Server Issues

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Dirtiran
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer
Species: Clockwork Chimera

Haha aw man, and right after I JUST re-signed up/set up my subscription again XD
Echelon
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Species: Dark Angel.

It's all back up.. At least for now
coyfox
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: he/they
Preferred Name: V

Pride

It still won't allow me to transfer deltas(continued issue from last night).. Anyone else having this problem?
It's the end, it's true.
Neverland, my love...
Farewell for now.
♡ 10/12/2015 ♡
Eneya
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Preferred Name: Eneya
Species: Werewolf

I still have deltas missing and poses missing that I've uploaded. Lol I'm sure it'll get sorted.
Miu
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Koinu
Species: "Me-uri"/Fox

Pride

Yes, while WH is back up there are still some kinks to work out.
I'm sorry you guys are having issues. ;_;
☆ Previously known as Siren ☆
Characters
Mollymauk
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Pride

Had a little talk with Takatia about these issues, heres what she said and I found them helpful.

[5:35pm] Kidd: Hello, Takatia. Before wolfhome went offline i had 5 odd deltas on this account and a subscription with poses uploaded to be accepted, I came back today and my deltas were gone and my sub not changed, do you know what is up with that?
[5:36pm] Takatia (xWHmoonlitsprings:1): I do
[5:36pm] Kidd: Do you mind enlightening me? i was very confused.
[5:37pm] Takatia (xWHmoonlitsprings:1): Wolfhome is running on a back up from ~ 16th of May. Any transaction between that and now were impacted during Wolfhome and Chatlands down time
[5:37pm] Takatia (xWHmoonlitsprings:1): Underdog is aware of the issue, and is working out a means of refunding people
[5:37pm] Kidd: oh I see, that explains a lot. Thank you
[5:38pm] Takatia (xWHmoonlitsprings:1): Mhmm
[5:38pm] Takatia (xWHmoonlitsprings:1): I'm not sure how he will approach the issue. He may try to get everyone to post on a thread that was impacted, or maybe he can access the records and refund everyone that way.
[5:39pm] Takatia (xWHmoonlitsprings:1): But I would try and find any record you had of having those deltas for when that comes up, which will hopefully be today.
[5:40pm] Kidd: Yes that seems a bit of a bad situation, a lot of people could lie if there was a topic. The best would be past records although the transactions no longer show up on "My deltas" I do have a screenshot of someone pming me saying they sent the deltas though, so that should work? hopefully at least.

So from what I got, UD is going to try refund people but this may be difficult if he can't get the records because a topic would just be filled with people lying from their teeth for deltas in my opinion.

I've heard if you fill in a problem ticket you'll get a refund, not sure but a few people have done this with success.
ImageImageImage
mollymauk/caduceus on chat
Dirtiran
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer

Glad to hear its back!

Its not recognising my login details, and when I try to change password it says my account is not recognised (I created it, and bought $10 worth of delta's the other day with it.)
I do have the email that was sent me, if the time comes where we have to show records of it for a refund or for the delta's to be added back :)
VESSEL
Omniscient
Omniscient

I think Kidd's inquiry covers why your account login details aren't working; because your account doesn't exist most likely if you made it yesterday or any day after the 16th
Echelon
Species: Dark Angel.

The delta compensation issue will probably be the hardest to do because there's numerous factors as to why people have different amounts. People could have sent transfers to other users that have either not worked or been 'returned'. Or maybe you're like me, you don't know how many deltas you had before the server issues and can't compare to what you have now, ie. you don't actually know if your deltas have been taken or changed.

I'd say the best way to compensate people would be to send 1.50 deltas (or somewhere around there) to everyone who has a paid subscription, just to be safe. Well safe. The highest sub is 0.33 cents per day so if we factor in 4~ days of server issues, 1.50 deltas is more than enough to cover the potential loss of deltas from subscriptions only. I see this as much easier than tracking down records and compensating each user individually, assuming the records can even be accessed correctly with correct information.

As for poses.. I'm assuming users would just need to re-upload their poses again and all the "missing" or "ghost" uploads will need to be re-done, probably best to just delete them and start over (only the ones that aren't working). Same goes for new accounts that were made.. Possibly? I feel like accounts should be able to be brought back because that's a totally different sector but I can't be certain. Would really suck if Dirtiran had to start over and personally track down external info just to get all their deltas reimbursed because they unfortunately purchased them from the website right when all of this was happening D:

Anyway, those are just some ideas but I'm sure UD is on top of it somehow. It may just take some time to get things back in order.

Could also compensate the downtime for everyone and give a free week ;)
SpontaneousBeauty
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Preferred Name: Skaii
Species: Wiccan Fox

Echelon wrote:The delta compensation issue will probably be the hardest to do because there's numerous factors as to why people have different amounts. People could have sent transfers to other users that have either not worked or been 'returned'. Or maybe you're like me, you don't know how many deltas you had before the server issues and can't compare to what you have now, ie. you don't actually know if your deltas have been taken or changed.

I'd say the best way to compensate people would be to send 1.50 deltas (or somewhere around there) to everyone who has a paid subscription, just to be safe. Well safe. The highest sub is 0.33 cents per day so if we factor in 4~ days of server issues, 1.50 deltas is more than enough to cover the potential loss of deltas from subscriptions only. I see this as much easier than tracking down records and compensating each user individually, assuming the records can even be accessed correctly with correct information.

As for poses.. I'm assuming users would just need to re-upload their poses again and all the "missing" or "ghost" uploads will need to be re-done, probably best to just delete them and start over (only the ones that aren't working). Same goes for new accounts that were made.. Possibly? I feel like accounts should be able to be brought back because that's a totally different sector but I can't be certain. Would really suck if Dirtiran had to start over and personally track down external info just to get all their deltas reimbursed because they unfortunately purchased them from the website right when all of this was happening D:

Anyway, those are just some ideas but I'm sure UD is on top of it somehow. It may just take some time to get things back in order.

Could also compensate the downtime for everyone and give a free week ;)
Honestly a free week sounds like a good idea for compensation. Give everyone a cool down period and just enjoy the fact that wolfhome is back up, and is trying to get the little bugs out but is actually functioning.
Be happy that the chat is back up.
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.
Just Visiting ♡

Dirtiran
Omega - Newcomer
Omega - Newcomer

Yes, I would say that's why. I ended up re-making the account and buying fresh delta's and so on.

Once it's all smoothed out, and we are able to get refunds or extra delta added to the account I have my paypal receipt handy. I am in no rush :)
neora
Wolfhome Newborn
Wolfhome Newborn

Ok, whilst this isn't UD's fault, the running of the servers is his responsibility so if there is a hit to be taken here then it should be UD who takes it and not the users.

I'm assuming that all changes to the database between 16th and now are gone.
If that is the case, and there are no other records of the activity that took place between then and now, then I think the most sensible solution would be this:

He will have records of people who purchased deltas during the last 4 days, because it's a monetary transaction he will have Paypal and credit card receipts and those transactions should be stored in a separate database anyway.

So refund every one of those for a start.
That is the only way deltas can enter the system, so that covers deltas coming in.

Afaik the only way deltas can exit the system is through subscriptions and buying gifts.
So refund every single user for the max sub, which would be 1.32 deltas.
Because I would think it would be impossible to see what people spent on subs so, this just covers all your bases.

As for gifts purchased in the last 4 days, if the data was lost then the gift should be gone but the deltas used to buy them should be back before they were spent.
So users will simply have to repurchase the gifts.

Everything else isn't monetary loss, just inconvenience, so it's up to the users to re-upload poses, re-transfer deltas ect.
Burlesque
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: She

Is it alright to try and upload poses now?
Burlesque on Chat.
♡Нарріlу Маггієd♡
~02|03|16~

Artwork and some $5 Colored Sketchs
Clovette
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Jansi
Species: Human

Burlesque wrote:Is it alright to try and upload poses now?
Yes, it should be. If it happens again don't delete :P just wait
🐈
Burlesque
Pronouns: She

Clovette wrote:
Burlesque wrote:Is it alright to try and upload poses now?
Yes, it should be. If it happens again don't delete :P just wait
Okay :D Thank you!
Burlesque on Chat.
♡Нарріlу Маггієd♡
~02|03|16~

Artwork and some $5 Colored Sketchs
Locked Previous topicNext topic