Copyrighted characters - reminder.

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

It seems to have slipped through the net a bit but the ART will be cracking down on characters that breech copyright laws as it is becoming a wide spread issue. Any poses or chars on WH that are found to be against copyright laws will be removed or asked to be removed. If you find something that is a direct or pretty darn close copy of a copyrighted character please privately message an ART member.

Our ART FAQ does clearly state the following: http://www.wolfhome.com/faq/art_faq.php?pop=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You cannot upload copyrighted characters (like Digimon® adoptables) but you can dress up your wolf in a Digimon® costume. You cannot use found clipart or images from Google.
By this we mean direct copies and those so close it might aswell be a direct copy are not allowed. At all. We will be adopting similar rules to those we use for character theft. You may have an inspired character. For example Takatia's pokemon inspired characters. There is a difference and that is what I am trying to outline.

Thankyou for reading!

VenomKohaku
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

how about a character with pikachu cheeks and ears, but the rest wolf. would that be ok? not my character, a friend on facebook. He has this wolf and was planning on joining here with it.
its a wolf body but has the cheeks and ears of pikachu
Unholy Confessions

That would be fine, as Colossith said, since it is a inspired character.

[quote]
By this we mean direct copies and those so close it might aswell be a direct copy are not allowed. At all. We will be adopting similar rules to those we use for character theft. You may have an inspired character. For example Takatia's pokemon inspired characters. There is a difference and that is what I am trying to outline.
[/quote]
[/i]
VenomKohaku
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Unholy Confessions wrote:
That would be fine, as Colossith said, since it is a inspired character.

[quote]
[/i][/center][/quote]

ok. thanks again ^^ ill let him know he can still use it
Locked Previous topicNext topic