After discussing the poll that recently ended regarding whether or not we were going to keep our character transaction copyrights and permissions rule in place, we have come to a decision. We are going to honor the majority vote and are no longer going to be enforcing it. However, since the votes were so close and some members of the community expressed concern about getting rid of the rule, we are conducting a trial run for an undecided amount of time to see how well the markets fare without it. If everything runs smoothly with this rule being gone, we will not reinstate it.
Because it has been removed from the rules, I have quoted it below for your reference:
- The rule regarding character transaction (C)s and permissions is gone for the time being. You will no longer receive reminders on your topics for copyrights and permissions; therefore, you will also no longer receive warnings regarding these things.
- We will not be accepting reports for topics lacking (C)s/permissions at this time. During this trial run, all reports that we receive regarding these things will not be counted against you as false reporting (unless you continue to do so after a couple of reminders). We will be closing the report and sending you a reminder/explanation that we have changed the rules.
- If you do find a case of someone falsifying permissions, breaking a ToS, or providing improper copyrights, gather proof and evidence that they are doing so and then report it. All reports made regarding permissions, ToS's, and copyrights must have all proof and evidence brought forth at the time of the report. We will not be digging through the forum to look for these things ourselves. If a report does not provide adequate proof, it will be closed until more proof can be provided.
Please keep in mind that copyrights are still required for all profile content. This rule only affects the Markets and other areas under our character and permissions rule.
While copyrights and permissions are not included in character transactions anymore, in order to ensure that the transaction is beneficial to both parties and is credible, we strongly encourage you to take the measures that were once required by the rule. It is also recommended that you take a look over our Transaction Guide as well as this guide which is directly related to (C)s and permissions.
- No (C)s or permissions on character sales topics - this is a trial run.
- Users report permission/ToS/(C) infractions.
- Reports must provide proof of infraction.
We hope that the community finds this trial run appropriate. We are excited to see what results come from it. If you have any questions or concerns, please either PM an admin or reply to this topic.
The Wolfhome Administration