Advertising

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
Totem
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:55 pm

Not to mention NSFW artists get paid A LOT more than SFW artists. If I was good at art and I could make more money drawing NSFW? hell yeah I would
1 x
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm Exhibit A. *goes back to drawing weird dongs*

It's progressive of WH to consider this, as it was progressive for WH into create a mature forum. At the worst you'll have more administrative work to do, but also a bigger pool to look for administrative candidates.

FA does allow NSFW ads but I don't think that's an applicable argument here. They're a different ad type, so WH wouldn't end up being advertised alongside them. Honestly, chatlands needs this morale and community boost, and maybe it would motivate UD if we had an influx of users. The sales community would be bolstered too.

I'm mobile or else I'd write a whole persuasive essay for you guys.

I'd have him fix the email sign up restrictions and issues first though lol
6 x
🐈
Reacher
Event Committee
Event Committee

Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm

I agree that it seems unfair to not post ads on FA due to the NSFW content.
It is true that there is a good amount of users there that post it, but even I've made a couple NSFW pieces.
Even on here we have an 18+ gallery.

If users come on here and act inappropriate, then we ban them.
But it likely will increase our user base by a lot as well.

We shouldn't say we don't want certain people because of what they do off-site. As long as they keep it appropriate here, that's all that I think should matter. (:
1 x
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:51 am

I just remembered because I was on Hangouts for whatever reason. I had talked about FA advertising for Chatlands (in general) with UD a month or so ago and he was on board with it, if that was a concern.

sorry for bumpin' again
2 x
🐈
Viverrinae
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: viv
Species: genet

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:43 am

Not that I would do it, but is there any rule against advertising WH on your own? If the admins decide against FA ads (which I'll be frank, feels like a poor decision), can people go rep their favorite chat site on their own whim?

Also, I agree wholeheartedly with advertising wolfhome anywhere and way possible. I've taken a few marketing classes. Most everyone uses characters on FA and WH is a great new way to use characters and get creative with it. So it's not just WH we have to think about here, FA users are being deprived of the knowledge that such a website exists lol
1 x
Fik
Relations Team
Relations Team
Preferred Name: KT
Species: Stress Elemental

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:48 pm

There's some signature banners still floating around the WHF for people to use... I'm sure that's not a big deal honestly. It's just like someone having another chat's signature banner on Wolfhome.
1 x
Bodach
Alpha
Alpha
Preferred Name: Beth

Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:07 pm

viverrinae wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:43 am
Not that I would do it, but is there any rule against advertising WH on your own? If the admins decide against FA ads (which I'll be frank, feels like a poor decision), can people go rep their favorite chat site on their own whim?
You are welcome to personally advertise Wolfhome.com anywhere that allows it (forum sigs, site profiles, blogs, social media, etc). Please be respectful of the rules of the sites you advertise on, as some places do not allow outside links or ads.

Fik is right, there are a few old banner ads floating around that users have made. Maybe we could make some new ones out of the awesome forum banners users have made as well.
0 x
Reyes
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Species: Wraith

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:35 pm

I agree with advertising Wolfhome on FA. I've seen a handful of projects being advertised on the site that aren't 18+ along with many SFW artists. I feel it would be a step in the right direction as many furries tend to flock to sites like this and it's different than Telegram/Discord servers by adding a visual aspect. I feel it may pay off in the end as many will be wanting to use their art on the site, thus putting deltas into the delta bank.
While there is an onslaught of NSFW art on the site, as many have stated before, there is an option to view SFW art only as well via filters. Any user under 18 cannot view said art and if they are caught lying about their age, a ban will be placed on their account until they are of age. I do feel like it's a poor choice to avoid advertising on one of the largest furry platforms out there as there are many artists and users who prefer to stay SFW. As an adult as well, you should be able to follow simple rules regarding NSFW content on other websites you visit.I think at that point it's common sense.
4 x
TOS//My Art//To-Do
12/09/15
(I'm safe, I'm whole, I've got it under control)
(And I will protect you even if you won't protect me too)

Known as Reyes/Seiun on the chats.
Fik
Relations Team
Relations Team

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:42 pm

Honestly, I'd love to see some fixes made before advertising starts.
2 x
vanadey
Omniscient
Omniscient

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 pm

What sort of fixes? Because anything with UD isn't.. gonna be any time soon, lets be real here, so it's silly to wait on something that will probably never happen, or won't happen for another 1-3 years at the least. If you meant administration wise(like problems they can handle), what kinda fixes do you mean?
0 x
ImageImage

And there's still monsters in my closet and they want to come and play.
There's still sounds in the dark, I wish they'd go away.
Fik
Relations Team
Relations Team

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:50 pm

fable wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 pm
What sort of fixes? Because anything with UD isn't.. gonna be any time soon, lets be real here, so it's silly to wait on something that will probably never happen, or won't happen for another 1-3 years at the least. If you meant administration wise(like problems they can handle), what kinda fixes do you mean?
Bug fixes primarily. I know it will take some time, and it's already been touched on quite a bit, but honestly, there are bugs that need to be fixed, mechanics that need revamping, upgrades that need to be made. Imo, I think those should be the focus. Though, bringing in more people may be an incentive... who knows though.

As far as administrative fixes, there's only so much the admins can do, but I know that they're doing what they can to make WH a good place to be. They can't do any of the aesthetic fixes or fix very many of the bugs. I just think WH needs a facelift and unfortunately, only UD can do that.
2 x
vanadey
Omniscient
Omniscient

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:01 pm

I didn't mean the administration wasn't doing their best - I simply was asking what fixes you might mean if you didn't mean bug fixes (which is UD) because you may know something I don't.
I agree that Wolfhome needs a facelift, and I agree that Wolfhome needs bug fixes, I think a facelift will promote the site more, at least a chance for it to get more traffic if advertised on FA, more initiative for UD to actually work on the site because it's not just cutting even, and possibly actually making a profit for itself, so that maybe he'll see it as worth it. However, stating that, I'm not sure waiting 2+ years for all bug fixes is a good route, simply because Wolfhome may not last that long if the already scarce userbase keeps dwindling. I think it's smarter to get the facelift done at least (which is the most simple thing, rather than the bugs, I'd assume), advertisement, so to bring in a bit more traffic at least, and then see if UD is willing to work on the fixes so that there can be more traffic to the site.

EDIT: I know there's a few bugs, but it may be easier to have them all listed for everyone (unless one breaks confidentiality, which is shouldn't since bugs aren't user-based or admin-based, and everything else should be an open book outside user-involved stuff)(and I also mean the administration list them, not random users), so that we know what needs to be fixed, before we can take on more traffic, and what can wait until after we advertise.
2 x
ImageImage

Fik
Relations Team
Relations Team

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:11 pm

fable wrote:
I didn't mean the administration wasn't doing their best - I simply was asking what fixes you might mean if you didn't mean bug fixes (which is UD) because you may know something I don't.
I honestly didn't mean to come off that you didn't. I'm sorry if my statement felt that way.

I agree with you though. I only meant that I think the fixes should be priority. In a way, admins can do the advertising, and possibly, if WH and Chatlands generates more revenue, it might incentivise UD to fix more. I guess it's more of a shout-out to UD.. I'm probably not making any sense anymore.

Edit: I'm not sure if anyone follows Lioden news, but they're coming out with Wolfden as a sister-site and it may be tough competition.
1 x
vanadey
Omniscient
Omniscient

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:22 pm

You're fine - I just didn't want it to seem that way LOL

I am wondering what you mean by letting the administration advertise? Unless you mean the FA ads like suggested, but I'm not sure if you meant otherwise. I'm also unsure how active the instagram is and what we're doing there? Relations handles that though, and advertisement is specifically what they're for, so I think they should play their part in whatever they can. Also, an idea for FA besides ads: do what you did with instragram, but post it there, updated it frequently with uploads, and you'll gain a following there like any other user, and constantly link back to the chat site, since if people miss the ads, they're definitely browsing submissions!
You're making sense! No fear. I agree bugs really should be worked on, but I don't think UD is going to be really willing to get it into gear any time soon (and let's be real, he sees this place as a business, if he's not making profit, it's not worth it, and I'm not slamming him for that, that's just.. business and how it be) to fix them, unless he has a reason too.
0 x
ImageImage

Totem
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Haley
Species: Coyote

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:25 pm

Fik wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:11 pm
fable wrote:
I honestly didn't mean to come off that you didn't. I'm sorry if my statement felt that way.

I agree with you though. I only meant that I think the fixes should be priority. In a way, admins can do the advertising, and possibly, if WH and Chatlands generates more revenue, it might incentivise UD to fix more. I guess it's more of a shout-out to UD.. I'm probably not making any sense anymore.

Edit: I'm not sure if anyone follows Lioden news, but they're coming out with Wolfden as a sister-site and it may be tough competition.
That for sure will be a tough competition... do you know if it will be like lioden or more like a 2D graphical chat site similar to Wolfhome? The interactive aspect is a different than Wolfhome but for sure it can be more appeasing to people.. especially younger generations
0 x
06/28/17
Previously Epilepsy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic