Coding change for R and X rated rooms (Update top of page 6)

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Timberwolf
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

I talked with Underdog this morning and I am posting an annoucement that the private rooms are being coded were a user <18 will not be able to access rooms.

12/07/2010, the coding will be changed for the private rooms that are rated for “R” and “X” so that persons under 18 years of age will not be able to access these rooms. Age will be based on the birth date a user submitted when they register to the Chatland website’s, this will include Wolf Home, Wizard Chat, Catspaw Island, Mystic Realms, Serenity, MidnightEarth and the other ChatLand sites.

Timberwolf :bighappywolf:
Timberwolf :bighappywolf:

The ear hears the call of the night and the spirt with in answers ...aaAAHHOOooooooo!!! Image
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Jansi
Species: Human

This confuses me, though, since nobody actually entered their exact birth date. Just the options born before ___ or after ___.

I'unno the point of it besides for the people that actually admitted to being born after the required date. o_o
🐈
TFerrooni
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Well it's nice in some ways. I mean, for the people who were honest about their ages, they're not being exposed to that kind of content in private rooms anymore where the admins really don't hold the power. It's also nice for people who don't like the annoying little kids coming in and being like "LOL YOU SAID BOOB"
THE TFerrooni
Kitrax

yay..
Life is like a box of chocolates....You never know what you're gonna get.
Distance/Kitrax
References, Distance pose(c)Me, Kitrax pose (c)Sandhya
Jerk reference.
Macabre
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: her/she

It's a good idea, but it has flaws.
I'm 13, and I like to go to private rooms so I can actually speak without being scared of letting my tounge loose. If I get angry or stressed whatever, I don't want to be in my own private room, and somebody comes in to something that isnt PG-13 and I get told off.
More people are probably going to fake their age now.
Sorry, it's just my opinion. :c

It's been done, and I doubt one annoying 13 year old is going to change anything. ;n;
the closer i get
the worse it becomes
tumblr |  idiots
formally harlequin
Jaxis
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

I know this has been talk about and agreed on, so idk what the point of commenting would be lmao, but I don't like this idea.
[12:52pm] Jaxis: the room rating was just to keep people knowledged about what level of talk could happen in the room
[12:52pm] Jaxis: not an age restriction.
Putting an age restriction on the rooms themselves makes it difficult for the more mature under 18yos. A lot of admins have underagers as friends and frequent the private rooms which are set at R/X.

Private rooms are generally set friends only and people who know users that come in who aren't friends get kicked out. It hasn't really been a problem and if it is, there's user bans and room locks. I just.. don't really see the point of setting an age/rating requirement if we have other ways to keep people out.
<3 Affliction
TFerrooni

Oh! Question. For the rooms that have ratings across the board, does this still apply? Like, if you have a room G-X rating, can people under 18 still not get in?
THE TFerrooni
Jaxis
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

TekaRex wrote:if you have a room G-X rating, can people under 18 still not get in?
Goood question!
<3 Affliction
AutumnRain
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: Whatever
Preferred Name: Whatever

Eluned wrote:I know this has been talk about and agreed on, so idk what the point of commenting would be lmao, but I don't like this idea.
[12:52pm] Jaxis: the room rating was just to keep people knowledged about what level of talk could happen in the room
Putting an age restriction on the rooms themselves makes it difficult for the more mature under 18yos. A lot of admins have underagers as friends and frequent the private rooms which are set at R/X.

Private rooms are generally set friends only and people who know users that come in who aren't friends get kicked out. It hasn't really been a problem and if it is, there's user bans and room locks. I just.. don't really see the point of setting an age/rating requirement if we have other ways to keep people out.
Might be legal reasons. Like in a movie theater, if a ticket-seller knowingly lets a kid into an R-rated movie (no matter what the reason is for it being Rated R), can't they get into trouble?
Redrum
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: He/They
Preferred Name: Eren
Species: Crow demon

AutumnRain wrote:
Eluned wrote:I know this has been talk about and agreed on, so idk what the point of commenting would be lmao, but I don't like this idea.

Might be legal reasons. Like in a movie theater, if a ticket-seller knowingly lets a kid into an R-rated movie (no matter what the reason is for it being Rated R), can't they get into trouble?
That is what I was thinking.
idk man, im old.
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Jansi
Species: Human

Eluned wrote:
TekaRex wrote:if you have a room G-X rating, can people under 18 still not get in?
Goood question!
I don't see what the point of having g-x rated rooms would be if the general public may enter but be subject to content more mature than stated

I always stick with one rating... because it just is stupid lol
🐈
Kapu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

^

just a cool cat
in a small town

Kat
Omniscient
Omniscient

Harlequin wrote:It's a good idea, but it has flaws.
I'm 13, and I like to go to private rooms so I can actually speak without being scared of letting my tounge loose. If I get angry or stressed whatever, I don't want to be in my own private room, and somebody comes in to something that isnt PG-13 and I get told off.
More people are probably going to fake their age now.
Sorry, it's just my opinion. :c

It's been done, and I doubt one annoying 13 year old is going to change anything. ;n;

This. n.n
1-13-13
characters art
life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone
billy cox

HANNIBALOKI

I understand how this seems like a good idea, but what about the mature under 18 year olds that want to express explicit content. And what about those who have older friends that want to go into their private rooms but aren't able to due to the fact that they're older and are entitled to enter any rated room, where as the younger ones are not. :c
Dobermxn
Adept Protector
Adept Protector
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Buzz
Species: Dobermann

Quarantine wrote:I understand how this seems like a good idea, but what about the mature under 18 year olds that want to express explicit content. And what about those who have older friends that want to go into their private rooms but aren't able to due to the fact that they're older and are entitled to enter any rated room, where as the younger ones are not. :c
^

No offence, but, I don't like this at all. Nearly all my friends are over 18, my best friend is over 18, and now I am restricted to speaking to her. I am a mature 15 year old, I think this is meaningless, if a kid comes into a room and they're not supposed to be in there, kick them, if they come back ban them from the room so they can't do it again? You don't need to stop everyone else who is mature enough to go into R or X rated rooms. Not happy :c
No longer active on chats - please don't message me about art/character selling, just sell them lol.

Was buzzard
Locked Previous topicNext topic