Rule Revision for Wolfhome - UPDATED

This section is for updates or announcements made in regards to Wolfhome! Any announcements or updates to Wolfhome and the community will be posted here by an administrator.

Which of the following rules would you like to see removed?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:56 am

Spamming
6%
Space Invading
31%
Roleplaying in 'non-roleplaying rooms'
23%
Roleplay death threats
25%
Multi-accounting
14%

Total votes: 111
Akala
Alpha
Alpha
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi everyone!

As per the poll result, the following rules have been removed:
-Space invading
-Roleplay in non roleplay rooms
-Roleplay death threats

Just to clarify with role-play death threats, if the threat is too graphic in nature (too gory), it falls under exceeding PG-13, which is rule no. 1.

Spamming and multi-accounting (multi-accounting in near to full rooms) is still against our rules and will be handled accordingly.
3 x
Trello | Toyhou.se | Commissions
I'm on a semi-hiatus from 18th - 29th of November
Galagya
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:37 am

Question! Is the invading personal space thing just never a problem anymore, or can it be if someone is clearly trying to harass you with it? That has definitely happened to me many times before, & I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually did again. Goldenwolf left after people annoyed her half to death using the pee pose on her, even though they were trying to be playful more often than not from the time or two I remember it (y'know, coz her colors n name, all that). In turn, the pose was banned.

I realize it is silly, and people may not agree. I'm a pretty tolerant person and I don't think people should get in trouble for an accidental click, period. But I do wonder, does nobody else feel like it's an invasion of personal space? I realize they are just pixels. But the pixels are meant to be a reflection of ourselves, so it's like having digital autonomy as our little avatars, or something. I dunno, I guess my point is, imho this might potentially leave a loophole for harassment. I understand that you can go to other rooms, especially a temp private room, if need be. But I dunno... still. I've literally seen an exact situation before where someone I was friends with back when I was still in packs on here (I was a wee pupper, apparently) was clicking all up on people's poses and wouldn't leave them alone or say anything until they left. Most people do find that annoying, in my experience. They did this as a way to harass people, because they would talk about the people after they left, or go "chased another one away" or "hehehe" etc. - something to that effect. It was people like this that the rule was made for initially. Will the potential problem of using this as a means of harassment be addressed, or should we simply default to other rooms, ultimately going to or own private room should they follow us? I mean, I know ideally you should. But if someone is being disrespectful intentionally... would this be something you could howl an admin over, now?

Sorry about any confusion. Watch me be completely confused and wrong about my interpretation of this from the get-go. Oop. Better safe than sorry, though. I prefer not having any surprises when it comes to rules n all that. I hope you guys don't mind.

...oh yeah, that "mark" pose was allowed to be uploaded again a while back, iirc - just without any little yellow stream, hahah. Off-topic, but would that be allowed, still? Like if I can find it, could I size it up and upload it? I would never use it in a bad way, after all. Of anything, just to gag among friends. But yeah. Just curious.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
1 x
ollieollieoxenfree!
Bodach
Alpha
Alpha
Preferred Name: Beth

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 am

@Galagya great questions!
We have an ignore feature now, and we encourage users to use that first (!ignore username). This makes the user not appear on your screen, scroll, or mysts list. You can't contact them and vice versa. (They can be removed from your ignore list later if you choose. I know some people just use it temporarily)
Then if the ignored user logs onto or creates another account to bypass that ignore, they can be reported for harassment.
A marking pose is allowed with restrictions: no bodily fluids coming out, and it can't be abused. A great example of "abuse" of the pose would be like what you said users did to Goldie or otherwise using the pose to harass users or recreate sexual positions etc.
Abuse of the pose would result in the pose being revoked from one's account.
0 x
Galagya
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:53 am

Bodach wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 am
Galagya great questions!
We have an ignore feature now, and we encourage users to use that first (!ignore username). This makes the user not appear on your screen, scroll, or mysts list. You can't contact them and vice versa. (They can be removed from your ignore list later if you choose. I know some people just use it temporarily)
Then if the ignored user logs onto or creates another account to bypass that ignore, they can be reported for harassment.
A marking pose is allowed with restrictions: no bodily fluids coming out, and it can't be abused. A great example of "abuse" of the pose would be like what you said users did to Goldie or otherwise using the pose to harass users or recreate sexual positions etc.
Abuse of the pose would result in the pose being revoked from one's account.
I appreciate your prompt & thorough response!

Whole I was around since the ignite feature was implemented, honestly, I have always preferred not blocking people myself, so I will simply go to another room if need be from now on. That's my own preference, so it is what it is at that point. I'll take responsibility for my own ways, and work with the newly revoked rules instead of against them as best as I can manage. I'm okay with it. I still hope people don't abuse this, but I will remain optimistic.

Thanks again, and have an awesome day!
Tc.
0 x
ollieollieoxenfree!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic