Memorial Alcove

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Fai
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She/Her
Preferred Name: Fai
Species: Shapeshifter

Merr wrote:
I really hope maybe down the line, we can get UD to make her grave into a link, about her and what she had to deal with, educate people.
This would be great. To add a room object/link on the gravestone to click and learn about her, the meaning behind the memorial, and educate on the disease as Merr said.

Very wonderful room and generous donation Heyl!
ImageImage
"Keep calm and Carry On"
PHAUX
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: jamie
Species: dragon // unicorn

Pride

Mercy wrote:
Merr wrote:
I really hope maybe down the line, we can get UD to make her grave into a link, about her and what she had to deal with, educate people.
This would be great. To add a room object/link on the gravestone to click and learn about her, the meaning behind the memorial, and educate on the disease as Merr said.

Very wonderful room and generous donation Heyl!
Agreed.
╔══════ ❀•° ╭ ☾ ★ ╮ °•❀ ══════╗
i am no longer like the others;
for no unicorn was ever born who could regret.
but i do now. i regret.

╚══════ ❀•° ╰
☀ ☄ ╯ °•❀ ══════╝
10/15/2023
Pught
Leader of the Nerds
Leader of the Nerds
Preferred Name: grayson

Motley wrote:
Merr wrote:
The room is gorgeously done and the memorial is very sweet. You're a very talented person, please don't ever forget that.
I do get the breathe easy, as she was one of my best friends.
I don't think anyone was trying to attack you Heyl in anyway. People were just concerned for someone they truly loved.
Losing someone so amazing, is hard.
Though like others I wish her name was there. but in hope people would ask questions to who she was and why.
I'm not attacking you or anyone please don't think I am.
Kina was an amazing person. And this room had me in tears because I as many, miss her.
I just fear down the road after some of the veterans move on from WH or whatever, that it just doesn't be come a room that know one understands.
That's just me.
-poofs again.-
Exactly this. I didnt mean to be disrespectful in anyway, not my intention at all to cause a fuss, Kina touched a lot of lives here including mine. Im happy this beautiful room mentions her but like a few, I wish her name was included so people know who that tombstone is actually dedicated to. She deserves it after all she's been through. But yeah, that's my 2 cents and I really didn't mean for people to jump on it so quick, lol. Thank you for the donation Heyl
to people who dont know who kina is, and therefore dont understand the tombstone, having the name 'kina' there doesnt make it any more clear. having her name put there was not what i was told to do. i was told to put her marking, and 'breathe easy' was something i added in myself to make it more recognizable to the people who cared about her. i didnt put her name there because i was not told to and because i personally felt that adding a name to a virtual grave of an actual person who has passed could be considered offensive/insensitive.
Heyl wrote:it was meant to be subtle and vague so that those who knew her would recognize it.
im sorry that the gesture is inadequate to your liking & doesnt satisfy your needs.

i really like the idea of making it into a link
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Preferred Name: Christa

since it was an administration request to have this addition made, please contact the administration directly if you have further ideas.

i think mitchiko's post was great and summed up my thoughts on this.
Mitchiko wrote:The most important thing is that we remember and respect Kina and in doing so we can respect each other too. Especially how much work and effort has gone into this beautiful donation. In that regard, Heyl, this room is beautiful with or without one or both user references. This room is beautiful in style and kind in your donation and hard work for Wolfhome and for a memory of Kina.
Kei
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Never said it wasnt inadequate or not good enough, sorry you think that way. We realize that it wasn't your fault for not putting her name on there, and like I said before this IS A NICE GESTURE and the ROOM IS BEAUTIFUL, HER FRIENDS wish her name was included. That's all.
Hocus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

Pride

how dare someone who put a lot of work into drawing so many trees make their signature noticable. yall ever seen the giant RedFoxx in lookout mountain?

how dare someone put EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE ASKED TO PUT (AND MORE) onto the tombstone

ANYWAY! this room is super beautiful and i cant wait to go in it soon!! good job grayson the trees blew me away
this is me trying
discord: hannessy
Kojote
Omniscient
Omniscient

Poet wrote:how dare someone who put a lot of work into drawing so many trees make their signature noticable. yall ever seen the giant RedFoxx in lookout mountain?

how dare someone put EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE ASKED TO PUT (AND MORE) onto the tombstone

ANYWAY! this room is super beautiful and i cant wait to go in it soon!! good job grayson the trees blew me away
Harley
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor
Preferred Name: Kiki

Guys, seriously stop trying to start arguments. That isn't what this topic is for.
You can't yell at a person for doing as they were asked to do, NOR can you tell someone not to wish there was a name there. So just stop.

Anyways. This is a beautiful room, even if I've not had a chance to enter it on chat yet. It's an amazing donation and I'm glad something was put in to memorialize Kina and how wonderful she was. :] Thank you, Heyl.

All my Links
StarStained
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Species: Tyrant

Coyena here, I just couldn't resist.
I think it is ironic how Wolfhome is HUGE AND RAGEY about copywrites and forcing people to credit themselves even when they don't want to, and then Wolfhome turns around and gets upset at people for signing their own artwork in the same breath.
COOT COOT HOY!

Also Heyl, I knew Kina and I personally think this is the most amazing and heartwarming thing ever. I knew it was for Kina as soon as I saw "breathe easy". Its impacted the people who knew her. Good job.
Coyena, out.
(c) achak
Takatia
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE
Species: Fox

Pride

I think what has needed to be said has been said on this thread.

Heyl was only doing what I had suggested, to include her shoulder symbol/tattoo somewhere in the room with some roses, since these are characteristics that many of us attribute to Kina and because it was a remake of a classic room Kina had probably been in more times than I can count. I figured it would be a nice, subtle way to honor her memory. We had received many suggestions to incorporate her into a new room so that we could all remember her. He was asked to do this prior to finishing the room, it was not originally planned. He graciously complied and was thoughtful enough to go above and beyond by adding the "Breathe easy".

I'm sorry that this token to Kina's time here was not what everyone envisioned. I can understand the frustration in that regard, that we all have different points of view for how Kina should be honored and remembered here on Wolfhome. She had a great deal of significance in many of our lives.

We hope that this is not the only way to have Kina remembered on Wolfhome. Merr made a lovely suggestion, which has actually been brought up earlier as well, and would be a great addition. It, of course, would require Underdog's assistance and the actual information itself will take some time to prepare. I think, in this way, with a subtle memorial to Kina that can redirect those who are curious to learn more about Kina and what she did to help fund the cure to CF. If any of you have any ideas or concerns for what should be included, if this does happen (which I hope it does), please contact me and I will make sure it is heard.

Heyl, thank you so much again for your donation and for being so open to this addition. You did an amazing job, and I know that Kina would appreciate it. Those words held a lot of meaning for her, as they do with many of us still.

Not active here.

Feel free to reach out on Discord: Takatia#8483
Or on Twitter: @thejesterfox
Locked Previous topicNext topic