Pet Appreciation Event! (Category winners, pg. 3)

Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:43 am

WOOF.. MEOW. squeak?
Roughly translated, we'd like to introduce you to the
Pet Appreciation Event!

This event hosts a celebration over the course of 3 weeks designed with your pets in mind!
Have you been searching for a place to proclaim your adoration for your furry friend? Have a special story to share about the day you met, or maybe an extra silly photo that you want the world to see?
If so, here's the perfect event for you!

Below you will find three categories that you can enter in this event. The categories are Photography, Writing, and Art.
You may enter more than one category, but please only enter one submission per category.
Once you enter your submission, it is final, so please choose wisely!
Make sure to post your entries directly on this thread to be eligible.
One winner will be chosen for each category.
Winners will be chosen based on individuality and personality shown in the piece.
We're really looking to get to know your pets and their unique personalities, so we want to see that shine through in your entry - whether it's a photo of them in their favourite activity,
a very special story, or an affectionate piece of artwork.

Photography Post your favourite photo of your beloved pet - relaxing, with their favourite toy, doing something they love, etc. !
Art Draw a picture of your pet! You may draw your character with your pet or your pet on their own, but the pet must be part of the drawing in some way. Digital & Traditional Media are both acceptable! All varieties of art are welcome here.
Writing Have a favourite memory to share with us about your pet, or a heartfelt adoption story? Tell us all about it!

So.. What about the prizes?
Here are some lines for all participants of this event to use!
[quote]
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage[/quote]
The three category winners will also receive a coloured sketch of their pet drawn by Casanova.

This event closes on March 22nd.

ENTRIES:

Photography
Ramsey
Bunyip
PoodleSpit
Aeolia
Messi
Ruwa
Roach
Echelon
criminals
Reacher
Rayna
DanicaFrost
Bully
Epilepsy
Sammie
Vera
Amita

Writing
Ramsey
Messi
Ruwa
Rayna
Khole
Amita

Art
Bunyip
Kojote
PoodleSpit

Thank you for looking - have fun!
0 x
Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Dark Angel.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:50 am

I'm curious.. Does quality of photos really matter? I have one picture in mind for my cat but the quality isn't super top notch because it was taken with my phone, does that matter with judging or not? The photo is still clear, what's happening in the photo is clear, it's just not super HD.
0 x
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:52 am

Echelon wrote:I'm curious.. Does quality of photos really matter? I have one picture in mind for my cat but the quality isn't super top notch because it was taken with my phone, does that matter with judging or not? The photo is still clear, what's happening in the photo is clear, it's just not super HD.
As long as the content of the photograph is clear, it won't affect judging whether it comes from a camera phone or a high-tech camera. If it's your favourite photo of your pet, that's what we'd love to see.
0 x
nire
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: rae

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:02 am

definitely entering!
0 x
i'm not here much anymore!
my characters still belong to me, please do not do anything with them.
if i wish to get rid of them, i'll make a topic about it!
Degausser
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Preferred Name: Maddie

Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:45 am

Marking this c:
0 x
Check out my products!
www.Redbubble.com/people/MaddieH99
Senka
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:46 am

These entries are separate ^0^
Spoiler! :
his name is bunker, he is a 4 lb, 6 yr old Chihuahua mix we think. No one is really sure of his breed. He was adopted by my boyfriends grandparents when he was 4 years old. I was told he was adopted from a not so good environment and had dirty fur and rotting teeth. The grandparents did a good job fixing him up and giving him a fresh new start! But, he was still lacking something and that was attention. When I had first met bunker, I immediately gave him my attention and let him gget to know me. After greeting all the animals (2 dogs 3 cats total) I sat down and bunker was just hogging up all my attention lol I couldn't pet the other dog without bunker getting jealous. He does this thing if you stop petting him he will paw your hand but his paws are so tiny its sooo cute. But I never thought my bfs grandparents would give him up. It was August, only a couple months after I met bunker, my bf told me they were giving bunker away and I was like. No. Why. What. Wait. Maybe I can adopt him????? So I pretty much talked my bfs ear off about all the reasons why I should adopt bunker and why my parents should say yes xD so that night, I was talking to my parents about it and I was shaking because I really wanted bunker, he deserved so much more. To my surprise my parents actually thought about it. Literally the next day, my parents said yes. All I remember is drowning in happiness and jumping around lol.
Again, the bf was over and since he loves me soo much he drove us to pick up bunker which was an hour away. Also, the reason we had to pick him up so early was because I had only a few days to do that before he is put up on craigs list D: plus bae worked a lot so we really had no choice lol
We arrived, picked him up and when brought him home it was really stormy out, we almost hit a skunk but thank god we didn't. And once we got to my house, bunker was nervous but curious, he spent all night sniffing around my house and adjusting to things. Soooo after weeks of him adjusting he final settled in. He went from being a nervous dog who felt unwanted to a dog that is shown love everyday and he is more out going <3 oh and before I forget, ny bfs grandparents pretty much replaced bunker (who is a very good dog and well behaved) for an annoying pug who is much larger lol. Soo, Bunker is now in a loving home where he will never be replaced, left behind or unloved. <3 :D bunker makes me so happy, I don't have many friends and with high school crushing my soul, I really enjoy coming to stinky dog breath kisses lol
And here is a pic of him smiling
Yes. He is spoiled. He has a heated bed meant for cats XD
Spoiler! :
0 x
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:42 am

Thank you so much for your entries!
0 x
Bunyip
Pronouns: Any

Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:50 am

If artwork that wasn't drawn specifically for this contest is accepted, i have this funky artwork for the art category :>
Spoiler! :
As a puppy, this used to happen basically daily, much to my annoyance. He was cute AND loved people way too much, so people would often stop when they saw him wag his tail and start sharing their stories about how they had/have dogs too.

Photography:
Spoiler! :
Me and my dad traveled to Poland to bring this dork home. On the way back (exactly 2 days, by car), this is what he did for the entire duration of the trip xD. He's a good dog.
0 x

Characters Commissions
Known as Pya. Pya on chat.
In the end.. It's all a matter of Perspective
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:38 am

they are so cute!!!
0 x
PoodleSpit
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: vampire poodle
Species: 10thfloor ghost girl

Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 am

This is actually my favorite picture out of everything I've ever taken
Photography: (Teddy)
Spoiler! :
She never leaves my side no matter what and she's been with me longer than any other pet/dog
I love Teddy sooo much
0 x
PoodleSpit/Bugaboo on chats. comms open, pm me for more info
You don't hit my line no more

Mains
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

this is one of my faves, she's so sassy. we used to dress her up all the time, i dont know how she put up with us. this is my pup pup (a real long time ago HEH)
Spoiler! :
0 x
Lotus
Beta - Forum Administrator
Beta - Forum Administrator
Species: Ghost

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:47 am

I can blab about Molly for hours omfg
Entering!

Edited my entry for the story.
I'll edit again when I pick a photo n_n

Photo;
Spoiler! :

Story;
Spoiler! :
So, once upon a time around my 2nd week of senior year of high school, I was really depressed and stressed.
My school put me in the wrong grade level and refused to change it until nearly a month into the start of school. I was in sophomore classes, when I should've been in senior classes and I was going through a rough patch with my s/o and friends at the time. The school's ability to screw up that badly is impressive. Anyway, my parents, namely my mother had been wanting a Yorkshire Terrier ever since she was a little girl. So, they asked our landlords for the millionth time, and didn't tell me until....a week later? I had a particularly hard day at school and when they told me that I was beyond excited. I told them we should get a male dog and they agreed. I went into all sorts of pet shops, looking at the little babies but, none of them really...clicked?
Eventually we went to downtown Brooklyn I believe, and went into this little shop called "Puppy Boutique" My stepdad and I were watching all the little yorkie terriers yipping and playing in the cages. One in particular had my stepdad's attention. A little male yorkie who was wild, literally dunking his head into the wet doggy food and rolling around the newspaper so it was all stuck to his head. My mother asked to see all the yorkies and we were handed all these female pups because my mother had changed her mind last minute. I held a calm one, my stepdad held a excited one, and my mother held the smallest one of them all. A terrified little thing, she was shaking in my mom's hands and stunk really bad. My mother looked at the little puppy and smiled at her, and the little baby's tongue poked out as she shook, staring at my mother and we all fell in love. The others were put back in their cages and this little dog was set down.
So my stepdad and I knelt on the floor and just watched her roam around the store. She gradually calmed down and warmed up to us and my parents asked me for a name idea. My suggestion was Molly, since it was my nickname as a child and it suited her. From that day on, she's been my literal best friend.
When I was really sick, she was right by my side in the bathroom when I threw up, when I cried, she jumped into my arms and licked away my tears, when I needed a distraction, she was right there ready to chew my hand or smack me in the face with a toy till we played. I have way too many memories in the nearly two years I've had her to consider one a favorite. But, meeting her was a blessing I desperately needed.
0 x
𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃𝓈
𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒾 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓌.
Meraki
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:21 pm

