Chatlands 2020 kickstarter!

This section is for updates or announcements made in regards to Wolfhome! Any announcements or updates to Wolfhome and the community will be posted here by an administrator.
User avatar
foxolotl
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 24210
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:56 am
Gender: ♀️
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: fox-axolotl
Location: Australia

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:18 am

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to announce that @underdog is working on a chatlands 2.0 kickstarter, which he is hoping will launch in 2020.
You can find the link to this here: http://chatlands.com/kickstarter

Feel free to email him any suggestions (I think he'll post his email here when he sees it!), questions etc, or post here and he'll respond.

This is very exciting news and we all cannot wait to see Chatlands get a major face-lift!
Discord server: https://discord.gg/yQYGm76
12 x
User avatar
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Canada

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:18 am

I'm so excited for this. Bring on Chatlands 2020!
0 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5300
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:40 am

I am currently looking for help with the Kickstarter main image. I put one together but I am not sure it's right for that. If anyone has any comments or suggestions or wants to propose a different image please feel free to respond here. Thanks!
3 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
peach
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 am

I love the idea of the bodyshop upgrade! And being able to resize and flip within the bodyshop! Would the sizing blur the image?
Maybe the sizing could be limited with some sort of built in sizing guide? Maybe a drop menu to select a species, it can show your pose and it has the sizing chart of that general species behind it on another layer?

I also love the idea of other worlds having the built in forum!
I want one xD
2 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5300
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:30 pm

I am very much looking forward to getting this Kickstarter launched. It may not happen as quickly as I planned because I want to make a good impression with the vast majority of people that have no idea what Chatlands or Wolfhome even is.

I am looking for artists for some of the pledge rewards. If you have time, ability and inclination to help please contact me at this email address: wkuinkc@gmail.com and let's talk!

I am looking for artists for poses, stickers, badges, rooms, maybe fursona profiles, or any other possible rewards you would like to suggest.

We have to move fast on this. The site traffic is already very low when we used to have hundreds on with many full rooms. I'm a little worried that no one will come on at all soon and It's already pretty close to that edge!

The code has needed a rewrite for about ten years (okay maybe longer!) and I am REALLY looking forward to the chance of getting an integrated artists market, revamped body shop and all of the other things I've said on http://chatlands.com/kickstarter

Some of these are a little bit of "blue sky" proposals, and I won't hit all of them right away obviously, but I am very serious about giving this a "go" and breathing new life into this broken down old savings and loan (oops sorry, I guess was channeling George Bailey there for a second - :Fox-Raspberry: ) - I meant this 20 year old website.

Thank you all for your help! <3

===underdog===
7 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
Jailbird
Gamma
Gamma
Posts: 26994
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 pm
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz
Location: Ketterdam

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:06 pm

this looks exciting and i'd be willing to contribute on a larger scale but i have concerns i'd like to ask about

if you are rejected by the overseers for chatlands ownership, is your pledge refunded?
and, most importantly, are terms going to be reevaluated for owners, since this will potentially bring in more revenue for chatlands and they would, in a sense, be partners working towards that ideology by spending their own money and time on team building and art assets for a chatlands?

i also think there's some things that could be restructured that don't need a kickstarter but could still generate more traffic, if you're welcome to me emailing you about that
3 x

Image
All my demons, greeting me here as a friend
admin feedback survey - tos/tou - characters

User avatar
Totem
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Posts: 6234
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:31 am
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote
Contact:

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:12 pm

Jailbird wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:06 pm
this looks exciting and i'd be willing to contribute on a larger scale but i have concerns i'd like to ask about

if you are rejected by the overseers for chatlands ownership, is your pledge refunded?
and, most importantly, are terms going to be reevaluated for owners, since this will potentially bring in more revenue for chatlands and they would, in a sense, be partners working towards that ideology by spending their own money and time on team building and art assets for a chatlands?
I'm curious with this as well- as I know many owners prior and current put a lot of money into their sites... any where from a few hundred to thousands in order to even get some interest. Hiring artists for custom rooms and sets as premade ones are over used and many users do not like to see it. I think its important of course if a chat is bringing in a ton of users they need to be compensated so they can firstly continue to improve.. I understand you are going to have a system where they can take deltas from the bank.. But this only adds up so much I suppose. Even though its early in progress I think individual contracts per say on sites that do well would be a good idea.

Monthly prize for the chat site who brings in the most userbase would be a good idea as well to encourage site owners to continue to pull people in
3 x
Image
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5300
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:31 pm

Jailbird wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:06 pm
this looks exciting and i'd be willing to contribute on a larger scale but i have concerns i'd like to ask about

if you are rejected by the overseers for chatlands ownership, is your pledge refunded?
and, most importantly, are terms going to be reevaluated for owners, since this will potentially bring in more revenue for chatlands and they would, in a sense, be partners working towards that ideology by spending their own money and time on team building and art assets for a chatlands?

i also think there's some things that could be restructured that don't need a kickstarter but could still generate more traffic, if you're welcome to me emailing you about that
It seems quite reasonable to expect a refund if you don't get the site. I should point out that a refund would also remove all of the other rewards, i.e. approximately 250 deltas and all other digital swag (badges, etc). I'm not going to demand they mail back the stickers, etc. :)

I agree that I can add stuff to the existing code base. But I think it's reached its end of life. Chatlands is patched code from 1999 and the approach to programming itself is entirely different now. Plus, I have to pay the bills just like everyone else. I don't want CL to continue to be treated like a hobby.

I know that everyone has to pay the bills. So I will try to make it worth the site owner's time & money. But for the foreseeable future I expect chat sites will get delta revenue. Maybe as a stretch goal I will set up a delta exchange along with the artists market.

===underdog===
5 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
Rhea
Event Committee
Event Committee
Posts: 5754
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:52 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: New Jersey

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:49 pm

Super excited for this!
2 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5300
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:42 am

The Kickstarter site says I need to submit the project plan by Dec 31st and even then it won't be possible to launch before Jan 7th. I need to organize ARTISTS that will do poses, rooms, badges, buttons, 3" stickers and maybe bumper stickers too. I probably can't pay anything at all* if we only hit the funding goal of $5000 but I'm hoping that will work for most people and if we do hit a higher goal I could put something in the agreement to pay a fair price in compensation. I am working to figure out how to finance this.

P.S. we should probably change the thread title to say Chatlands 2020 now.

*By that I mean in dollars, I can definitely compensate in deltas, plus there's the recognition on CL 2020 where you'd have a badge, a mention on the hall of heroes, and a title of "Chatlands Legend" in your profile.
3 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee
Posts: 12087
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:52 am

underdog wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:42 am
The Kickstarter site says I need to submit the project plan by Dec 31st and even then it won't be possible to launch before Jan 7th. I need to organize ARTISTS that will do poses, rooms, badges, buttons, 3" stickers and maybe bumper stickers too. I probably can't pay anything at all if we only hit the funding goal of $5000 but I'm hoping that will work for most people and if we do hit a higher goal I could put something in the agreement to pay a fair price in compensation. I am working to figure out how to finance this.

P.S. we should probably change the thread title to say Chatlands 2020 now.
I already contacted Akala about it and she's going to change it when she gets on her laptop (: I think it was just a mistake since there was confusion in the name to begin with. You already have me for pose sets, but I am willing to do whatever else as well. Same as the pose set, I can do it free of charge. I'm not looking for any compensation. Wolfhome/chatlands is my home and I love home renovations
1 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5300
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:54 am

Reacher wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:52 am
underdog wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:42 am
The Kickstarter site says I need to submit the project plan by Dec 31st and even then it won't be possible to launch before Jan 7th. I need to organize ARTISTS that will do poses, rooms, badges, buttons, 3" stickers and maybe bumper stickers too. I probably can't pay anything at all if we only hit the funding goal of $5000 but I'm hoping that will work for most people and if we do hit a higher goal I could put something in the agreement to pay a fair price in compensation. I am working to figure out how to finance this.

P.S. we should probably change the thread title to say Chatlands 2020 now.
I already contacted Akala about it and she's going to change it when she gets on her laptop (: I think it was just a mistake since there was confusion in the name to begin with. You already have me for pose sets, but I am willing to do whatever else as well. Same as the pose set, I can do it free of charge. I'm not looking for any compensation. Wolfhome/chatlands is my home and I love home renovations


I'm pretty sure it was because I said to name it that way lol. I think the project title only changed officially earlier today. I just updated it on my own pages a little while ago. :-)
1 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
Loup
Beta - Relations Team Leader
Beta - Relations Team Leader
Posts: 6456
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:35 am
Gender: Female
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Loup/Ash
Location: Canada
Contact:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:15 am

Following this , really excited !
2 x
User avatar
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner
Posts: 5300
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Contact:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:56 am

I'd like to see a couple of contests. One would be to pick the pledge level reward names for the kickstarter. The other is to envision a logo or brand. I guess I should run that by the EC.
2 x
Image

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
User avatar
foxolotl
Alpha
Alpha
Posts: 24210
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:56 am
Gender: ♀️
Pronouns: She/her
Preferred Name: Cassie
Species: fox-axolotl
Location: Australia

Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:06 am

underdog wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:56 am
I'd like to see a couple of contests. One would be to pick the pledge level reward names for the kickstarter. The other is to envision a logo or brand. I guess I should run that by the EC.
I've linked EC to your post, so they can plan what to do with that with you.
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic