Chatlands 2020 kickstarter!

This section is for updates or announcements made in regards to Wolfhome! Any announcements or updates to Wolfhome and the community will be posted here by an administrator.
User avatar
Andes
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 pm
Gender: Trans Male
Pronouns: He / Him
Preferred Name: Andrew
Species: Canadian Timber Wolf
Location: Alabama

Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:13 pm

I think that if the lowest possible level has to be $20 for the gifts that need to be mailed, there can be lower tiers with gifts that don't need to be mailed. Sorry if you've already thought about this and if I'm just repeating something already said als;dkfj

As for tier names, I have a few suggestions!

CL ranks/greek letters!
Omega
Gamma
Beta
Alpha
etc.

Animals!
Mouse
Rabbit
Eagle
Fox
Wolf
etc.

More Business-y sounding?
Supporter
Sponsor
Ambassador
Partner
etc.
1 x
Image
User avatar
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee
Posts: 12301
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Canada

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 pm

I don't think an artist would be willing to pay much more than $50 MAX a month for an ad space. On FurAffinity it's around $30-$40 I believe, and additionally, many sites and artists would probably rather advertise on a site that they see already succeeding rather than in the works.
That's just my two cents BUT if there is a way to make it work I think that would be great. <3
4 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5310
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 pm

Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 pm
I don't think an artist would be willing to pay much more than $50 MAX a month for an ad space. On FurAffinity it's around $30-$40 I believe, and additionally, many sites and artists would probably rather advertise on a site that they see already succeeding rather than in the works.
That's just my two cents BUT if there is a way to make it work I think that would be great. <3


I want artists to get the word out and I don't make much on advertising atm. I would look at this as a CPM thing, that is how much does an ad cost per 1K impressions? I was imagining 1 delta per 1000 impressions which is roughly the same as $1 CPM. But if I make less than that, I will. Let's see what happens. Wow, I had no idea furaffinity was owned by IMVU. Nor did I see how sexxed up it is. Maybe it's time for me to let my hair down (yes, dammit I am speaking figuratively) They are a giant site. What does $30 to $40 mean, how many monthly views does furaffinity manage? I am guessing they have a LOT of page views, if they have so many subscribers and anonymous visitors. So for $30 you can get a MONTH of unlimited advertising?? That is a good deal. Is it possible that the ad is a part of a rotation with other people that want to advertise too or does it show every time on every page?
2 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee
Posts: 12301
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Canada

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 pm

underdog wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 pm
Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 pm
I don't think an artist would be willing to pay much more than $50 MAX a month for an ad space. On FurAffinity it's around $30-$40 I believe, and additionally, many sites and artists would probably rather advertise on a site that they see already succeeding rather than in the works.
That's just my two cents BUT if there is a way to make it work I think that would be great. <3


I want artists to get the word out and I don't make much on advertising atm. I would look at this as a CPM thing, that is how much does an ad cost per 1K impressions? I was imagining 1 delta per 1000 impressions which is roughly the same as $1 CPM. But if I make less than that, I will. Let's see what happens. Wow, I had no idea furaffinity was owned by IMVU. Nor did I see how sexxed up it is. Maybe it's time for me to let my hair down (yes, dammit I am speaking figuratively) They are a giant site. What does $30 to $40 mean, how many monthly views does furaffinity manage? I am guessing they have a LOT of page views, if they have so many subscribers and anonymous visitors. So for $30 you can get a MONTH of unlimited advertising?? That is a good deal. Is it possible that the ad is a part of a rotation with other people that want to advertise too or does it show every time on every page?

I know that the advertisement will show up multiple times as it rotates through with other advertisements. You pay for a set amount of time, and it will rotate for that amount of time. You can pay by 1 month, 3 months or 6 months I believe. I'm not sure how many views they get, but it is definitely a fair bit since FurAffinity is so frequently used.
0 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5310
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 pm
underdog wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 pm
Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 pm
I don't think an artist would be willing to pay much more than $50 MAX a month for an ad space. On FurAffinity it's around $30-$40 I believe, and additionally, many sites and artists would probably rather advertise on a site that they see already succeeding rather than in the works.
That's just my two cents BUT if there is a way to make it work I think that would be great. <3


I want artists to get the word out and I don't make much on advertising atm. I would look at this as a CPM thing, that is how much does an ad cost per 1K impressions? I was imagining 1 delta per 1000 impressions which is roughly the same as $1 CPM. But if I make less than that, I will. Let's see what happens. Wow, I had no idea furaffinity was owned by IMVU. Nor did I see how sexxed up it is. Maybe it's time for me to let my hair down (yes, dammit I am speaking figuratively) They are a giant site. What does $30 to $40 mean, how many monthly views does furaffinity manage? I am guessing they have a LOT of page views, if they have so many subscribers and anonymous visitors. So for $30 you can get a MONTH of unlimited advertising?? That is a good deal. Is it possible that the ad is a part of a rotation with other people that want to advertise too or does it show every time on every page?

I know that the advertisement will show up multiple times as it rotates through with other advertisements. You pay for a set amount of time, and it will rotate for that amount of time. You can pay by 1 month, 3 months or 6 months I believe. I'm not sure how many views they get, but it is definitely a fair bit since FurAffinity is so frequently used.


