Rule Revision for Wolfhome - UPDATED

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic

Which of the following rules would you like to see removed?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:56 am

Spamming
6%
Space Invading
31%
Roleplaying in 'non-roleplaying rooms'
23%
Roleplay death threats
25%
Multi-accounting
14%

Total votes: 111
Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

Awesome! I was, however, under the impression that space invading was already removed from the harassment section. I'd love to see the stigma of role play death threats removed. LET THEM ROLE PLAY IN PEACE
☆ A final farewell ☆
Mongrel
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

if the space invading rule were to be removed and a member utilized space invading to harass another user, what would be the course of action at that point? would it fall under disturbing the peace or anything? or no action taken against a user doing this?
dont sell my art or designs here, take it offsite. do not contact me. i am not affiliated with this site.
using this forum to farm twitter blocks
Mongrel

Kikki wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 pm
Crunch wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:44 pm
if the space invading rule were to be removed and a member utilized space invading to harass another user, what would be the course of action at that point? would it fall under disturbing the peace or anything? or no action taken against a user doing this?
Ignore feature should be your first line of defence. If they go around the ignore feature, then it’s harassment.

If the administration get multiple reports on someone deliberately trying to cause a disturbance, then it’s disturbing the peace
thank you for the clarification! that helps and is agreeable.

for multiple accounts in the same room, if that were removed, what about multiple accounts in a room where an event is being hosted or something?
dont sell my art or designs here, take it offsite. do not contact me. i am not affiliated with this site.
using this forum to farm twitter blocks
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

Kikki wrote:
Crunch wrote:
Ignore feature should be your first line of defence. If they go around the ignore feature, then it’s harassment.

If the administration get multiple reports on someone deliberately trying to cause a disturbance, then it’s disturbing the peace
I'm confused on this point of it being disturbing the peace and bannable when its being omitted from the rules. Like it can't be both ways? That isn't removing something from a list of offences, it's simply consolidating. If it still remains a bannable action if done to excess, nothing is changing so this vote seems completely invalid?

Sorry if I'm missing the point entirely but that's just how it seems.

Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

Kikki wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:34 pm
Colo wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:28 pm
Kikki wrote:
Crunch wrote:

I'm confused on this point of it being disturbing the peace and bannable when its being omitted from the rules. Like it can't be both ways? That isn't removing something from a list of offences, it's simply consolidating. If it still remains a bannable action if done to excess, nothing is changing so this vote seems completely invalid?

Sorry if I'm missing the point entirely but that's just how it seems.
It will fall under this:
3.) Disturbing the Peace (back to top)

In most cases disturbing the peace refers to behaving in ways that are upsetting or unsettling to people within the community, causing emotional grief, or trauma. This includes, but is not limited to:
Creating unnecessary drama to intentionally disturb another user. This includes misrepresenting administrative action and falsifying administrative statements.
But if it isn't in the rules specifically then it essentially clouds the policies of the site, especially for new users. It's like, say someone is vaping somewhere outdoors, perfectly legally and someone finds it annoying so they call the cops, and the cops arrest the person vaping for disturbing the peace? But there's no law or anything which says "don't vape when someone tells you not to".

IDK it just feels like removing this specific rule but it can still be considered disturbing the peace isn't removing the rule, it's just making it harder for new users and those banned to understand the actual rules of the site.

Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

No problem, I hope I didn't seem too argumentitive <_> I just had a moment of confusion.

Phleb
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Posted my vote! So glad to see the community being involved in what happens on chat!
Apostle
Still haven't seen the sun
Still haven't seen the sun
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: kelly
Species: sabertooth

i personally feel like the roleplay death threats is the only one to be reconsidered, because it's roleplay and everyone jokes about death anyway and it would save a lot of time and effort to not deal with those reports in my opinion

everything else can provoke negative confrontation (purposely hovering someone to make them mad, spamming to annoy/slow down the chat, filling up the chat with roleplay dialog and playful aggressive drama). i believe those have been great rules over the years (even though i've been on and off the chat)

and if i understand correctly, multi accounts are people using more than one account in a public room? if so that should always be against the rules

not really around here anymore
reach me on Discord @ Avokello or on Eunoia

Galagya
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Question! Is the invading personal space thing just never a problem anymore, or can it be if someone is clearly trying to harass you with it? That has definitely happened to me many times before, & I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually did again. Goldenwolf left after people annoyed her half to death using the pee pose on her, even though they were trying to be playful more often than not from the time or two I remember it (y'know, coz her colors n name, all that). In turn, the pose was banned.

I realize it is silly, and people may not agree. I'm a pretty tolerant person and I don't think people should get in trouble for an accidental click, period. But I do wonder, does nobody else feel like it's an invasion of personal space? I realize they are just pixels. But the pixels are meant to be a reflection of ourselves, so it's like having digital autonomy as our little avatars, or something. I dunno, I guess my point is, imho this might potentially leave a loophole for harassment. I understand that you can go to other rooms, especially a temp private room, if need be. But I dunno... still. I've literally seen an exact situation before where someone I was friends with back when I was still in packs on here (I was a wee pupper, apparently) was clicking all up on people's poses and wouldn't leave them alone or say anything until they left. Most people do find that annoying, in my experience. They did this as a way to harass people, because they would talk about the people after they left, or go "chased another one away" or "hehehe" etc. - something to that effect. It was people like this that the rule was made for initially. Will the potential problem of using this as a means of harassment be addressed, or should we simply default to other rooms, ultimately going to or own private room should they follow us? I mean, I know ideally you should. But if someone is being disrespectful intentionally... would this be something you could howl an admin over, now?

Sorry about any confusion. Watch me be completely confused and wrong about my interpretation of this from the get-go. Oop. Better safe than sorry, though. I prefer not having any surprises when it comes to rules n all that. I hope you guys don't mind.

...oh yeah, that "mark" pose was allowed to be uploaded again a while back, iirc - just without any little yellow stream, hahah. Off-topic, but would that be allowed, still? Like if I can find it, could I size it up and upload it? I would never use it in a bad way, after all. Of anything, just to gag among friends. But yeah. Just curious.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
ollieollieoxenfree!
Bodach
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: Bo

Pride

@Galagya great questions!
We have an ignore feature now, and we encourage users to use that first (!ignore username). This makes the user not appear on your screen, scroll, or mysts list. You can't contact them and vice versa. (They can be removed from your ignore list later if you choose. I know some people just use it temporarily)
Then if the ignored user logs onto or creates another account to bypass that ignore, they can be reported for harassment.
A marking pose is allowed with restrictions: no bodily fluids coming out, and it can't be abused. A great example of "abuse" of the pose would be like what you said users did to Goldie or otherwise using the pose to harass users or recreate sexual positions etc.
Abuse of the pose would result in the pose being revoked from one's account.
BE DED
GO A LITTLE FART
DIG A LITTLE DEE
REACH A LITTLE
CATCH THE CAT
AND PASS IT ON

Deuces Image
Galagya
Pronouns: don't care
Species: demon

Bodach wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 am
Galagya great questions!
We have an ignore feature now, and we encourage users to use that first (!ignore username). This makes the user not appear on your screen, scroll, or mysts list. You can't contact them and vice versa. (They can be removed from your ignore list later if you choose. I know some people just use it temporarily)
Then if the ignored user logs onto or creates another account to bypass that ignore, they can be reported for harassment.
A marking pose is allowed with restrictions: no bodily fluids coming out, and it can't be abused. A great example of "abuse" of the pose would be like what you said users did to Goldie or otherwise using the pose to harass users or recreate sexual positions etc.
Abuse of the pose would result in the pose being revoked from one's account.
I appreciate your prompt & thorough response!

Whole I was around since the ignite feature was implemented, honestly, I have always preferred not blocking people myself, so I will simply go to another room if need be from now on. That's my own preference, so it is what it is at that point. I'll take responsibility for my own ways, and work with the newly revoked rules instead of against them as best as I can manage. I'm okay with it. I still hope people don't abuse this, but I will remain optimistic.

Thanks again, and have an awesome day!
Tc.
ollieollieoxenfree!
Locked Previous topicNext topic