You can visit this link: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=203926. It is a step-by-step tutorial on how to report Subordinate users.
2. What do I do if a Wolfhome Administrator is breaking a rule on the site I'm on?
You would report them the same as a Subordinate user on the site. Please see the link provided above in the first question.
3. What steps do I need to take if an Administrator Assistant, Gamma, or Beta is breaking a rule?
We ask that you fill out a problem ticket on Wolfhome, along with an explanation of what happened, logs, and any evidence that you may have. Below is the link to the Wolfhome problem ticket system, which are tended to and reviewed by an Alpha regularly.
- Wolfhome - http://www.wolfhome.com/ticket/newticket.php
4. What if an Alpha is breaking a rule?
If you find that an Alpha is breaking a rule, please report them to another Alpha on Wolfhome (via PM) with an explanation of what happened, logs, or any other evidence you may have.
5. What do I do if a Subordinate user or Administrator of Wolfhome is behaving in a way that is threatening to the safety of others off site? What activities should I report?
We cannot stress enough that we take our user's safety very seriously, this includes offline safety threats. Although with situations like these, it varies and depends on who is threatening the safety of others off site. Cyber bullying, solicitation, and threatening behavior are the major offenses we will look into. Please refer below for instructions on what to do in this situation, we urge you to provide us with as much information as we can so we may handle it to the best of our ability.
- Reporting Subordinate users & Administrators (Admin Assistant, Gamma, Beta):
Please fill out a problem ticket on Wolfhome. Provide an explanation of what happened, logs, and any other evidence you may have. You may also speak to an Alpha personally and present them the information that you have.
Reporting an Alpha:
Do not fill out a regular problem ticket. Instead, please speak to another Alpha personally or leave them a message that includes an explanation of what happened, logs, and any other evidence you may have.
6. It's An Emergency! Who Can I Contact!?
The Administrators are here for you and want to help you. Please do not hesitate to contact an Alpha if you need to. Below are the list of Wolfhome Alphas that you may contact if you need to personally make an Administrator report. Please refer to our activity status thread to see which alphas are available, and which are on hiatus here.
- Wolfhome Alphas:
Click this link to view the current Alpha's of Wolfhome = memberlist.php?mode=group&g=8
Important Please Note: That while Underdog is the founder and developer of Chatlands, he does not take an active role in the administration of the site or in staff management. Reports involving users (both administrative and otherwise) should always go through the appropriate channels in order to be resolved as quickly as possible.
You may receive a message or reply requesting more information on the situation if more information is needed. After you submit a report, it will be looked into completely as Administrator reports are taken extremely seriously. Much like user's bans, we won't give out information regarding action taken or related information, but we can guarantee that any report placed on an Administrator will thoroughly be investigated and handled according to our rules and based on the infraction committed.
8. Keep In Mind
- As stated above, we take reports on Administrators extremely seriously. With that being said, misrepresenting administrative action and falsifying administrative statements is a serious offense and will be taken extremely seriously. Immediate action will be taken against your account if you are found falsifying Administrator reports. To prevent any action that may be taken against your account, we ask that you refrain from discussing reports, spreading information about the actions of users you've reported (including Administrators), and creating more drama over a situation in public. This can be considered naming and shaming or disturbing the peace.
- Problem tickets cannot be deleted. Once you send in a problem ticket, it will be reviewed and discussed. Your problem ticket number is given to you in an e-mail you will receive titled "Trouble Ticket" from do-not-reply-to-this-address @ chatlands.com (no spaces). Please make sure to also check your spam folder, as it can be caught by the filter on occasion.
The Wolfhome Administration
- Wolfhome Alphas: