Clarification on Passive Aggressive (PA) Comments

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Riku
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: He/Him
Preferred Name: Dio

Hey guys!
So we've been getting a lot of questions about the passive aggressive (or PA) posts and how we handle those, so I'm hoping this post will help explain this so moving forward there is less confusion.

To start off,
What is considered PA?
Passive aggressive: of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.
So, to but it as simply as possible, PA posts are considered posts that are aggressive in nature while being cagey or vague. If you make a really vague post and we notice that you just got into a heated debate on another topic, we tend to put one and one together to come to the conclusion that your vague aggressive post off of another topic was passive aggressively posted about the first topic. By definition, that is passive aggressive.

Well, why are you monitoring that?
Passive aggressive posts made to attack another user or group of users are toxic to the community.
Whether or not you know this, you have a HUGE impact on the community! Each user contributes to the atmosphere of this website, and in order to help it remain a positive, welcoming environment, it was suggested that we try to be a little stricter with users and what they said. Taking that into consideration, we designed this PA system to help us all be a little more mindful of what we post and why.

Why was I banned for PA comments?!
You are given three reminders to let you know your passive aggressive comments were removed from the forum - after that, you may get in trouble for disturbing the peace.
When you post a passive aggressive remark, we remove it, and send you a PM explaining why we removed it, and to avoid doing it in the future. You get three of these warnings in a six month span, and if you continue, you may have further action taken against you as that is considered disturbing the peace. What action taken against you depends on any prior bans you may or may not have.

So how come MY posts are getting removed but not so-and-sos?
Forum admins / mods work off of reports a lot of the time, so we don't catch everything.
If a user sees you posting passive aggressive comments, they have the option to report that post - reporting that post makes a big red 'flag' so to speak appear and it's pretty hard to miss. So naturally, we are more than likely always going to handle the report (unless, for example, the report was not used correctly or the user was not actually breaking any rules). Furthermore, because we remove the comments, it is hard to gauge who actually gets their comments removed and how often. The best way to help out is if you see something, don't become annoyed that they weren't handled and you were - report it! It's also extremely important when you are reporting to give any proof to your report - we look into PA comments and try to figure out what's going on, so any help would be wonderful!

Where all do I need to watch where I post?
We look at all sections of the forums when we look for, and find PA.
A lot of the time, PA posts aren't made on the topic where the aggression stemmed from - because of this, we are looking at all posts on all parts of the forum when we find and figure out PA comments from regular comments. This includes critter chatter topics, suggestion topics, art topics, commission topics, etc.

If you have any other questions regarding this or how we handle it, feel free to ask!
I hope this helped clear some things up for everyone.

Thank you for your time,
The Wolfhome Administrative Team
Locked Previous topicNext topic