June 8th Community Meeting Summary

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

Thank you to all who attended the meetings, they were a big success and we got a lot of input and things to think about! Here is a summary of questions from three of the meetings asked and answers given. Rather than just posts logs I have split everything into sections and tried to lump things together where applicable. No questions have been left out. If you think I have forgotten something please let me know!

Spoilers have been used to make this topic much easier to read. Suggestions or issues which need to be addressed to UD have been.

Adding IP ignore abilities to the ignore feature
Spoiler! :
[1:06pm] Valerie: id like to know if there was any progress made to the ignoring feature??? such as ip bans for blocking if multiple accounts and actually keeping them ignored when you and/or they change their name?
[1:08pm] Ilobmirt: as far as I can tell, that is not the case. but I do see a point in that you want to ignore the user and all their attached IPs*
Blacklists
Spoiler! :
[1:11pm] Doon: umMM i would like to be able to like. add people on my permission topic who cant use my artwork, OR have some VISUAL thing SAYING they cant use it. because i know public blacklisting causes drama and stuff but i also want to be reassured that said person cannot use said art
[1:12pm] Ilobmirt: I suppose you could simply directly contact the art team to remove poses
[1:13pm] Ilobmirt: but first you should probably state a clause that would say that ones right to use artwork could be revoked due to.... XYZ
[1:15pm] Sessgo: I think it's frowned upon is because it can be a form of naming and shaming and can cause some big issues.
[1:16pm] Sessgo: I mean I personally don't see the point in putting that on a permissions list when the list states who can use them. If they can't they won't be on it.
[1:16pm] Ilobmirt: I think it would be just as effective to remove the name from the permissions list, state a revockation clause, and then if need be we could not allow that user to use your art
Freebies donated to the FE
Spoiler! :
[1:15pm] Doon: i also heard that freebie poses are 'no longer mine' since they're donated????
[1:15pm] Doon: um still my art?? :/
[1:16pm] Doon: idk i asked if i could revoke freebies and they said they are no longer mine
While freebies are your work, as stated here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5319" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; we do not revoke freebies at a whim because you have an issue with another user. In the past we had major issues with freebies randomly being revoked and hours of ART time lost due to it. We also think in the interest of fairness anyone should be allowed to use any freebie. If you want to donate a NEW freebie you can limit who can use it.

Admin Attention in Rooms
Spoiler! :
[1:20pm] Twiggy: But from personal experience, there's been several times where I've been in rooms with admins, and I realise you guys are busy, but there are users breaking the rules and I've been the one to tell them over and over and over again to stop
[1:20pm] Twiggy: So I'm not sure if there's any way to say... if you're on duty, try and pay attention without sounding rude, so :/
[1:24pm] Doon: ive had people tell me to ignore said user and then dont do anything about the issue
[1:21pm] Sessgo: We do try our hardest. Sometimes we are busy working on a previous writeup. It's hard to do things like that and still stay 100% focused on the room.
[1:27pm] Verbeia: sometimes the user is warned via whsiper. sometimes its not serious enough for action to be taken right away
This is something we will look into, if at anytime you feel an admin has purposefully dodged dealing with a situation, or simply said "Ignore them" and done nothing about the issue please contact an alpha immediately. It may be the case they have asked you to ignore the user and are dealing with the situation via whisper so it looks as if they are not acting upon the problem.

Easier ways to get administrator attention while in the room with them will be discussed and hopefully something can be sent to UD soon.
Multiple admins dealing with an Issue
Spoiler! :
[1:28pm] Valerie: this has been a problem with just me feeling intimidated and uncomfortable but when the admins group together in a public room and then they move as kind of a herd i want to say? when one gets a call
It is within our policy that one admin deals with a situation and not multiple admins, to stop the "herd" or a "ganging up" feeling. Some admins get called to the same situation at the same time, we sometimes have up to three or four admins called to a problem in a short space of time. If you see multiple admins dealing with one problem please tell an alpha, otherwise it is likely they are moving together either for training purposes or through the issue of multiple howls about the same problem.
Multiple admins in rooms in general
Spoiler! :
[1:30pm] Valerie: idk its probably just like the fact theyre higher up on the scale than me and it makes me nervous and just !!!!!!! should i join in the conversation or sit here looking idle or what
[1:29pm] TheJudge: As in if one admin is called and then three show up in the room and it feels like someone had called in the Wolfhome swat team.
[1:29pm] Casanova: I think it just makes the impact of us all being in room(s) together more noticeable because our names stand out x_x
[1:30pm] Casanova: when it comes to public rooms, I choose active rooms and rooms that are not roleplay rooms (unless I am howled to one), active ones just tend to have a lot of admins during peak times
[1:31pm] Sessgo: I don't knwo why people are so intimdated by us.. We ar ejust people o.o
[1:31pm] Casanova: a lot of us are easy to intimidate toooooooooooo
[1:31pm] Ilobmirt: Please spark a conversation with us. I would like to get my mind engaged
Please do talk to us when we go in rooms :{ we have blue names but we still like to talk to people, and it actually bums us out a lot when people get nervous around us or leave because we came in. We are a nice bunch really! Remember we all started out as users who love to chat on Wolfhome, we are still here for that reason!
More Pose Sets
Spoiler! :
[1:28pm] Twiggy: I would like to discuss a very important issue to my heart
[1:28pm] Twiggy: and that is
[1:28pm] Twiggy: Hyena equality
[12:49am] CowgirlCharlie: Has anyone thought to add new pose sets? Such as werewolf set, like they have on Terravore?
[12:54am] Colossith: we have discussed the idea of the team doing a fundraiser which users can take part in
[12:54am] Colossith: through either direct donations or creating poses to sell etc
[12:54am] Colossith: so we can raise money for commissioning a brand new set for wolfhome
[12:54am] Colossith: the species would be chosen by a poll on the forums which anyone can vote for
[12:55am] Colossith: all proceeds would go to the artist, or artists if we can raise enough for more than one!
[12:55am] Colossith: because wolfhome has no direct owner than UD and he will only pay deltas, a fundraiser is the best idea we have come up with
[12:55am] Colossith: i dont take credit for the fundraiser :P
[12:55am] Colossith: that was a team effort in one of our admin meetings XD
[12:55am] Colossith: artists would be able to PM our interest
[12:56am] Colossith: their*

Raccoon dogs
Spoiler! :
[2:33pm] Verbeia: raccoons dogs are a no for the public rooms right
[2:36pm] Casanova: to the question about raccoon dogs, the only discussion I can find on it in the ART threads is from a few years ago and the consensus was no to them being in public rooms
[2:36pm] Casanova: it is always something that can be re-discussed though, we have a different team now
Forum post font colours
Spoiler! :
[1:33pm] Doon: cause im rly tired of typing before everything
[1:38pm] Valerie: sometimes the fonts people pick at hard to read on the dark background
[1:08am] taterbug: what about taking out some colors that are impossible to read? like black dear lord

[1:34pm] Ilobmirt: no unfortuneately any editing of our forum code is handled by underdog (Im sure of it)
[1:40pm] Allistarr: Speaking of font colors, some colors that are used as thread posts, like deep purples, I can't even see without highlighting the post.
[/quote]
This is possible, but as ilo has said UD must be asked about this. *. Right now font colours used don't seem to be a wide spread issue in terms of illegible colours, although if it becomes more of an issue we will do what we can to try to limit its impact.

Forum skins
Spoiler! :
[1:39pm] Valerie: uhh is there a way to give the forums lighter colors????
[1:40pm] Verbeia: i think different skins would clash with the users who use different font colors, unless they all stayed relatively the same color
[1:40pm] Twiggy: Personally, I think we're pretty privileged being allowed to use different colours and text sizes and putting pictures in our threads

[1:07am] Colossith: the forums we want to probably edit the layout and keep the original colours
[1:08am] Colossith: we also want a couple more forum skins of different colours
[1:08am] Colossith: and more "subtle" skins for those who dont want giant wolf heads everywhere when on the forums
[1:40pm] Casanova: it will probably be impossible to ever have a forum theme that will blend with every font colour, I would like to see options to choose from eventually though
[1:40pm] Allistarr: Speaking of font colors, some colors that are used as thread posts, like deep purples, I can't even see without highlighting the post.

Font colours are an issue with choosing new skins, preferably one or two alternatives would be nice, hopefully with colours which most font colours can be used on and not look like barf :}.

Improving the current forum layout
Spoiler! :
[1:41pm] Doon: or a whole forum make over
[1:41pm] Doon: like just the simple text font and a wolf head is rly boring

[1:41pm] Casanova: user-made artwork that changes out routinely would be nice

This is something we have discussed in the past and will likely touch upon again.

Prepayment cards
Spoiler! :
[1:46pm] Plushee: few years back there was a rumor going around that UD might start making those cards like club penguin and gaia type deal but only with deltas do you guys know if its really going to happen if so I think it be a great ideal for the little kids and such to get than to hassel their gardians
[1:46pm] Sessgo: I don't think so
[1:46pm] Casanova: I have not heard that from UD himself at all
[1:47pm] Sessgo: Plus it would create a bigger work load on admins keeping young kids off
[1:47pm] Casanova: I think the cards would probably cost more to produce than they'd really bring in tbh

We would need a lot of infrastructure in place and also capital that wolfhome probably does not have right now to do this D:, it has been suggested in the past and that was the general consensus.

Wolfhome 13+, issues of age faking and our "grandfathering" scheme:
Spoiler! :
[1:47pm] Shiloh: Didn't WH recently become 13+?
[1:48pm] Doon: ok uhh along with that point im wondering why the kids who are under 13 are still allowed to be here, like the ones who signed up before the change???? because it didnot really do anything, it didnt make wh 13+ because younger kids were still running around

[12:35am] CowgirlCharlie: Its nice, although the 13+ isnt very effective because there are still users who fake their age and not tell anyone..

[1:47pm] Casanova: yeah. again
[1:47pm] Sessgo: March 2nd, 2013
[1:48pm] Casanova: because they registered when the previous guidelines were still in effect and it would be unfair to the ones that are active and contributing members
[1:50pm] Casanova: also just to clarify, we never have really had many people that were below the age of 10, so all of those people will turn 13 soon enough. there really aren't too many of them roaming around
[1:51pm] Casanova: I think one of the factors for us going back to 13+ is that there weren't even THAT many kids to begin with, actually

• Faking age

[12:36am] Colossith: they did that before, and it is something we are on top of
[12:36am] Colossith: we catch them very often, if you see them let us know :)
[12:36am] Colossith: we have ways to see really easily who is lying XD
[12:36am] Colossith: it's just a case of user and admin vigilance :)
[12:36am] Colossith: we probably ban about a dozen a day right now for it lmao

The 13+ scheme will likely stay for good (unless UD decides to change it!). We do deal with the issue of children sneaking on which has made a significant impact on admin workload, but we are keeping it under control. If you see anyone you think is too young (e.g. they say something like "shhh I'm 10!" please do howl an admin about it :)

Wolfhome Awards
Spoiler! :
[1:59pm] Valerie: i would like the wh awards again those were cool

Keep your eyes peeled!

The 80% canine rule
Spoiler! :
[2:06pm] Christ: I thing it was cause of the ears and the muzzle it was approved as doesmentic feline
[2:07pm] Casanova: well, if a pose has a feline tail but can otherwise pass as a wild canine, it will go through. however, if there are other traits that can be coupled with the feline tail to make the entire pose look canine, like a short muzzle or small/rounded ears, then that will push it in that direction.

[12:48am] Colossith: the idea was we would give each section of the body a "weight"
[12:48am] Colossith: the head would be say 20%
[12:48am] Colossith: so if it is not a canine head completely it would need a fully canine everything else
[12:48am] Colossith: so if it had wolfish ears but a feline like muzzle and everything else canine itd be ok
[12:49am] Colossith: we would give say paws and tails 5% and 10% respectively
[12:49am] Colossith: so overall paw and tail edits would be 20% (numbers are of course just being thrown out there and not how it might actually work out!)
[12:49am] Colossith: http://i.imgur.com/8ULzD.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[12:49am] Colossith: that is how it was devised to be split

Night time versions of rooms
Spoiler! :
[12:45am] CowgirlCharlie: Oh Ive always had this in mind. There should be a night and day feature. Much like there is the rain and snow. Just type !night to darken the background or !day to go back to normal
[12:45am] CowgirlCharlie: To add extra effect to RP
[12:46am] Ham: I like that idea charlie, but I could see it being difficult for all the rooms, maybe having a couple rooms with that feature would be neat

[12:46am] Colossith: we could have both night and day versions of rooms?
[12:46am] Colossith: say wilderness rp night and wilderness rp
[12:46am] Colossith: with some filters/changes
[12:46am] Colossith: thatd be quite simplistic and would add more RP rooms for us :)

While this focused on RP rooms it could also be done to general rooms however improving the quality of most general rooms is top of our list in terms of room editing and maintaining.

Mr Bunbun (prey)
Spoiler! :
[2:10pm] Twiggy: Can they bring back MrBunbun
[2:11pm] Ilobmirt: Perhaps, but I am not sure how all of the userbase would react to prey pose sets in public space
[2:11pm] Verbeia: theyll probably wanna start uploading their own prey, then eventually wolfhome will become everythinghome

!snow and !rain
Spoiler! :
[2:17pm] Twiggy: Does the weather command still work
[2:17pm] Ilobmirt: yeah we still have !rain and !snow

UD will be informed that they don't go away when they should!

Nicknames
Spoiler! :
[2:18pm] Valerie: I PROBABLY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS JUST MAKING SURE
[2:18pm] Valerie: are nicknames coming back
[2:19pm] WendigoWolf: probably a no on that

Informing people of private room rules from the map (clicking friend's names to enter a room)
Spoiler! :
[2:20pm] Twiggy: Is the possibility of having a command
[2:20pm] Twiggy: so that when people click on private rooms from the map, that the rules show up
[2:21pm] Twiggy: I think Tess brought it up on the forums once but
[2:21pm] Twiggy: I don't think it ever existed
[2:21pm] Twiggy: it would be useful though
[2:21pm] Ilobmirt: I would think that the team likes the idea, but im not sure that its being discussed right now

UD will be notified about this!

"Killer packs" roleplay issue
Spoiler! :
[2:26pm] SilverStar14: um Quick question are killer packs allowed?
[2:27pm] Casanova: well yeah but I mean going around roleplaying that you are killing everyone, or just describing yourself as a wolf that does
[2:28pm] Casanova: if you are issuing actual threats and roleplay kills, that's not ok. but if you are talking in a certain way and it's held within a private pack room, you are within your rights

Testing new code and features
Spoiler! :
[6:25pm] Akkara: is UD ever going to set up a test environment instead of just rolling new code/features out to the live version of wolfhome?
[6:25pm] Colossith: thats something we have suggested a lot, i believe he has one now which is basically a mirror of wolfhome which he tests on
[6:26pm] Colossith: theoretically users should be able to access it and use new features but i dont know how far he got with it all

Random lag spikes
Spoiler! :
[6:26pm] Akkara: Is he looking into possible causes for the random really bad lag?

I received an email from him earlier, the cause of them is still kind of unknown, it is likely to do with database issues.

More detail on the AA system and why we readopted it
Spoiler! :
[6:27pm] Ayla: Whats the deal with these new AA's?
[6:27pm] Ayla: How do they get elected? Are they suggested? Is it one of those "Vote who you want to be admin" kind of thing?
[6:28pm] Colossith: they have been chosen the same way all admins have been chosen
[6:28pm] Colossith: the idea of the AAs is that they are in training, rather than just having them thrown in at the deep end as happened before
[6:28pm] Colossith: through a combination of user an admin suggestions
[6:28pm] Colossith: after we compile a list of nominated users we look at who has a "clean record" and those people are voted on
[6:28pm] Colossith: those who receive enough yes votes get in

[1:13am] Colossith: the premise of the helper system is a rework of how we used to use AAs
[1:13am] Colossith: back in the day (aka 3 years ago) AAs were poorly utilised
[1:14am] Colossith: they basically replaced gammas in their jobs they were that efficient after a few weeks
[1:14am] Colossith: so AAs started to get bumped to gamma even though that wasnt the original idea
[1:14am] Colossith: but the whole idea got lost in its ways and wasn't overseen properly so it kind of crumbled
[1:15am] Colossith: now we have added more structure and it allows less "in the deep end you go!" than was there before which was a huge issue for new admins

Admin applications
Spoiler! :
[6:29pm] Ayla: Im just going to throw this out there, maybe having an application idea set up, because somebody could be unknown by people but could be a perfectly good admin.
[6:31pm] Ayla: I mean I understand you might get a lot of applications when you do.
[6:29pm] Colossith: we have been discussing the idea of applications on and off for about a year now
[6:29pm] Colossith: we wanted to see how nominations go first
[6:30pm] Colossith: people state that it's unfair some don't get chosen, but those who are unhappy with who we choose, 90% ofc them don't bother with nominations at all
[6:30pm] Colossith: we get less than 5 nominations per month
[6:31pm] Colossith: the applications aren't the issue really
[6:31pm] Colossith: we can easily wittle down applications from those who are lying, those who have bad records etc

Visibility of pose sweep announcements
Spoiler! :
[6:31pm] Akkara: The next time that ART does a pose sweep, can it be posted on the log-in page in addition to the forums? I think sometimes announcements on the forums don't get noticed by a lot of users who don't check them frequently
[6:32pm] Akkara: or really any major announcments
[6:32pm] Akkara: I only noticed we were having the community meeting because it was posted on the login page :P
[6:32pm] Colossith: yes we can do that :)
[6:32pm] Colossith: i try to update the login page with things as often as possible

Bug reporting
Spoiler! :
[6:35pm] Akkara: Should we be sending in bug reports every time multiple people are experiencing a lot of lag?
[6:35pm] Akkara: It's not super common, but once in a while WH will be so slow that I just give up for the day and log off
[6:41pm] Akkara: lag, very rarely sometimes I'll go into a room and I can't see just one person even though neither of us have ignored eachother
[6:41pm] Colossith: next it happens make a PT about which room and who it was

Please do send bug reports to us when something happens!

Users who owe art
Spoiler! :
[6:40pm] Ayla: I know this has been brought up on the forums once already, but is there a possibility that a topic can be set up to where users can post who owes them art?
[6:44pm] Ayla: I understand that, but if you put it in "critter chatter" or something like that, it easily gets lost and nobody really notices it.
[6:41pm] Colossith: as for the sub forum, we have discussed that a lot
[6:43pm] Colossith: in terms of who owes you things, a lot of people post in the critter chatter, or on their commission topics
[6:43pm] Colossith: in terms of "who i owe" theres no reason that cant be in topics too
[6:44pm] Colossith: the same could be said if we had a dedicate section being spammed by people
[6:45pm] Colossith: thats the issue, its like another section to moderate that we don't necessarily think is "worth it" if that makes sense

Another issue I have to highlight here is those who owe art are typically dodging or avoiding acknowledging it, or simply not on the forums. Contacting artists who owe you should always be your first port of call when owed art.

Future coding and support
Spoiler! :
[6:45pm] Colossith: i dont think bill supports anything but windows in his development
[6:45pm] Colossith: we have visited the issue before and can do again in regards to the forum
[6:45pm] Akkara: yeah and i mean i realize probably 95%+ of users don't use Linux so I understand it may not be worth the hassle
[6:46pm] Akkara: but it seems like at least testing for Mac OSes would be prudent
[6:46pm] Colossith: bill has no mac system so i think relies on users for that
[6:47pm] Akkara: Seems like he could use some help with the coding/testing stuff to me
[6:48pm] Colossith: yeah it would be awesome if he had someone on the helm
[6:48pm] Akkara: Has he asked any of the admins with coding experience for help at all?
[6:48pm] Colossith: we have offered, he has said no
[6:49pm] Colossith: i believe a couple of people occassionally do something for him but nothing major
[6:49pm] Colossith: there's no way for us to develop from the original source code or anything like that

