Critique me please

This section is intended ONLY for topics which are no longer relevant, but may be needed for future reference.
Arcaine
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: She, Her
Species: Shrimp with no legs

Fri May 20, 2016 10:07 pm

I thin I've fallen into a good place with my art, I'm happy where I'm at.
But there is always room for improvement or changing things!
Right?
So, is there anything that I can do to my art to make it seem more appealing or interesting?
Look better? Maybe something I should do differently.
Is my anatomy okay??
Idk anything helps!
Do you even like my art??
Most recent pose example

My art topic: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=182208" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you for the help! I will work harder to improve ! :)
0 x
Terms and Service
The silent ones are my choir
Characters
Please contact on discord: SugarBeanx#4502
Pocket
Pronouns: she/her
Species: tiefling

Fri May 20, 2016 10:19 pm

i love your art ! and i think you can go so much further with it by experimenting.
i'd love to see you try different types of faces - maybe with visible lower jaws (if that makes sense)
a lot of your stuff it in 3/4s view so maybe try different perspectives as well. ~

OoooOOooooOooo
also a lot of artists lock their lineart layer to color the lines a color other than black to match the characters better.
i'd love to see you expiriment with line colors other than black or maybe even smaller lines.

youve come so far already omg and you just keep getting better.
i am sooo jelly of how amazing everything you draw is. youre also so fast its crazy.
0 x
Meraki
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Fri May 20, 2016 11:00 pm

FIRST OFF
you know I love yo art<3 LOL
And sorry if my critique is kind of sucky, i'm still learning too and don't do this much.

___
I would say anatomy along with perspective, even though you have those down pretty good; there are some spots that are out of place/wrong angle.
(Using the kitty pose as an example) I noticed the foot that shows is angled wrong, if you're going for the Indian position (assuming) you should see more of the bottom of it. Usually people have their feet curled/laying on side kind of like (below).
Spoiler! :
Anddd small note on perspective, I noticed on a few of your pieces your ear sizing can be a little off. Not by much but the back ear always seems to be a tad too small compared to the front ear. I would just be careful with that, the ear in the back should be slightly smaller yes- but not a huge difference. (The ears are really the only thing that stands out to me on perspective, you draw bodies amazing hot diggity)

I agree so much with Pocket, that one piece you did with the colored lines looked sooo pretty! It was awesome seeing you try them out, please keep going for it! Your art is always exciting to see and I'm glad you constantly push forward/try new things. You are beyond flexible and have a wonderful can do attitude which is amazing<3 ily
0 x
U.N.I.T.Y
That's a Unity

Previously Fortune

FA
Arcaine
Pronouns: She, Her
Species: Shrimp with no legs

Sat May 21, 2016 7:56 am

@ Pocket
Yeah I know what you mean about the lower jaws, I should really work on incorperating them in. :(
I will try my best to do different perspectives too, there are just so many views you can do in anthro before it gets repetitive. xD
Yeah I just learned how to do the line colors, an d in the future I look forward to doing them more but as of right now I feel like it may make the piece look a bit fuzzy, but once I get down better I will start putting it into my pieces!! :D
I try my best to be fast but pieces can take so long because I'm slow. LMAO.
Thank you for your kind words and critique. Ily<3

@Forester
I love your art more??? Okay !!
Aw, well lets learn together and get better together<3
The position is actually a squat position. ;o; But I do agre that the foot is still oddly placed even for that, should've been more straight.
If it where an indian style I probably would've showed more of the body/legs to show off the position in the pose.
YAH I need to stop sizing the ears like that I will do my best not to do that. xD Or at least size them down that smol. xD
Aw thank you, I'm really proud how far my anatomy has come, that while without a tablet really gave me a lot of time to get abetter grasp on anatomy!

Yeah I really liked the piece with the colored lines, but as stated above I'm still learing and until I get them right and they don't look at fuzzy I'm not sure how much I'll be using them. But I'm still practicing with them and will do my best to push out more pieces with the colored lines, since you guys like them so much! :D <3333

If I didn't try new things I don't think my art would be where it is now, I'm at a happy spot but there is always room to get better! I love trying new things to see if they work well with my style. Yeah! I'd hate to have a crabby attitude. :< Cause that's just horrible. Trying new things and doing things for others brings me real joy just knowing someone likes/enjoys/ appreciates what I do. :D
Thank you so much for your critique and lovely words, Ily too<333 :D

Still looking to learn more ! If it hasn't been mentioned already! :DD
Or just any input.
0 x
Terms and Service
The silent ones are my choir
Characters
Please contact on discord: SugarBeanx#4502
Locked Previous topicNext topic