Helping Howls - a new section on the board

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Pride

Hi there, Wolfhome!

With much consideration and planning, the Wolfhome Administration has decided to make a few changes to the Wolfhome Community Board.

The Semper Fidelis subforum is being renamed to Helping Howls. This change is to accommodate for different types of help and support, in addition to support that would be provided for the passing of a loved one, prayers/best wishes, and thankful topics among others.

So, what kind of topics, in addition to what normally would have been put in the Semper Fidelis, would go in the Helping Howls section?
  • * Homework help topics.
    * Journal topics. (Within the guidelines for these journal topics taken into consider of course.)
    * Topics with medical questions.
    * Topics asking for help with pets.
    * Topics requesting resources (including asking for resources and tutorials that are art related, any of these tutorials you wish to share can always be posted here).
    * Advice topics.
    * The "Never Alone" thread.
Any topics, past, present or future, of these sort that were posted in Critter Chatter will be moved to Helping Howls. The Critter Chatter guidelines will also be updated to reflect these changes.

We will also be including a list of Administrators that are available to be contacted at any time for venting/personal talk/advice. We will also be including some way of contacting them off of the forums. However, we strongly stress that the Administration is in no way a replacement for professional help but a friendly shoulder to lean on.

Lastly, we would like to reaffirm that if you act upon advice given to you by another user, it is not Chatlands' or Wolfhome's responsibility if something were to happen. You make the executive decision to follow advice given to you by other users. Please see here for more information.

Thank you all for reading. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to comment below.

Not active here.

Feel free to reach out on Discord: Takatia#8483
Or on Twitter: @thejesterfox
cicada
ginger dog
ginger dog
Pronouns: she/her

I'm really glad this was implemented
no longer active. please contact me on discord @cicadajo for any art-related enquiries
sora
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: he/it
Preferred Name: puppet

So glad my idea is finally going to use.
#REDinstead
Harley
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Kiki

..Why are things that aren't really related being shoved together?
Don't get me wrong, a section for help/advice is great. But to shove them in with topics concerning the loss of loved ones and tragic events?
Personally I see that as kind of insulting. "Help me with homework!!" right next to "My friend passed away." :U

All my Links
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Pride

They all fall under the category of seeking or giving advice, help, thoughts or well-wishes, and support. A place for people to turn to for needing varying types of support. It was not our intention to insult anyone through this change, and I do apologize if it comes across that way. I see it as equivalent to someone posting in the feelings topic that they are sad about their loved one passing and the next person saying they are happy, which would show a disregard, even if it was not intentional, for acknowledging someone in need. Everyone faces their own battles and needs their own different types of support, and it's best not to compare the magnitude of the topics or support necessary, regardless of the content or what section it is in. It is taking into consideration the small amount of support and outreach topics in the Critter Chatter and giving them a home where they can flourish and receive more feedback and attention. While Semper Fidelis was notoriously known as containing topics for mourning, it also contained thank you and support topics for those who are still alive. It is not solely a place for discussing those who have passed.

Not active here.

Feel free to reach out on Discord: Takatia#8483
Or on Twitter: @thejesterfox
Hygge
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: she/her

Would topics such as needing help finding a user, needing help finding a character, or needing help finding a characters art fall under this section?
you outshine the morning sun
Ricochet on chat
sora
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: he/it
Preferred Name: puppet

Ricochet wrote:Would topics such as needing help finding a user, needing help finding a character, or needing help finding a characters art fall under this section?
I feel as though those should go in General Wolfhome Discussion since they're WH related questions.
#REDinstead
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Preferred Name: Christa

i do feel like the mourning topics/paying respects to lost loved ones/pets/etc. should really be separate, but that is just my honest preference. i'm glad this was implemented, regardless.
Horiyoko
Omniscient
Omniscient

Saeglopur wrote:i do feel like the mourning topics/paying respects to lost loved ones/pets/etc. should really be separate, but that is just my honest preference. i'm glad this was implemented, regardless.
I agree with this, Helping Howls sounds like it should be it's own subforum imo.
But, nonetheless this is great to have been implemented.

˚₊‧꒰ა ♱ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
And let's be clear
I trust no one.

𖤐︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶𖤐
CollyWobbles
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She/Her
Species: i wonder????

We will also be including a list of Administrators that are available to be contacted at any time for venting/personal talk/advice. We will also be including some way of contacting them off of the forums. However, we strongly stress that the Administration is in no way a replacement for professional help but a friendly shoulder to lean on.
this is really great, i hope some users could find the help they need with this !!
Echoplex
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: Mads
Species: Ruffed Lemur

Pride

Saeglopur wrote:i do feel like the mourning topics/paying respects to lost loved ones/pets/etc. should really be separate, but that is just my honest preference. i'm glad this was implemented, regardless.

Want to follow my fursuit making? Follow https://linktr.ee/MadDawgStudios
Enfys
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: She/her/they

Chatan wrote:

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." ~ Mewtwo
Aeolia
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Peter wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Would topics such as needing help finding a user, needing help finding a character, or needing help finding a characters art fall under this section?
I feel as though those should go in General Wolfhome Discussion since they're WH related questions.

Those would stay in General Wolfhome Discussion (GWD), and is where they should be going. :)
dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

Mmm.. I really like that there's a subforum for help topics now but mourning topics are not really the same thing in my eyes, and should've been kept separate because it's kinda.. Cold? Bundling it all up in one area. That's not the word I want to use, but I can't exactly remember the word I'm trying to use instead :(
Whatever works ig

The word I might be thinking of is detached
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Preferred Name: Christa

I understand what you mean, because seeing my own loss topic there felt uncomfortable, like there is now a strange indifference to those threads.
Locked Previous topicNext topic