ART dealing with owed art
Spoiler! :
[6:59pm] Ayla: What else could possibly be done with these people who are constantly getting ripped off?
[7:00pm] Colossith: all we can do is after multiple incidents, ban them from making any money on wh until they repay people
[7:01pm] Colossith: yeah that happened to me too
[7:01pm] Colossith: i exercise my right to paypal these days
[7:02pm] Colossith: i dont know what to suggest, if you have suggestions we can look into them
[7:02pm] Colossith: right now all we have is the system of "until you do them you can't come here selling stuff"

Waiting on full rooms!
Spoiler! :
[12:43am] Ham: What I've always thought would be kind of neat, is if you could set a sound alert on full rooms so you know when a spot frees up.
[12:50am] Colossith: in terms of the alert sounds for full rooms, im not sure how that would work
[12:52am] Colossith: maybe we could have a little selection box for rooms
[12:52am] Colossith: that if you check it, when you enter another room the checked room's total is shown in the room you are in
[12:52am] Colossith: so for example you want to go into emerald jungle
[12:52am] Colossith: so you check a tick box next to it, then go into icy tundra
[12:53am] Colossith: you can sit and watch the room count of emerald jungle from icy tundra

UD coming on chat
Spoiler! :
[12:58am] taterbug: does UD ever come onto chat except... in disguise or something lol
[12:58am] Colossith: yes he usually comes in disguised :P
[12:59am] Colossith: the clue is in his sniff
[12:59am] Colossith: i wont tell you the name
[12:59am] Colossith: but its bright pink and the sniff is all wolfhome official looking

Quick faq command
Spoiler! :
[1:02am] CowgirlCharlie: Colo is there a "short cut" that takes people to the rules?
[1:04am] Colossith: oh wait
[1:04am] Colossith: its !faq lmao

Admin numbers
Spoiler! :
[1:14am] Remmiee: How many admins are there allowed to be at a time? Or is there a limit?
[1:14am] Ilobmirt: there isnt really a limit
[1:15am] Colossith: there is no limit, we aim for around 40~
[1:15am] Colossith: 40 admins allows a strong team for each department and to keep the chat overseen comfortably
[1:15am] Colossith: less than that we start to feel it when people take breaks

List of current and past admins
Spoiler! :
[1:17am] CowgirlCharlie: isnt there a list of all the current admins on the forums or something?
[1:17am] taterbug: yes there is i think
[1:17am] taterbug: or it mught be the old ones
[1:18am] Colossith: its in announcements
[1:18am] Colossith: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[1:19am] Colossith: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42668&p=577079#p577079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; past admins

Why sometimes online admins don't show up as being online
Spoiler! :
[1:20am] taterbug: why dont a lot of the admis that are online show up on the map page and in the mysts?
[1:20am] Colossith: that means they are off duty

While off duty we still have our adminy powers and account, but it prevents us being howled or seen as being active (aka our coloured names go do a "Normal user" appearance. This is used when we are too busy IRL to take howls, or are AFK etc

More automation of the system e.g. auto kicks for spam
Spoiler! :
[1:35am] Ocarina: I just thought of something funny when it comes to spammers. How about have it set up if a member uses more the 20 letters without any spaces it auto bans them. lol
[1:35am] Colossith: people use 20 letters without spaces without being spammers

info retained on closed accounts & stopping accounts closing
Spoiler! :
[1:40am] C0untryW0lf: is there anyway to access a closed account to get infomation from it?
[1:42am] C0untryW0lf: there is if you have friends listed in ur sniff say like pack memebers and stuff like that

[1:43am] Allistarr: If your account was deleted, none of that info can be recovered. It disappears when the account disappears.
[1:43am] Kuruk: oh well if the acct is closed the sniff is gone.. you can check if the account is open though by typing !sniff (username)
[1:45am] Allistarr: Usually after 30 days on inactivity (no log ins) and no deltas in the account, it is automatically removed from the site to free up the name/space.
[1:47am] Colossith: you can keep an account active indefinitely if it is set to free with about 0.15 deltas in it

