Can Someone Help Me? *

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
Carcharias
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Allison

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:32 pm

I'm making a pose. And I posed for it so I could outline it easier. I used red to do this, so I could see what I was doing. But now that i finished with the outline, how do I turn the red color to black?

EDIT: Let me try to make this more clear. lol. So I posed for a pose I'm making. My mom took a pic of me in the pose position and I outlined it on GIMP. I outlined it in red so I could see what I was doing. But now that I'm done outlining, I need the lines black. How do I change the color from red to black?
0 x
Ravi
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Species: jaguar

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Armatura wrote:I'm making a pose. And I posed for it so I could outline it easier. I used red to do this, so I could see what I was doing. But now that i finished with the outline, how do I turn the red color to black?

EDIT: Let me try to make this more clear. lol. So I posed for a pose I'm making. My mom took a pic of me in the pose position and I outlined it on GIMP. I outlined it in red so I could see what I was doing. But now that I'm done outlining, I need the lines black. How do I change the color from red to black?

this is a strange way to make a pose. i am curious if you managed to do them on separate layers, or if this pose-making method is even "legal" in wh standards. but an AS will reply with that, i am sure.
0 x
Fellzor
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: jess
Species: ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:32 pm

i am not sure why this wouldn't be allowed for the wh standards.. as long as it's the appropriate species and stuff.

are you using gimp for the whole process or do you have any other programs? i have never used gimp, so i wouldn't be able to tell you how to fix the outline.
0 x
i ain't scare of no things
★ ☆ ★
commissions! | artwork! | premades!

Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Preferred Name: Maddy
Species: Fox

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm

You could turn the lines black by adjusting the brightness and contrast of the layer you are on. You would make it darker so the red would turn to a black. I hope this helps.
0 x
ImageImage
When I was a child, my nerves ran wild
When I watched my friends rise to the tops of the trees
The risk of fall -- I never climbed at all
Every day I told myself "I'm not ready"

nanook
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:35 pm

that's an interesting way to make a pose but obviously it's legal. i think GIMP has a curves function like photoshop. go to tools > color tools > curves. drag the straight line around with your mouse and it'll mess with the contrast, and you should be able to get clean black lines. or you can just "desaturate" the image in the same tool area.
0 x
wonder.space.dog [@] gmail.com
if you need me, use the bat signal.
deviantART / art tumblr
Carcharias
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Cobweb wrote:
Armatura wrote:I'm making a pose. And I posed for it so I could outline it easier. I used red to do this, so I could see what I was doing. But now that i finished with the outline, how do I turn the red color to black?

this is a strange way to make a pose. i am curious if you managed to do them on separate layers, or if this pose-making method is even "legal" in wh standards. but an AS will reply with that, i am sure.

Well I only posed for it because I cant draw an anthro pose on its own. haha xD
EDIT I'll upload the pose probably tomorrow. And I did make a new layer when I was outlining it. :P
0 x
Carcharias
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Fellzor wrote:i am not sure why this wouldn't be allowed for the wh standards.. as long as it's the appropriate species and stuff.

are you using gimp for the whole process or do you have any other programs? i have never used gimp, so i wouldn't be able to tell you how to fix the outline.

lol, I just outlined it and added wolf ears, nose, paws, and a tail. It was an anthro pose, and I cant draw those very well by hand. so I decided to pose for it lmfao. and it worked rather well. :P and yes, I used gimp for the whole thing.
0 x
Carcharias
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 am

This is the pose. I apologize for its largeness. :( But see what I did? I just added a tail, made my head look wolfish, and I added paws. So I hope there's no more confusion as to how I made this.

0 x
Ravi
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Species: jaguar

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 am

hey thats not too bad
0 x
Carcharias
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 am

Thank you. ^^

Can someone move this to a diff forum? I need help on it now. I need it resized and outlined, and possibly greyscaled.
0 x
Locked Previous topicNext topic