Nipple Rule Revision: Voting and Discussion

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.

Should the rule be revised and changed?

Keep the rule as is (no nipples allowed)
26%
Change the rule (Male nipples, no female nipples)
74%

Total votes: 99
pariae
Beta - Forum Administrator
Pronouns: She/Her.
Preferred Name: Emily Alena
Species: Arctic Fox.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Pecktre wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm
fable wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Ya'll can't have female nipples on this furry site no matter how unfair it is(because yes, it's hella unfair, I agree), due to legal issues that would lead to site shutdowns and lawsuits, opinions/wants of everyone, genuinely don't have a say in that part since it's a law that restricts it. The only part we do have a say in, is to allow male nipples, or none at all, that's it, that's all we get. Pick one.
Ok I love titties I love women I drink my respect and validate women juice every day and I want a world where women can whip their titties out
but I've accepted that wolfhome isnt the place where I can push this change without there being a lot more issues that it cant sustain because it's so small so YES WOMEN ARE EQUAL AND DESERVE TO LET THE TATAS FLY but we gotta fight that with society not wolfhome, then maybe we can have tatas here
All of this.
Personally, I really could not care less if there are nipples allowed on the site, in images, gifs, anthro art, videos, etc. I don't care, it doesn't make a difference to me if there is or isn't. I know a lot of people want at least male nipples allowed so I'm going to be voting for that.
But, I find calling the opinions in favor of allowing one but not the other Transphobic to be ridiculous and pretty offensive towards the one's voting for male nipples to be allowed.
As said above, Wolfhome isn't the place to push for all of the changes we want to see in the world.
It would be great if both were allowed since that's what I believe the majority want, but a furry chat isn't going to be revolutionizing anything or make a huge difference by allowing it.
Instead like Pecktre and Fable said it will result in legal action taken, and probably get shut down. But, that's just my two cents.
2 x
∞ ᴺᵒ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ ʷʰᵃᵗ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿˢ, ᴵ’ˡˡ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵒᵛⁱⁿᵍ.
ᵁⁿᵗⁱˡ ᵗʰⁱˢ ˡⁱᶠᵉ ʳᵘⁿˢ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵉ, ᴵ ʷⁱˡˡ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʷᵃˡᵏⁱⁿᵍ. ∞

A check mark on my lessons learned.
That you don't always get what you deserve.
Kyo
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Species: ASIAN

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:16 pm

tfw this is being "revised" bc the old topic was brought back to life
1 x
ToS | FurAffinity | Art
Kyo + dialga on chat
Cairn
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Preferred Name: PK/Anne
Species: Forever Exhausted

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:19 pm

I feel like this is still too fresh to be reviewed, but I voted again
3 x
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
Andes
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: He / Him
Preferred Name: Andrew
Species: Canadian Timber Wolf

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:26 pm

But it IS Transphobic. Especially calling it "male" and "female" nipples. Maybe better wording would help, like using "afab" and "amab".

It's true that legal stuff prevents afab nipples, and that's out of anyone's control. That's why it also makes complete sense to not allow amab nipples, either. Using the excuse of "well, that's just how American law is" is just further contributing to the blatant sexism and transphobia. It's seriously not even that big a deal if you can't show amab nipples to people on chats, anyway. Like, how will it hurt you?

Instead of being part of the problem, let's take a stand against it.
2 x
pariae

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Kyo wrote:
Does it really matter if the Administration decides to bring it up again now or later?
The point is, this current topic is here now for discussion since previously it was freshly implemented. It was already discussed that this rule would be revisited in the future.
Considering it's been nearly a year if not longer (I don't care to keep up with the timeframe) I don't see an issue with it being brought back up.
2 x