Selective whisper/whisper filter
Spoiler! :
[2:06am] Kuruk: I like the idea of SELECTIVE WHISPER, I am tired of being begged via whisper, or asked to be someones mate via whisper, but I dont want to cut off ALL whispers and not talk to my loves anymore. Maybe there could be a selection for friends list only to whisper for certain subs?
[2:07am] Kuruk: I dont want EVERYONE on wolfhome to be invisible because they asked to be my m8 though.. I hate seeing one sided conversations and not knowing if I have someone on ignore or if they have a simple mental illness
[2:07am] Colossith: its something we could suggest to UD
[2:07am] Colossith: yeah
[2:08am] Colossith: the ignore feature isnt particularlly elegant

When someone harasses you via PM or whisper
Spoiler! :
[2:06am] mattlord: PM's are like a secret way for some people to cyber bully and still not get caught but some people r to afraid of being a snitch to tell an admin about it cause recently i waqs cursed out in pm's and somehow my parents were involved when my parents r adoptive parents got involved...
[2:06am] Colossith: they can be reported mattlord
[2:06am] Colossith: simply screenshot it and send it to an admin
[2:07am] Colossith: if it is via whisper admins can check if it actually happened

Spamming and roleplay and when it's actually against the rules
Spoiler! :
[2:09am] Colossith: problem is spamming is only against the rules if it is disturbing the room
[2:10am] Colossith: if 5 people in a room on their own just want to spam each other for lols
[2:10am] Colossith: they are free to do so
[2:10am] Colossith: if someone went into the room and was being disturbed by it. they'd likely have to stop
[2:10am] mattlord: what if everyone has asked nicely to stop
[2:10am] Colossith: thatd be disturbing the room so they would have to
[2:11am] Colossith: spamming/moving around and roleplaying are ALL dependent on how it affects the room
[2:11am] Colossith: you can roleplay in any room as long as it isn't upsetting others
roleplay can also be discussed quietly in a room as long as it does not disturb others
[2:12am] Colossith: in our rules it does state it can be done anywhere as long as it doesn't disturb others

Making the chat box bigger when rooms are busy
Spoiler! :
[2:12am] C0untryW0lf: is it possible to maybe make the chat box chat larger its hard to read sometimes when alot of ppl are talking
[2:12am] Colossith: yes you can drag it upwards
[2:12am] Aqua: You can move your cursor over it and pull it to make it biiger

What do subs pay for
Spoiler! :
[2:12am] mattlord: i have a question about the subs does the money go to benefit the site by keeping chatlands/wolfhome running? or somthing along those lines?
[2:13am] Colossith: your subscriptions pay for the admins and wolfhome to stay running
[2:13am] Colossith: wolfhome has the same revenue requirements of all chatlands chats
[2:14am] Colossith: which works out about 17c a day per admin
[2:14am] Colossith: so it cant really be gauged as actual revenue XD
[2:16am] Colossith: if they dropped and we had no profit, our delta bank would deplete then it would be inaccessible until it had deltas in it again

Admins and private rooms
Spoiler! :
[2:17am] mattlord: sometimes they just like in certain rooms i rp in a admin walks in and tells me i cant rp in there and if the problem is via whisper in a custom room u cant do anything about it which kindof makes me get anoyed
[2:18am] Twiggy: Admins have never had control over non-public rooms as far as I remember
[2:18am] Colossith: no we dont
[2:19am] Colossith: we only interfere when a serious issue has happened
[2:19am] Allistarr: Correct, there are designated RP rooms for that very reason. You won't be asked to stop RPing if done in the appropriate rooms.
[2:19am] Colossith: like a death threat etc
[2:21am] Allistarr: non-public rooms (private rooms) have their own set of rules based ont he room owners decisions. If that private room is having issues that are not extremely severe (like a death threat) then you have the choice to stay and endure it or leave and go elsewhere.
[2:21am] Colossith: users pay for their own private space to do as they please, if we began interfering it would be too far
[2:22am] Colossith: if you have issue in a private room, ask someone who can kick in it to kick the person or put the user on ignore or move to another room

Temp rooms for free accounts
Spoiler! :
[2:24am] lilbrowntimbergirl: what if you made it so we could have temporary rooms for free
[2:26am] Allistarr: I believe it was set up that way so that those that do pay, get more "bang for their buck" in a way by contributing to the upkeep of the site.
[2:26am] Colossith: we need some incentive for people to subscribe
[2:26am] Colossith: and i think it has been suggested before but it takes up server space and would give no reason to have public rooms

RP room capacity & general chatter in RP rooms
Spoiler! :
[2:27am] lilbrowntimbergirl: well then what your asking is for us to pay to roleplay if the role play rooms are full
[2:27am] lilbrowntimbergirl: ive seen all of them full because we have designated rp areas
[2:27am] Colossith: we have 5 roleplay rooms
[2:27am] Colossith: if they are filling up that badly we will look into adding morer
[2:27am] Colossith: more*
[2:31am] Tahna: I mean, I think it would be one thing if the existing RP rooms were packed
[2:32am] Tahna: Perhaps, then, there could be some rules that apply to the RP rooms in the event of packed..ness?
[2:32am] Colossith: it does annoy me a little people use RP rooms as chit chat rooms
[2:32am] Colossith: because its not fair as there is limited space
[2:32am] Colossith: but it cant be helped we aren't strict on it
[2:32am] Colossith: and to be strict on RP would be just e_E
[2:32am] Allistarr: perhaps change the rules for RP rooms to be strictly that, for RP only.
[2:33am] Seyenna: yeah but then wouldn't the rules for rp be
[2:33am] Seyenna: truly rp in rp rooms only?
[2:33am] Tahna: But perhaps we could make just a general announcement along the lines of "It's been expressed that <blahdeblah>. Please be considerate."
[2:33am] Seyenna: wouldnt that be fair?
[2:33am] Colossith: youd have so many issues of "THEY SPOKE OOC"
[2:34am] Colossith: we could ask to be considerate more often
[2:34am] Colossith: i have suggested before we be stricter on RP rooms in the past for that very reason
[2:35am] Tahna: Maybe.. maybe on RP rooms there could be popup rules (but not rules - just a message) like for the private rooms?
[2:36am] Tahna: It doesn't have to be terribly wordy or anything, but I've seen plenty of users who do not - that ^
[2:36am] Akkara: Wait, do people go into the RP rooms and then yell at people for RPing or something?
[2:36am] Colossith: no just use them for general chatting areas
[2:37am] Colossith: thus taking up space for actual RPers
[2:37am] Akkara: oh... are you not supposed to do that? lol
[2:37am] Tahna: Well, I don't think it's a big deal
[2:37am] Tahna: But there was a user in here who was complaining of full RP rooms
[2:37am] Colossith: it isnt against the rules lmao
[2:37am] Colossith: yeah

Reason for designated RP rooms
Spoiler! :
[2:38am] Akkara: I don't really understand why we have designated RP rooms and it's not allowed in the other public rooms
[2:38am] Akkara: i don't really see how it degrades the chat if people are RPing in a non-RP room or vice versa
[2:38am] Colossith: i think its now more because we are used to it being that way
[2:38am] Colossith: and theres complaints on other sites that RP is everywhere
[2:39am] Colossith: i think its like swings and round abouts
[2:39am] Colossith: i think the other half is, some dont want to have people roleplaying all over their conversation

Pros and cons of ignore
Spoiler! :
[2:39am] Tahna: People hate using ignore.
[2:39am] Colossith: you basically dont see everything that is going on
[2:39am] Akkara: yeah and then you only see half-conversations
[2:40am] Colossith: and "omg someone is laying on you" cant be seen on either screen
[2:40am] Colossith: also ignore causes drama
[2:40am] Aqua: Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with the Ignore option.

Fixing mysts to reflect ignored users being in the room
Spoiler! :
[2:40am] Akkara: is there a way to change it so that if you are ignored/someone ignores you, that the proper user count will show up in the mysts?
[2:40am] Akkara: so the user count shows teh actual number of users instead of the number of users that aren't ignored
[2:40am] Colossith: its something we have asked to be fixed
[2:40am] Colossith: i can see about asking bill about it again

Locked Previous topicNext topic