Idle checking and Idle kicks admin protocol

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

Hey Wolfhomies!

We wanted to make sure you were all in the loop on our new idle checking protocol. We understand it has been an issue lately based on this topic, and we have updated our policies to reflect a way to relieve some of the idle user issues that were raised. Administrators will now be checking idles more frequently. This will include admins being able to enter full rooms to idle check as long as they are not staying in that room or doing it for personal gain. The big heads up here is that anyone that is idle for 2+ hours may be kicked without warning as well.

Hopefully these changes will help! If you have any questions or concerns, or need a room checked, please feel free to contact any admin on chat, send in a problem ticket, or contact any of us via message.

Thanks for being awesome!
-The Wolfhome Administration Team
☆ A final farewell ☆
Chellow
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Pride

Just double checking - we are allowed to be as idle as we please in our own private rooms, correct?
Xina
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Taylor

Is there any harm in sharing the procedures with us in effort to be more transparent??
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

That is the procedure? We'll be going in, asking if people are alive, and kicking them?
I guess I"m not sure what you're asking?
☆ A final farewell ☆
Xina
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Taylor

Fik wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:53 pm
That is the procedure? We'll be going in, asking if people are alive, and kicking them?
I guess I"m not sure what you're asking?
I thought that was how it had always been? What changed?
Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Admins were discouraged from entering full rooms to do idle kicks due to it seeming as an abuse of power and we generally would only check idles on request. We also would ask for a response, regardless of how long a user was idle.

I hope that clarifies!
☆ A final farewell ☆
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Hello friends!

I wanted to bump this topic as a reminder of our protocol, but also to let you all know that we are updating with one small change. With the recent refresh update from Chrome, some users will constantly refresh causing them to leave and re-enter the room, which resets their idle time. We, the administration, have decided that if this happens 3 times in a row, with the user not talking or moving during that time (ie. remaining idle), we will auto-kick that person for being "stuck". You can also report "stuck" or idle users to any Wolfhome administrator, and we will be happy to check in with them, and if needed, kick them from the room.

Remember that you can try the patch that Underdog has put out by typing !patch in your chat bar when you enter a room (check out the announcement here). This should help with the constant refreshing and other bug problems it may cause. If you continue to experience problems, please do not hesitate to send us a problem ticket!

Thanks so much and happy chatting!
☆ A final farewell ☆
Locked Previous topicNext topic