Akala
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 pm

pariae wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:29 pm
Kyo wrote:
Does it really matter if the Administration decides to bring it up again now or later?
The point is, this current topic is here now for discussion since previously it was freshly implemented. It was already discussed that this rule would be revisited in the future.
Considering it's been nearly a year if not longer (I don't care to keep up with the timeframe) I don't see an issue with it being brought back up.
I actually started a discussion of the possibility weeks before the old one was bumped, so that's not the case! I wanted this to be re-visited before the end of the year.
3 x
Trello | Toyhou.se | Commissions
I'm on a semi-hiatus from 18th - 29th of November
Jailbird
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Kyo wrote:
I think they said way back this was going to be discussed in the future they just dont know when, NOT SAYING IT ISNT PURPOSEFUL but being on the team previously it might coincide simply because discussion takes so long what with needing clearance from certain people at times

If it was intentional tho I mean better now than never huh I know this is a tiring topic but we may as well get it out of the way and speak our minds

Edit stinky hat everyone got to this
0 x
☽ ☉ ☾
Pages of my heart have been torn out
Words inside my mind I can't pin down
Avourkrah
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: どれか
Preferred Name: リー (Lee)
Species:

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:58 pm

I'm tired of seeing this.
We settled on "all or nothing". That was the choice everyone decided on.
Can we get past this already. There's people that are already unhappy with the decision we decided on, if you switch the rules around again it'll remain the same, UNHAPPY people, we can't make everyone happy. Why not keep it the way it is?
5 x

Nothing goes as planned in this cerused world. The longer you live,
the more you realize that the only things that truly exist in this reality is merely pain, suffering and futility.

私は失敗しました。 。
AutumnRain
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Whatever

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Pecktre wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm
fable wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Ya'll can't have female nipples on this furry site no matter how unfair it is(because yes, it's hella unfair, I agree), due to legal issues that would lead to site shutdowns and lawsuits, opinions/wants of everyone, genuinely don't have a say in that part since it's a law that restricts it. The only part we do have a say in, is to allow male nipples, or none at all, that's it, that's all we get. Pick one.
Ok I love titties I love women I drink my respect and validate women juice every day and I want a world where women can whip their titties out
but I've accepted that wolfhome isnt the place where I can push this change without there being a lot more issues that it cant sustain because it's so small so YES WOMEN ARE EQUAL AND DESERVE TO LET THE TATAS FLY but we gotta fight that with society not wolfhome, then maybe we can have tatas here
That

Just remember, 100 years ago, men couldn't wear topless swimsuits. We'll get there. Just keep up your friendly rl conversations and debates to make the change we need in order to see the effects here. We'll get there.

and then WH will just be a cool nude beach
2 x
serendipity
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: he/him
Preferred Name: Jesse
Species: vampire

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:02 pm

The rule change (reverting back to how the rule used to be before the rule change a couple years ago) would mean that due to how legal avenues and society views nipples, any nipples on breasts that are not flat and nipples on female-identifying characters are not allowed. Nipples on flat chests belonging to non-female identifying characters are fine. Non-female characters with breasts that are not flat cannot have nipples showing. As a pre-surgery trans man myself, I understand why this is frustrating - but sadly that's how society treats nipples. Wolfhome being a PG-13 site cannot LEGALLY allow female nipples or nipples on breasts that are not flat. That's why we're making it so any not-flat breasts cannot have nipples as well.
We are totally okay with rewording the rule as well so that it's more like the above ^ as being trans myself I see where you're coming from and I hope this clarifies!

For example, it would be much like how it is now legally in real life if the rule is revised - this is a personal example since it's easiest for me to write out but - a post-top surgery afab trans person can go out in public on a beach for example topless, however, a pre-top surgery afab trans person cannot.

This rule not only applies to personal OCs, but also gifs, pictures, etc. that may be linked or posted on the forums or chat.

As we stated in the past, we were always open to reviewing this rule again in the future. A good portion of the userbase has made it clear that they're unhappy with the way the current rule stands, which is why we wanted to bring it up for the first OFFICIAL administration-hosted nipple rule revision since the official rule was put into place at the end of 2016! We want to make sure that we're listening to the userbase and taking into account what people think about our current rules and rule changes.
8 x
𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓹𝓲𝓽𝔂
~ ~
Hierophant
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Hyena

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:10 pm

An obscure furry site isn't the place to push this. I don't see how saying all or none is fair when you're actively taking away something in the process. All this affects is Wolfhome and it's users- not society as a whole. There are binding laws and regulations and it sucks, but I should rather have the male nipples back. 🤷‍♀️
3 x

God damn this cursed iron first, when I lose control.
Image Image

Jailbird
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Also I'm sorry I want shit to move forward as the next guy ok but why are people trying to act like titty nipples on wh is like....ground breaking and world changing? this is an obscure furry site that no one knows about or even cares about if they do know and in all reality it could be dead in 10 years for all we know

Why aren't we taking all this energy and passion about societal change and putting it into something that's worth the effort? Not Furry and Friends Dot Com

Let em have their flat boob nipples and fight for change for the tatas
start a movement kick society's ass so everyone can have some tiddies not exclusively wh

Edit someone got to it b4 me I'm SLOW OK
7 x
☽ ☉ ☾
Pages of my heart have been torn out
Words inside my mind I can't pin down
Kei
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:14 pm

Hey guys, lets get back to the discussion at hand. Coyfox brought up a great suggestion that is a middle ground for all of us.
Coyfox wrote:The rule change (reverting back to how the rule used to be before the rule change a couple years ago) would mean that due to how legal avenues and society views nipples, any nipples on breasts that are not flat and nipples on female-identifying characters are not allowed. Nipples on flat chests belonging to non-female identifying characters are fine. Non-female characters with breasts that are not flat cannot have nipples showing. As a pre-surgery trans man myself, I understand why this is frustrating - but sadly that's how society treats nipples. Wolfhome being a PG-13 site cannot LEGALLY allow female nipples or nipples on breasts that are not flat. That's why we're making it so any not-flat breasts cannot have nipples as well.
We are totally okay with rewording the rule as well so that it's more like the above ^ as being trans myself I see where you're coming from and I hope this clarifies!

For example, it would be much like how it is now legally in real life if the rule is revised - this is a personal example since it's easiest for me to write out but - a post-top surgery afab trans person can go out in public on a beach for example topless, however, a pre-top surgery afab trans person cannot.

This rule not only applies to personal OCs, but also gifs, pictures, etc. that may be linked or posted on the forums or chat.

As we stated in the past, we were always open to reviewing this rule again in the future. A good portion of the userbase has made it clear that they're unhappy with the way the current rule stands, which is why we wanted to bring it up for the first OFFICIAL administration-hosted nipple rule revision since the official rule was put into place at the end of 2016! We want to make sure that we're listening to the userbase and taking into account what people think about our current rules and rule changes.
Personally, I would love to see this being implemented.
2 x

pariae

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Andes wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:26 pm
But it IS Transphobic. Especially calling it "male" and "female" nipples. Maybe better wording would help, like using "afab" and "amab".

It's true that legal stuff prevents afab nipples, and that's out of anyone's control. That's why it also makes complete sense to not allow amab nipples, either. Using the excuse of "well, that's just how American law is" is just further contributing to the blatant sexism and transphobia. It's seriously not even that big a deal if you can't show amab nipples to people on chats, anyway. Like, how will it hurt you?

Instead of being part of the problem, let's take a stand against it.
You do realize that most, if not all the people saying male / female nipples on this topic are NOT actually transphobic.
I do not appreciate and will not tolerate anyone coming at me and saying I'm transphobic.
Like I said before, Wolfhome is a furry 2D chat that is PG-13 and has a shit ton to lose by allowing all nipples.
It's not an excuse, it's a law that can cause LEGAL ACTION to be taken against Underdog / Chatlands as a whole and have the entire thing shut down.
There's a time and place to fight for this stuff, and a furry chat isn't it.
It's a furry chat, it's not the supreme court, and it's not going to be a revolutionary thing if all are implemented.
9 x

LUX
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:22 pm

PKeys wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:19 pm
I feel like this is still too fresh to be reviewed, but I voted again
This.
0 x
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥
"Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King Jr.