Alternative Species in Wolfhome!

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
RedFoxx
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

For those of you who have been reading the forums or visited the pose uploader in the past few days may already have realised something is going on.
We are now allowing Alternative species to be uploaded here at wolfhome!

When you login to the wolfhome bodyshop you will see a new option "Avatar type" with a drop down menu next to that where you decide which species your Avatar belongs to. (please note this is not a complete list yet!)

If you upload a new Alternative Species they are only for use in private rooms and not the wolfhome public rooms.
Each room owner must allow for them to be used in their own private rooms.

If you are a room owner and you want to allow alternative species into your private room, go into where you normally edit your private rooms.
You will see a new option "Allowed Species" click on where it says "allow species" and a tick box will show up, just tick all of those you want to allow into your room then click "ok".

All alternative species will follow the same rules we currently follow for uploading wolfhome poses.
Please see the faq for more details http://www.wolfhome.com/faq/art_faq.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We also have plans for allowing users to upload their own alternative maps. (there are lots of plans for this so stay tuned) You can find our current plans for this here. http://www.wolfhome.com/faq/chatlands.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please keep in mind this is a new approach for us at wolfhome so a lot of rules and programming is still needed to perfect everything, so please bear with us.

Any questions feel free to ask and we'll try our best to answer them, any suggestions feel free to post those also.

These categories have just been added to the drop down menu on the pose uploader as suggested by Kesame.

+ ungulates (hoofed mammals)
+ aquatic animals (fish, sharks, whales, squids, etc)
+ primates (apes, monkeys, lemurs)

(please note: we are not allowing humans to be uploaded into wolfhome even though they are Primates)

Have fun :smile:
Just as i was getting used to yesterday, along came today

Skywolf
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

wOOt!!!

-Sky
Skywolf
Syren (pronounced "see-ren")

Ava (c) GTWOLF

Is there a post I should see? PM me the link :D
Blackfeathr
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Pronouns: AEIOU sometimes Y
Species: Coyote

Pride

Wolfhome Related

Hmm... are more going to be added to the list of species? I'd really like to see a red panda slot :P

And still dogs are not allowed? :O

Commissions | Premades | ToS
Feral
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She/Her
Species: Fennec Fox

YAY :>

Blackfeathr wrote:Hmm... are more going to be added to the list of species? I'd really like to see a red panda slot :P

well, pandas are listed under the Bear category, so maybe red pandas would go there too, or maybe under woodland?

and domestic dogs are covered until the Canine category which allows all Domestic and Wild Canines (which is separate/different from the WolfHome category).
yip!
Chenneoue
Spellweaver and Wordsmith

Feral wrote:YAY :>

Blackfeathr wrote:Hmm... are more going to be added to the list of species? I'd really like to see a red panda slot :P

well, pandas are listed under the Bear category, so maybe red pandas would go there too, or maybe under woodland?

and domestic dogs are covered until the Canine category which allows all Domestic and Wild Canines (which is separate/different from the WolfHome category).
Ok little confused by this... but as far as I am aware of, dogs are still not allowed. Unless you count wild dogs like dingoes, African painted dog, and or the like. I believe we are keeping all domesticated animals off site as I recall, but I will need to confirm this.
Feral
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate
Pronouns: She/Her
Species: Fennec Fox

Chenneoue wrote:Ok little confused by this... but as far as I am aware of, dogs are still not allowed. Unless you count wild dogs like dingoes, African painted dog, and or the like. I believe we are keeping all domesticated animals off site as I recall, but I will need to confirm this.
well when i look in my pose uploader, the default category is:
wolf, fox, coyote (wild canid i.e. wolfhome default)
then there is this category in the drop down:
dingo, hyena, labrador, pekinese, poodle (i.e. both domestic and wild) (canine)

in the room editor, they're described again in the species permissions:
wolfhome
wolf, fox, coyote (wild canid i.e. wolfhome default)
canine
dingo, hyena, labrador, pekinese, (i.e. both domestic & wild)
yip!
Chenneoue

Ah I see. This must have been another recent add on. Anyhow...

Well in that case, poses might be held up (just a warning) if the ART is unsure if it is proper labeling, but make sure that dogs are uploaded to the proper category otherwise they will be rejected.

FYI, this is still very new. So, we are still discussing how this is going to be handled.
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Christa

nevertheless, this is a pretty exciting update :>!
sfoijefiosjea
Omniscient
Omniscient

Yay. :D <3 Ilyguys.
dead account, please stop dm'ing.
underdog
Alpha - Site Owner
Alpha - Site Owner

I want to make sure everyone understands that we are still figuring out the categories. For instance, right now wild and domestic are grouped together for both canines and felines, but it is looking more likely that wild cats and domestic cats will be separate groups.

It also turns out that, according to Wiki, pandas really ARE bears! I know! Srsly! I have no idea about what to categorize red pandas. But we will figure it out soon (I hope). Reading wiki, I would go for "woodland" for the red panda until further notice...
The most recent molecular-systematic DNA research places the Red Panda into its own independent family Ailuridae. Ailuridae are in turn part of a trichotomy within the broad superfamily Musteloidea (Flynn et al., 2001) that also includes the Mephitidae (skunks) and the Procyonidae (raccoons) + Mustelidae (weasels). Unlike the Giant Panda, it is not a bear (Ursidae).
The taxonomic classification of both the Red Panda and Giant Panda has been under debate for many decades, as both species share characteristics of both bears and raccoons.
So it seems that even the people that get paid to know this stuff are yelling at each other about Pandas, Giant or Red.

Go figure.

Avatar is from deviant art: http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/m/a/maklods.png?4

(Luigi is TM Nintendo, right? what's up with that?)
Absentia
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Pronouns: They, We
Preferred Name: Abby
Species: Demon

Pride

Wolfhome Related

underdog wrote:I want to make sure everyone understands that we are still figuring out the categories. For instance, right now wild and domestic are grouped together for both canines and felines, but it is looking more likely that wild cats and domestic cats will be separate groups.

It also turns out that, according to Wiki, pandas really ARE bears! I know! Srsly! I have no idea about what to categorize red pandas. But we will figure it out soon (I hope).
But where will the Platypus go?!?!? Or the echidna??? hmmm?

:razz: *runs away giggling*
--------------------------------

[Image
ToyHouse

Seven
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

What about gemsbok?

or Tylacines?

SnowyWolf
Badger, Badger
Badger, Badger

Domestic wrote:What about gemsbok?

or Tylacines?
Thylacines. :grin:

Gemsbok fall under the hoofed category and thylacines might *hopes* be included in the canines. :grin:
Vladimir
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

This is so awesome! I can finally use my red deer character.
Sa'an'ishar!
I am the Coffee Thief.

Avatar Image © Sitara, Signature Image © Sitara, neither are free.
Click the icon above to view Vladimir's reference, © Khaosdog, not free.
Locked Previous topicNext topic