I'm a web designer and casual poster. Unfortunately, I've noticed that the forums haven't been given as much attention as they deserve. So, I've taken it upon myself to give the forums a face-lift on my own - and releasing them to you guys to use!
For clarification, I am not an administrator or a moderator of these forums. This project is not condoned or sponsored by forum staff -- I'm just a guy interested in UI design, solving challenges and giving back to the community.
There are a few points that should be observed and some caveats to keep in mind.
- You will have to install a browser extension (Stylish for Chrome) to make it work
- To create a library of well designed stylesheets to enhance end-user experience
- The forum is operating on an outdated codebase - this means we don't have the latest developments in naming structure.
- Lack of properly specific CSS selectors limit the ease of styling - this means we have to get creative with our selectors.
- This will only work on the most modern browsers due to some of the hacks and workarounds that are necessary - backwards compatibility is not a priority here.
- No access to HTML - although I've done the best I could, there's no getting around poorly written HTML. Our forum software is 6 years out of date.