Current forum icon size limit?

This section is for posting questions regarding Wolfhome, workings or details, or simply needing to contact one of the administration. Bans or warnings given, whether temporary or permanent, will NOT be discussed, and topics containing such material will be immediately deleted.
ONI
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 am

Rhea wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:44 am
Larkenox wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:53 am
I remember trying to recreate this a while ago but wasn't able to do it
You guys are resizing on the forums itself I'm assuming, opposed to resizing in a paint program and then uploading it? It'd be interesting to know what the original file is & how exactly you're uploading it
I did resize the image in my paint program before uploading. It was set to 200x200. The forum would not let me upload anything higher then those dimensions. It appears completely normal on my computer screen, so I am unsure why it is so much bigger to others. I agree with a possible forum glitch?
I believe it's also possible that it's caused by having the max 200 x 200 dimensions, because the forum may end up having to "squish" the avatar for it to accommodate having the avatar larger then others posting in the same topic and wanting the avatar to be on the side of the text box and not overlapping into it. If that makes sense at all :u
1 x
“The Earth speaks to all of us, and if we listen, we can understand.”
Characters| Art
Rhea
Event Committee
Event Committee
Pronouns: She/Her

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:07 am

ONI wrote:
Rhea wrote:
Larkenox wrote:
You guys are resizing on the forums itself I'm assuming, opposed to resizing in a paint program and then uploading it? It'd be interesting to know what the original file is & how exactly you're uploading it
I did resize the image in my paint program before uploading. It was set to 200x200. The forum would not let me upload anything higher then those dimensions. It appears completely normal on my computer screen, so I am unsure why it is so much bigger to others. I agree with a possible forum glitch?
I believe it's also possible that it's caused by having the max 200 x 200 dimensions, because the forum may end up having to "squish" the avatar for it to accommodate having the avatar larger then others posting in the same topic and wanting the avatar to be on the side of the text box and not overlapping into it. If that makes sense at all :u
I get what you’re saying however, I’ve also had all of my other forums icons uploaded at 200x200. This is resizing and uploading from my paint program, not the forums. It never seemed any smaller or bigger then what my icon looks like right now. They all look the same. :/ That’s why I’m agreeing with a possible forum glitch.
0 x
ONI

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:11 am

Rhea wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:07 am
ONI wrote:
Rhea wrote:
Larkenox wrote:
I get what you’re saying however, I’ve also had all of my other forums icons uploaded at 200x200. This is resizing and uploading from my paint program, not the forums. It never seemed any smaller or bigger then what my icon looks like right now. They all look the same. :/ That’s why I’m agreeing with a possible forum glitch.
That's so interesting!! I'm going to agree with you and my original statement and say it's the forums getting confused and glitching.
2 x
“The Earth speaks to all of us, and if we listen, we can understand.”
Characters| Art
Jailbird
Gamma
Gamma
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: kaz

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:03 am

Bethesda noodle glitch for forum avatars, go
1 x

All my demons, greeting me here as a friend
admin feedback survey - tos/tou - characters

Larkenox
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Preferred Name: Ross

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:40 am

I think that's really close, the forum having to squish the avatar to fit the maximum dimensions, and then having it be larger on forum posts
Since every avatar I've seen do this IS squished on their profile. Mellivora and I were just able to recreate this with her avatar, and its the same deal
Squished to 200x200 on her profile but larger when viewing her posts
0 x
Toyhou.seLinksCommsArt Topic
You can't see me behind the screen
I'm half human and half machine

Fik
Relations Team
Relations Team
Preferred Name: KT
Species: Stress Elemental

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am

The forums can be manually set and these forums are set to be 200x200. You can upload larger sizes and use the dimensions box offered on your profile to have the forum manually size your avatar so you don’t need to yourself.

As for some appearing larger, maybe part of the mobile version of the site accommodating for size differential considering the forum is dynamically optimized for mobile.
2 x
Dragoncat
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 am

I know you asked for the max BUT on mobil, everyone's icons shrink ;p which is why I chose to have smol icon
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic