New forum bug tracking

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
User avatar
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27859
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Preferred Name: Heather
Species: Human
Location: Louisville

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:12 am

Just letting you guys know that I haven't forgotten about any of these things! I have something that I am working on that should solve some of the problems, but it requires me to be home so I won't be able to until late December.

Other than that, I haven't found any solutions for the PM problem. ):
0 x
🐈

User avatar
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 pm
Gender: Female/Genderqueer
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
2 x

User avatar
Bedagi
Alpha - Head of Event Committee
Alpha - Head of Event Committee
Posts: 23275
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:32 pm
Species: Meat Popsicle

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm

Blackfeathr wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm
H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
Do you happen to have multiple tabs open for the WHF by chance at that time?
0 x

User avatar
Aurocard
Gamma - Forum Moderator
Gamma - Forum Moderator
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:52 pm
Gender: Female
Pronouns: she/her, derp/dork
Preferred Name: Auro/Aurocard
Species: Squolf
Location: Behind the couch, with Jesus

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Bedagi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm
Blackfeathr wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm
H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
Do you happen to have multiple tabs open for the WHF by chance at that time?
Mhmnnn From what I understand, if multiple tabs with the forum are open, and a draft saves, that draft will appear in PMs. Why? I have no idea ;_;.

Best bet is to leave that one window where you're typing the PM in open, and to close any other tabs you may not need. At least until we can figure out why it's doing that.
0 x

User avatar
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:29 pm
Gender: Female/Genderqueer
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Contact:

Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Aurocard wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 pm
Bedagi wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm
Blackfeathr wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm
H'okay so I've been having an annoying problem with PMs: when I want to reply to someone's PM or even compose a new one, there's already stuff in the title and message field; namely, it's the content of the last PM I sent out. I don't know why it's saving that history. I have no drafts, and I have cleared forum cookies, but the problem still persists.
Do you happen to have multiple tabs open for the WHF by chance at that time?
Mhmnnn From what I understand, if multiple tabs with the forum are open, and a draft saves, that draft will appear in PMs. Why? I have no idea ;_;.

Best bet is to leave that one window where you're typing the PM in open, and to close any other tabs you may not need. At least until we can figure out why it's doing that.
Sometimes I do, yeah. But with the latest occurrence I only had one tab open.

I'll keep that in mind though, thanks :)
0 x

User avatar
Fik
Alpha - Head of Art Review Team
Alpha - Head of Art Review Team
Posts: 17967
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:30 pm
Gender: whatever
Location: Otego

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 pm

I believe it's the auto draft save feature. This happens pretty often if you leave a pm open for a long period of time.

It actually happens to me with posting on threads more often than not.
0 x

Art | Premades
Image
I have given up on my stand up comedy routines.
Everybody just keeps laughing at me


User avatar
Grim
Omniscient
Omniscient
Posts: 27929
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:46 pm
Gender: Female
Location: North Carolina, USA

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 am

Edit: This resolved itself, nvm!
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests