How many Administrators allowed per Room (Poll Closed)

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.

How many Administrators allowed per Room

Poll ended at Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:12 am

3 Admins only per room
28%
5 Admins are okay per room
No votes
As many admins as they want to! As long as they're active!
70%
I have another opinion (leave a comment)
2%

Total votes: 50
Sylvah
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

Hey Wolfhomies!

In an effort to make the community more comfortable, we, the administration have a question of you all. One of the concerns that was brought up recently was having too many admins per room. We thought it would be a great idea to start a poll and see how you guys feel about it! Please vote and feel free to leave your opinions in the thread.

The poll options are also listed here below:
  • 3 Admins only per room
  • 5 Admins are okay per room
  • As many admins as they want to! As long as they're active!
  • I have another opinion (leave a comment)
Please vote in the poll above this thread, or comment to specify and discuss.
Thank you guys, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts.
We'll keep this poll open for a week.

Thank you,
The Wolfhome Administration
Co-Owner & Alpha of Olympus
Come check it out & join our community Discord today!

checkout my ➛ art thread, commissions, & colouring services
view my ➛ links & important information
trello ➛ to-do list commissions
Prior Wolfhome Alpha

17.7.18 | 8.11.19
viverrinae
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Preferred Name: samm
Species: genet

Pride

I don't think they should have to be active 100% of the time, just reachable. (Howl noise, can see chat, discord available, etc. something yknow) otherwise I'd have chosen that one. I think admins on WH and from my experience most other chats are capable of recognizing when its time to spread out. We haven't really had the need for that in a bit while I do hope it happens again soon, I think if there needs to be a rule, then we have the wrong admins.
Sylvah
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

@vivfox Thank you for your response! Very much appreciate your stance. I don't necessarily agree that we don't have the right admins here, I think we're just really trying our hardest to address the concerns that get brought up to us. I personally haven't come across issues with our administrators not being active to handle reports/questions and so forth but we feel it's important to address it in case and we want our userbase to feel heard with their concerns and have the ability to voice their opinion. We want everyone to be able to have a say if it makes everyone more comfortable and continue to improve our transparency. I can see why multiple administrators in one room could also make others nervous or are just not uncomfortable with it, so I'm interested in hearing further thoughts on the matter. There is a few reasons why we thought a poll would be lovely here, not solely in regards to activity purposes. Again, I very much appreciate your response and thank you <3

Prior Wolfhome Alpha

17.7.18 | 8.11.19
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

Honestly I don't think it's a big worry on how many are in a room together, for me, it's more that there's only 1-2 admins online anymore in a 24 hour period, and if they are, they're idle, and other admins don't get on chat at all usually. When you guys use other forms of communication (like the forums & discord) it doesn't.. show that to the community, they don't SEE you interacting or active within the community, as most posts on the forums aren't to interact with others, but personal posts, or towards friends. It makes you all seem very closed off and hidden, which is why I think it's more important to increase the administrative activity on chat, since it's probably not that busy, forum wise with reports I'd assume with how slow chatlands is now(correct me if I'm wrong however), which to me means you need to increase your activity within the public community, since there's a required activity amount, or at least, there should still be.

I voted that it's fine w/ many admins active, because honestly, administrative presence has been lacking for years on the chat itself. I want to see the administrative leaders of this community, actually present on chat, and if that means sitting with a full room where other admins are already at? Then do that! Being present is probably one of the best things you could give the chat community.
Cider
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

I selected “as many as they want as long as they’re active” but I would really like an option of “as many as they want as long as the room isn’t full.” I don’t think administrators shouldn’t be allowed to hang out together, because ultimately they come to Wolfhome home to hang out and chat with their friends like the rest of us. But if they’re in a full room, I think it would be nice if they took the lead on spreading out a bit. If there are four admins in a room at 15 or 16/15 I assume they’re keeping up with idle checks, so if that room is really maxed out, then someone should migrate to an empty or less populated room. That will encourage more users to stay logged in when they come on and see a full room.
fae
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Preferred Name: kenzie

I would just like to echo Mithril & Cider's statements. I have absolutely no problem with rooms being chock-full of admins as long as 1) the room is not completely full and 2) the admins are staying active and checking idles regularly.
(I'd like to give a personal shout out to @Totem for this bc they are extremely consistent and regular about checking idles and removing dead users and that's made room for me and multiple friends in rooms a few good times now)

I also totally agree that if a room is totally full, and there are multiple admins, they should probably spread out. It's really discouraging as a long-time user that is now returning to log on and see that there's one active room, it's completely full, and there's 4 admins in it. My options there are either go to an empty room and request an idle check, go to an empty room and maybe some others will come join me, or my go-to which is "this is kinda pointless" and log off.

// Just to add a little clarification, I voted as many admins as they please because I would think it's a little unfair if a room is totally empty to also say well, 5 admins are online but only 2-3 are allowed to be in this near-empty chat room.

with purpose

terms of service commissions

Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Pride

i voted in favor of no limit to the amount of admins in a room. i think if we are going to conquer the divide between admins and users, and potentially squash the clique issue, we can start by treating admins as users (to an extent). all admins started out as users and probably joined WH w the intent to chat with others. i see no reason why admins can’t enjoy a room just like everyone else.

now i do sometimes find it to be an issue when all admins sit together in a pile, i think it could look intimidating to others but again they all share something in common and are often friends so why should they not be allowed to sit with each other?

i think all of our admins are smart enough to know when to spread out to other rooms if other rooms are active. i know that doesn’t happen much these days though which is why i don’t think there should be a limit on the amount of admins in a room. i also think the admins are responsible enough to know when to go off duty, turn howls on, etc.
this is me trying
discord: hannessy
CrowFly
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: Female
Species: Cougar

Pride

So I'm in agreement with everyone here. Honestly, I could care less how many admins are in a room as long as they're making a point to move out as needed if people.
My problem isn't having admins in the room, My problem is that oftentimes I do see admins idle in an active room. There are private rooms available to everyone if you can't be active at the time and are only semi-available, it's not fair to take up space in public rooms. Also, my biggest thing right now is the lack of active chat monitoring, At night I see maybe 1 admin on for a short while, and then there is no one and I see a lot of things go unnoticed because of that. And since I'm on frequently at night it sucks when an idle check needs to be done and there are no admins on. >.< My concern is that a better admin layout to cover more timeframes needs some looking into.
No longer apart of wolfhome
Find me on Baetyl
Sylvah
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds

Definitely some valid concerns and points being made in here, I love to see it. The one that’s sticking out the most to me from what I’ve seen is just the overall activity of interacting with the community when online (and/or administrators coming on more often), and the forum. Rest assured it will be discussed amongst the team so that we can hopefully figure out a good solution to this and plan to! Really do appreciate the insight guys. Thank you, and we hear you!

Prior Wolfhome Alpha

17.7.18 | 8.11.19
Kennedy
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/He
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox/Domestic Cat

Pride

As many as they like, but they should be active if it’s a full room or almost full room. I’ve been on plenty of chats where admins just go into rooms and die for 6+ hours.
#BlackLivesMatter
mermaid
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: Colby

Pride

Less worried abt how many admins per room and more worried abt how many admins actually touch chat if at all. In my week of activity, 90% of that time was spent without an admin online and I came on at all times of the day. Not like there's much to report but :person_shrugging:
fae
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Preferred Name: kenzie

On a side note and this could 100% just be me but I also just like to feel like admins... want to talk to regular users. It always feels a little to me (because I've also been on nearly every day this week for most of the day) when the chat just goes without admins all day that's it's a little
Spoiler! :
in all seriousness though I think activity and interaction is what the people crave from the administration

with purpose

terms of service commissions

vereena
Pronouns: she
Preferred Name: morgan
Species: kind bean

Pride

I feel like to say that only a certain amount of admins should be allowed into a room isn't truly fair, as they are people with friends just as much as we are. I understand that they have a duty to kick fellow users, and make sure nobody is actin' a fool in the room.

I for sure get what everyone is saying though. I picked as many as you want as long as they are active, but I do have to agree that it can suck if there's 4 admins in a room and there is no branching out. I will be the first to say that whenever that is happening I will hardly take the effort to ask one of my friends to ask an admin to do an ideal check. I will generally just log off and might not try again that day.

It is really difficult to decide such a thing when yes, you are admins, but we also recognize you have a life and friends here as well. I typically won't see many admins on at once (and hardly 4 at a time) so I would agree that admin presence on chat is lacking (but I have noticed more admins reaching out in a friendly way like @Sylvah this morning, it was extremely appreciated until WH kicked me off <3) and it would be nice if ya'll could take the initiative to branch out where you're going... and I know that you want our opinion on this, but I feel like branching out has to be something you actually want to do to get more people staying on. You have to be willing to branch out and conversate with the individuals who end up branching out as well if that makes sense, and it doesn't seem like something we can give a good opinion on because like I said previously -- we see you as both admins and people. Admins, who have a job to do, but also people who have friends they want to talk with as well. It just seems like something you'd have to put the work in for -- like, hang out with friends in a room or branch out and talk to strangers?
these things eat at your bones and drive your young mind crazy
Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Pride

Teak wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 pm
I have a totally different opinion and voted for 3 limit per room because I think it’s important to open up and encourage others to join other rooms. Therefore there isn’t always just 1 active room. 1 room doesn’t need 3 on duty admins watching. I personally just log out if I see in the mysts 1 active room that’s full and I can’t get it, and it can be discouraging to see 4-5 admins in there. You guys also talk to each other on discord, so I feel like 3 admins is enough (also note how I said on duty!)
This is just my opinion.
this is actually a really good point! i hadn't thought of that. but honestly i still feel like that should be at the admin's discretion.
this is me trying
discord: hannessy
vil
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer

i definitely agree with briar and gringo! admins deserve to hang with their friends just like us. but if there's 4 or more in a full room, they should branch out! maybe asking if any others users would like to split up rooms with them, I know I'd be down to 😎👊
Locked Previous topicNext topic