Weekly's! Riddle me this!

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 am

Due to unforseen circumstances, the weekly contests will be put on hold until another host is found.
Spoiler! :
Weekly Contests!
Rhea will be running this event

CURRENT CONTEST

Riddle me this!

This is one of the many rotating weekly contests, that anyone can join. A contest will be presented every Wednesday for you participate in! Winners will be announced before the next contest begins. Each contest ends on a Tuesday at 7 AM EST, the winner will be announced and the new contest will be opened on the following Wednesday.

WHAT are rotating contests?!

Well! They are contests that switch up every two weeks, instead of only having caption contests, say, there would be a riddle contest for the following 2 week period. This does not mean that the next event will be Riddles.

Caption Contest Rules:
-Please remember to keep entries PG-13 and anything we deem above PG-13 we will have to delete off the forums.
-You may enter as many times as you like, but you can only win once every contest.
-You may also write directly on the picture, or write separately from it.
-The person that posts the answer to the riddle will receive the delta prize. Don't post for each other.
-Keep in mind, images may change, you may just have situations, or fill in the blank speech bubbles!

*To Write on the picture, any paint program will work. To reblog the image, you can either click 'Quote' or use [img]link%20here[/img]

I will allow people to submit their own suggestions for this competition via PM if they wish, though this does not guarantee it will be used, nor will you earn deltas for it being used.

Caption Contest Prizes
- 2 deltas
- feature in Lunar Phases

Riddle and Image Distortion Rules:
- You may only enter once per riddle
- Please PM Eventful your answers
- The first person to get it right will receive a prize
- Whoever gets it right afterwards will receive a smaller prize.
- You may not win twice in a row
- Please remember to keep entries PG-13 and anything we deem above PG-13 we will have to delete off the forums.

Riddle and Image Distortion Prizes:
The 1st person to get it right will receive 2 deltas at the end of the contest period.
The next persons to answer correctly will receive 0.50 deltas at the end of the contest period.

Scavenger Hunt Rules
-Please remember to keep entries up to PG-13 and anything we deem above PG-13 we will have to delete off the forums.
-You may enter as many times as you like, but you can only win once every contest.
-You may also write directly on the picture, or write separately from it for captions.
-The person that does the post for the caption will receive the delta prize. Don't post for each other.
-Keep in mind, images may change, you may just have situations, or fill in the blank speech bubbles!

Below is how you take a screenshot.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

[quote]Windows wrote:
In Microsoft Windows a screenshot of the entire monitor, complete with taskbar, can be copied to the system clipboard by pressing the Print screen key. Alternatively, pressing Alt + Print screen will copy just the active window to the clipboard. One can then paste the clipboard into a program such as MS Paint or Paint.NET to save it as an image file (for posting online, for instance), or paste it directly into a document.[/quote]

[quote]Mac OS X wrote:
...using key combinations in the finder :

* shift - command - 3 will capture the full screen, and place files on the desktop. If you work in a multi-screen configuration, one file will be created for each screen.
* shift - command - 4 will allow you to capture part of the screen : after pressing those three keys, your cursor will become a small cross, and you will be able to select the region of the screen to capture. If you press the space bar, the cursor will become a camera, that will capture a window, a menu, the menu bar, an icon ... The item to capture will be highlighted as you pass your mouse over it.

If you press the control key (ctrl) while taking the screenshot, the resulting image will go to the clipboard instead of a file. You can then paste it in whatever program you want.

In Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger", the files created using this method are png files by default.[/quote]

Scavenger Hunt Prizes
- 2 deltas for the first person to find the requested item

This weeks riddle is...

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

Good luck everyone! =)
0 x
Reacher
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 am

Eventful wrote:
Aeolia will be running these events

This is one of the many rotating bi-weekly contests, that anyone can join. A contest will be presented every second Tuesday for you participate in! Winners will be announced before the next contest begins. Each contest ends on a Monday at 7 AM EST, the winner will be announced and the new contest will be opened on the following Tuesday.

WHATare rotating contests?!
Well! They are contests that switch up every two weeks, instead of only having caption contests, say, there would be a riddle contest for the following 2 week period. This does not mean that the next event will be Riddles.

Caption Contest Rules:
-Please remember to keep entries PG-13 and anything we deem above PG-13 we will have to delete off the forums.
-You may also write directly on the picture, or write separately from it.
-The person that does the post for the caption will receive the delta prize. Don't post for each other.

*To Write on the picture, any paint program will work. To reblog the image, you can either click 'Quote' or use Image

Prizes:

One winner will be chosen for this contest and will win 2 Deltas for the best caption.

The photo to be captioned is. . .
Just WHAT are they doing?!

Users in screenshot: Aeolia, Bagheera, Takatia

Takatia's science experiment blew Aeolia's mind...literally.
0 x

Always work hard, never give up.| Wolfhome Community Outreach
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 am

Haha, great! Just a tip for future references, you don't have to quote everything! You can simply right click the image and click "copy link address" (something along those lines) and get the link for the photo!
0 x
Odisious
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Species: Jackal

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:42 am

A 4th of July party turned into, Lets play dodge ball?
0 x
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:17 am

bumps!
0 x
Artemis
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Preferred Name: Maecy
Species: Vape God

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:51 am

Eventful wrote: The photo to be captioned is. . .
Aeolia stole bagheera's food and bagheera asked Takatia to hunt down Aeolia. Perfect.
0 x
IV • XI • MMXIX
Characters
Kyo
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Grandmaster - One of but a few.
Species: ASIAN

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:14 am

Bagheera: HAhahA you better run, faster than my Takatia Rocket!
0 x
ToS | FurAffinity | Art
Kyo + dialga on chat
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:59 pm

These are all grrrreat so far!!
0 x
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Preferred Name: Maddy
Species: Fox

Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:20 pm

I'm loving all of these so far n___________n
0 x
ImageImage
I’m a martyr’s son. A northern star, a perfect stone.
Ripping out the stains in my clothes. A cavern’s end, the lamps are out.
I feel you in the dark and I am found.

Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:59 am

bump n__n
0 x
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:05 am

Aeolia wrote:bump n__n
0 x
PoodleSpit
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: vampire poodle
Species: 10thfloor ghost girl

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:50 am

Bagheera: Hahaha, let's see if you're really faster than a speeding rocket Super Aeolia
0 x
PoodleSpit/Bugaboo on chats. comms open, pm me for more info
You don't hit my line no more

Mains
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:51 am

12 more hours until the contest rotates! n__n
0 x
Eventful
Event Planner
Event Planner

Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:06 am

Congratulations Kyo!
please confirm where your 2 delta prize should be sent to!

NEW contest up!
0 x
Aeolia
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:48 am

bump
0 x
Locked Previous topicNext topic