vermin wrote:definitely entering!
0 x
U.N.I.T.Y
That's a Unity

Previously Fortune

FA
Zuko
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: They/Them
Preferred Name: Lynn
Species: Red Fox

Pride

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 pm

!! this is exciting. o;

This is my favourite photo I took of my baby girl, Hel. She is a year old now!!
This is her at Cole Park here in my city. c: She is super photogenic and even has her own Facebook page, LOL.

Photo.

Let me tell you about when and how we got her.

Spoiler! :
My mother and I were visiting an ex-friend down in Flour Bluff, which is a part of my city, Corpus Christi. We had just gotten back from HEB, which is a store down here in Texas, and were driving through her neighbourhood when we spotted this little three month old puppy following us. We parked at her house and got out and when we did, the puppy was walking closer and closer until we called her over. She got pretty excited and ran up to us, crouching down and piddling everywhere on the concrete and rolling on her back. My ex-friend told us how her neighbour had been neglecting this dog by leaving her tied up in the backyard for days upon days. She was even forced to stay outside in severe flooding we had last year. She was kicked out on the streets because the owners didn't want her any more, and we could really see the neglect, because she was underweight. We could see her ribs and her face was somewhat sunken in. We took her to my ex-friend's backyard where she got food and water, which she practically inhaled. It was obvious she was mistreated, as she also had fleas. My ex-friend took a photo of me holding her in my lap with my mother's cell phone and sent it to my boyfriend, saying that we had a new puppy and he couldn't do anything about it.

This puppy was a pit bull! I love pit bulls and this was a great opportunity to own and raise one.

She started playing with my ex-friend's two boxers and having a grand time until we had to go home. My ex-friend took my mother and I back to the apartment we were staying in and the dog was fairly calm on the ride. She was pretty scared, though. When we got her home, I let her explore the house a bit, obviously supervised. The ex-friend left and we were there to make sure she was comfortable. She was happy and enjoying her new home with two cats and another dog. The other dog didn't want to play with her whatsoever, but she was okay. My boyfriend eventually got off of work and when he came inside, he fell in love with her. After going through a few names, we ended up naming her Hel, which is Loki's daughter in Norse Mythology.

The next day, she had an accident inside and I noticed worms inside of her poop. I was, of course, fairly upset and had cleaned it up and ran to my mother's work down the street. I was in tears, thinking we had to put her down. When I got there, my ex-friend calmed me down and said it was roundworm. She said we didn't have to put her down and gave my mother some money so we could go to HEB and get her some medication. My mum was allowed to leave work to take me to HEB and we ended up buying the medication. When I got back home, I gave the medication to Hel, but for some reason, I knew it wasn't roundworm. I Googled the type of worm and found out it was actually tapeworm. No one believed me except my boyfriend, so we took her to the vet and got her checked out. We got some flea medication and they checked her out and confirmed it was indeed tapeworm. They gave us some medication for that, she got her first round of shots, and was good to go.

She eventually got better and got some meat on her bones and got to a healthy weight.