Okay thanks. I will have to find out furaffinity rates. It looks like their main ad is about "YCH"... Should I just google that? :-D

As far as how much chatlands will charge for ads, or what a pledge will get, I'm not sure. I can only say that I am going to accept what the market will bear.
1 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee
Posts: 12301
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Canada

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:14 pm

underdog wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:08 pm
Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 pm
underdog wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 pm
Reacher wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 pm
I don't think an artist would be willing to pay much more than $50 MAX a month for an ad space. On FurAffinity it's around $30-$40 I believe, and additionally, many sites and artists would probably rather advertise on a site that they see already succeeding rather than in the works.
That's just my two cents BUT if there is a way to make it work I think that would be great. <3


I want artists to get the word out and I don't make much on advertising atm. I would look at this as a CPM thing, that is how much does an ad cost per 1K impressions? I was imagining 1 delta per 1000 impressions which is roughly the same as $1 CPM. But if I make less than that, I will. Let's see what happens. Wow, I had no idea furaffinity was owned by IMVU. Nor did I see how sexxed up it is. Maybe it's time for me to let my hair down (yes, dammit I am speaking figuratively) They are a giant site. What does $30 to $40 mean, how many monthly views does furaffinity manage? I am guessing they have a LOT of page views, if they have so many subscribers and anonymous visitors. So for $30 you can get a MONTH of unlimited advertising?? That is a good deal. Is it possible that the ad is a part of a rotation with other people that want to advertise too or does it show every time on every page?

I know that the advertisement will show up multiple times as it rotates through with other advertisements. You pay for a set amount of time, and it will rotate for that amount of time. You can pay by 1 month, 3 months or 6 months I believe. I'm not sure how many views they get, but it is definitely a fair bit since FurAffinity is so frequently used.


Okay thanks. I will have to find out furaffinity rates. It looks like their main ad is about "YCH"... Should I just google that? :-D

As far as how much chatlands will charge for ads, or what a pledge will get, I'm not sure. I can only say that I am going to accept what the market will bear.


You can find out a little more about the FurAffinity advertisements here: https://www.furaffinity.net/advertising
There's also an e-mail in there you can contact if you want to know more.

YCH is probably an artist advertisement haha, it stands for "your character here" (premade drawings that are completed as your character after you pay for it)
1 x
User avatar
Gia
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Posts: 2075
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 am
Gender: Female
Preferred Name: Gia
Location: USA
Contact:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi Everyone!

Here is a survey for the pledge level names. This is a start to gather intel. There is an option for suggestions. I will let everyone know the results tomorrow evening and we can go from there. Thanks for voting!!
https://lvs242265.typeform.com/to/qAP8SH
2 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5310
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Gia wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Hi Everyone!

Here is a survey for the pledge level names. This is a start to gather intel. There is an option for suggestions. I will let everyone know the results tomorrow evening and we can go from there. Thanks for voting!!
https://lvs242265.typeform.com/to/qAP8SH
Thank you Gia! I appreciate all of the help. You've brought organization to my plans for this Kickstarter.

Thanks also to so many others. I hope you know who you are and if I start a list I am bound to leave out too many people.

Please just trust me that I do appreciate the volunteer spirit that is the heartbeat of our community.
5 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
Andes
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:31 pm
Gender: Trans Male
Pronouns: He / Him
Preferred Name: Andrew
Species: Canadian Timber Wolf
Location: Alabama

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:37 pm

Do you think a Discord server might help organize this a little better? Maybe for folks who are interested in helping in any way?

Thoughts? I don't mind setting one up!
2 x
Image
User avatar
Λngel
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Posts: 10346
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:38 am

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 am

Personally, i would prefer discussion be contained here on the forum so that i can continuously follow without scrolling through real-time dialogue.
3 x

Image
louloudia | chars | trello | beessential | art discord
it's the hurt i hide that fuels the fire inside.

User avatar
egirl
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 23020
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 pm
Preferred Name: Emmy

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 am

i'd say no to a discord server because its too easy to veer off track and converse about other topics then lose important information due to that
0 x
User avatar
Lorde
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:08 pm
Gender: Bitch
Pronouns: She/Her
Species: Feline

Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:57 am

I cannot express how truly excited I am for this! I am more than willing to lend any hand that I can, including art wise. My art topic can be found here!

Gonna keep an eye out on this thread. <3
1 x

Image
7 . 6 . 2016
commissionstoyhou.se

User avatar
Laika-
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:19 pm
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Laika / Savannah
Species: Fossa / Lioness
Contact:

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:32 pm

egirl wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 am
i'd say no to a discord server because its too easy to veer off track and converse about other topics then lose important information due to that
To an extent I understand what you mean, but there already is an existing CL events committee discord server for this that people here and there have been invited to join. It’s been posted a few times but I don’t think an official thread for it has yet been made. There are specific channels allocated for different types of discussions all for the sake of organization, along with a pinned google doc for anyone to utilize if they have an idea they want to formally log down.

It was created by me a couple of months ago as a place for those who were pitching in to help create he Howloween event to converse w/one another (I did it to help UD out since we were primarily sticking to emails/FB messenger prior to that and it was hard to keep people directly informed), but has since expanded.

Having an IM platform dedicated to this has been helpful for those who want to send and receive quick/real-time responses & be in direct touch with underdog if they have any questions for him. He’s fairly active there and it’s been nice!

The invite link can be posted here if people end up feeling interested
1 x
Image
User avatar
foxolotl
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 24455
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:56 am
Gender: ♀️
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: fox-axolotl
Location: Australia

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:07 pm

I’m adding an invite code to my original post
3 x
Image
Image
User avatar
peach
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:51 pm

I've got some sticker designs and stuff in the works right now. Does anyone happen to have a clear pic of the Guardian's medallion/pendant?
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic