Art Rule Changes

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

I think it would genuinely depend on the quality!! It would be interesting to say the least.
☆ A final farewell ☆
mermaid
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Pronouns: they / them
Preferred Name: Colby

Pride

if gore category becomes something to talk about PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU let me DISABLE IT
GOOSE
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

not to be rude or anything but i really dont like that people can just upload photos with an outline. and i really dont like seeing it on chat. its just not visually appealing. i feel like the standards for what ART accepts on chat have fallen below what they should be, espcially in regards to the animated poses ive seen accepted
cicada
ginger dog
ginger dog
Pronouns: she/her

GOOSE wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:40 pm
not to be rude or anything but i really dont like that. and i really dont like seeing it on chat. its just not visually appealing. i feel like the standards for what ART accepts on chat have fallen below what they should be
Doesn’t seem like they have standards anymore 🥴 worlize and wolfing 2.0
no longer active. please contact me on discord @cicadajo for any art-related enquiries
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Alpen wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:44 pm
GOOSE wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:40 pm
not to be rude or anything but i really dont like that. and i really dont like seeing it on chat. its just not visually appealing. i feel like the standards for what ART accepts on chat have fallen below what they should be
Doesn’t seem like they have standards anymore worlize and wolfing 2.0
I'm so sorry that you feel this way (I removed the emoji from your post in case I need to edit mine :)) We're working on updating some of our protocols in regards to animated poses, but we also want people to have a good time. If you see a pose that was accepted and you feel like it's moving too quickly, was accepted on accident, or if you feel like it's genuinely not a great pose. Please please please don't hesitate to reach out to us. I'm always happy to bring things up for discussion, and we'd love to hear you all out on it.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Fayolah
Studying Apprentice
Studying Apprentice
Pronouns: she/he/they
Preferred Name: fen

Pride

Wolfhome Related

so just curious right now, since in the post it says larger games. in the past i tried to submit this pose with Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie (lol)
would that be acceptable now?
pose below
Spoiler! :
fen
ur so cool

dogwood
Omniscient
Omniscient

Hey! Is there any update in regards to poses being photographs/photoshopped and outlined animals/people/etc. allowed? Because I am continuing to see these poses on chat.
nevermind, I reread what foxolotl posted - I disagree with it, but thanks for clarifying!
Personal opinion is that it does look tacky, kinda makes Wolfhome more similar to Worlize, and I don't really think it's the best thing to do. Other than that, I really like the animated poses being added!
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Fayolah wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:39 am
so just curious right now, since in the post it says larger games. in the past i tried to submit this pose with Kazooie from Banjo Kazooie (lol)
would that be acceptable now?
pose below
Spoiler! :
Yes! This should be fine!

Also!!!
Hi Everyone! We've had some users give us some really, really good pointers. We've decided to remove a section of the plushie pose rules about copyrights for friends. We wanted to make sure our bases were covered, but that portion caused some confusion.

We are also implementing a speed cap on animated poses due to fast poses causing illness and possible seizures. Right now, we ask that if a user's pose is causing issue, please report it to an ART member, and we will be far more conscientious of this in the future. We'll also be putting together a do's and don't's guide for reference.

Next, we are revising our protocol on marking poses. In the past, we have disallowed poses that included urine and/or feces. We have decided to begin allowing such poses for use on chat for gag poses, however, if we find they are being abused, we may revoke that pose from use.

We are in the process of discussing protocols to allow small inanimate objects on chat and will hopefully have an update for everyone soon!

Finally, we are also revising our quality standards for some of the most recent concerns on low quality poses on chat. We encourage people to please send in PMs or contact us on chat with any concerns in these regards!! Again, we will post here with updates as soon as a decision has been reached.

Thank you all for your feedback, we truly appreciate it. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns!
☆ A final farewell ☆
Dreamer
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Dream

Pride

foxolotl wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm
Can I quickly also suggest that if you reject a pose for not meeting your aesthetic standards that you be really specific as to why? I really dislike those generic rejection reasons because some of them are so vague, so I think if you’re going reject a pose please be really clear why it’s being rejected! ☺️
I totally agree with this and yes absolutely, I'd love to revise that rejection reason because I also think that it's pretty generic so thank you so much for bringing that up!!!

One more thing to add to this, regarding the previous questions about photo poses on chats. ART has decided for now to revoke all photo poses for now until we come to a decision regarding it, we hear ya'll loud and clear and totally understand your concerns!! We'll try to discuss this as quickly as possible and roll out some new rules regarding that.
In the meantime, if you all see a photo pose on chats, please let us know so we can revoke it for time being! Thank you guys so much for understanding <3
GOOSE
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

a possible compromise: allowing photo poses in private rooms (also possibly faster gifs); a new category of poses would definitely help with this but just marking faster gifs as gore might work? idk just Thinking out loud. because while some users might not like how they look, i do know a lot of others do really enjoy using them

edit: all the proposed changes sound really wonderful, tysm
Reacher
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

I personally feel like using photo poses on chats kinda takes away from the 2d avatar aspect, I just wouldn't really like to see it? In public rooms anyway. But if the majority of the user base would like it then I'm all for it (:
Picti
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Pride

I just...want to have the option to toggle animated poses off LMFAO. I find them severely distracting ^ ^;
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Hello everyone! I have been testing (and having others help me test) the extension Animation Policy and it seems to work for Google Chrome. @GOOSE tested it on Opera and it didn't seem to work well, so I'll be looking for that browser soon. You can try the extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ee/related

As for Firefox, I found the following statement on Howtogeek:
Mozilla Firefox
Firefox offers a built-in way to stop animated GIFs from playing, or to force them to only play once.

To change this setting, type about:config into Firefox’s address bar and press Enter. You’ll see a warning telling you to be careful here, as you could change settings you shouldn’t. Be careful on this screen and don’t change any settings unless you know what you’re doing. Click “I’ll be careful, I promise!” to agree you’ve understood the warning.

Type image.animation into the search box on the about:config page. You’ll see a setting named image.animation_mode , which is set to normal by default. The “normal” behavior is to play every animated image on repeat over and over again.

Double-click the setting and set it to none to stop animated GIFs from playing. You could also set it to once if you want each animated GIF to play only once instead of repeating over and over. You don’t have to restart Firefox after making this change.
☆ A final farewell ☆
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient

Pride

Hello everyone!

The administration has rethought our stance on some animated poses. At this time, these are some dos and don'ts of uploading your animated pose! Please remember that there is a Chrome extention you can use to remove all moving images. It will just show a static image for you. You can also take steps in Firefox to do the same. You can find that information here: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=211031

Do -
Keep movements relatively slow
Lighting animation should be kept to light twinkling (think soft/slow christmas lights)
Double check both facing versions of your pose! Some conversion sites tend to ruin the outlines of your animation
Keep your colors and markings the same throughout. If the markings change too often, it can look like it's "blinking" rather than moving

Do Not -
Upload fast moving poses that can confuse the eye
Use bright, rapid, or blinking light type animations
Have your animation flip directions too quickly
Have too many moving parts
☆ A final farewell ☆
Locked Previous topicNext topic