She is now a year old, we take her to the dog park in Portland, and she loves to socialize. She loves people and all animals, cats included. She is terrified of a lot of things, though, but we are working through that.

She is potty trained, knows sit, stay, how to wait for her food, how to sit and wait before she goes outside and back inside, lay down, she comes when she is called, and is currently learning how to walk next to us off leash. She has also become my Emotional Support Animal (I got a letter from a therapist for it) for my PTSD. All in all, she's the best dog we have ever had and we love her to death.
0 x

#BlackLivesMatter
Justice for Breonna Taylor
Ruwa

Pride

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:12 pm

For the picture portion, her sleeping next to me because she loves meeeee.
Spoiler! :

AND story time on how I got her, how she helped me through the most troubling time of my life, and here with me now.
Spoiler! :
This cute little grey and white cat, fluffy as can be was at my bus stop at the steps I was sitting at. I hated Bologna so much that I fed it to her and hey, whatya know she loved it so much. Everyday she was in the same spot waiting for me and my sandwhich that she loved. I started to realize that her stomach was expanding a lot, more and more everyday. I asked a friend of mine if she looked pregnant and she said she would take her to the vet to check her out. When I came home from school that day it turns out she was,in fact, pregnant. She was actually almost due to give birth so she decided to take her in. a week later she gave birth to these adorable, cute, tiny kittens. I was given first choice on kittens and I chose this pure white kitten with grey ears and a grey tip.

I went and saw these kittens every single day for a month straight. The day finally came where I got to take him home and I was so excited to take him but when I went to go pick him up, this cute, tinyest of the kittens decided to lay in my lap and fall asleep, she would not move at all. I fell in love with grey kitten, she was the complete oppsite to the cat that I chose. Her main coat was fully grey, her paws and underbelly was white. Everytime I went to get up to grab the other kitten I chose but she would not let me move without her. I ended up taking her home instead, she showed me so much attention and chose me, when an animal chooses you, you must take them home.

I was happily walking home with my new kitten and then I realized, I didn't ask my parents if I can get a new cat. I acted fast and got my friends from a couple blocks away to brain storm what we could do to let my parents keep this kitten that hasnt stopped purring since I picked her up. So what we ended up doing was something so crazy, so amazing, my 12 year old self was amazed by how amazing this plot to keep this kitten was. My friend ended up making this tiny mud puddle for me, so I grabbed some mud and wiped it alllllll over her, head to toe in mud. Then I told them I will catch them later and to let me go and put my lying skills to the test. I put her right behind the little trashcan on our balcony and screamed for my mom to come and look at this tiny, baby, cute kitten was dirty and lost!! My mom rolled her eyes at me and told me to go give it a bath while my mom talked to my dad. I was in the kitchen hearing my parents argue in the other room about the kitten. After the kitten was clean and dried, my parents came out of the room, my mother was smiling and my dad looked upset. They said I could keep the kitten! I was so happy and wanted to name her Socks or Mittens because of her feet but since we had a cat named Simba, my mom thought it would be so cute that her name would be Nala and even though she was my cat, my mom ended up naming her Nala.

For the first few months at my house, she had to live in my bathroom because she was so small, she would get stuck under chairs and under the washer, it was very dangerous for her. So I slept in the bathroom with her, cuddling together in her blankets she had in the bathroom. I think that is what kinda like cemented our relationship? I felt this very close bond with her from the beginning and I have never felt this way about another cat, she is so sweet and so clingy, she is amazing.

She gets excited when I come home from work or from my bf's house. She comes when she is called and she follows me around the house, sleeping anywhere I am at. I went through some rough times when I was about 15 or 16 and she was there for me through it all, rubbing her face all over mine when I was crying getting my tears all over her face. She was there for me when no one else was, I felt so alone sometimes and she helped me through it all, every single minute of it. When she heard me crying she would JOLT to where I was at and make sure I was okay. She still does it to this day, she is so concerned still and helps me through anything. She is one in a million, not even that, she is one of a kind.
0 x

ACAB
BLM

Nala
December 7th, 2007-June 22nd, 2018
Locked Previous topicNext topic