New 'Artists Giving Back' Forum

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Rapture
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: any
Species: Wolf

Sooooo, I hope you guys take the time to read this-

1) The old forum was actually NOT intended for request threads. If you READ the description of the forum, it is for artists OFFERING free services, it does not say that it is a place for people to beg for art. So the new forum is actually the same thing, just a fresh start.

2) Begging for art/deltas is not allowed on chat, begging for art/deltas should not be allowed on the forums.

3) IT LOOKS BAD if you buy an expensive character, and immediately beg for free art of it.

4) Wolfhome tries to promote a GIVING atmosphere as opposed to a TAKING atmosphere.

5) Artists who are actually looking to do something nice for their fellow users here would prefer that their threads not get buried by 10 begging threads in the span of a day.

6) If there weren't so many begging threads, there would be more giving threads, and the gifts would likely be dispersed more evenly.

7) GIVING MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD, try it. :)

scorpio
Departed Soul
Departed Soul

Rapture wrote:Sooooo, I hope you guys take the time to read this-

1) The old forum was actually NOT intended for request threads. If you READ the description of the forum, it is for artists OFFERING free services, it does not say that it is a place for people to beg for art. So the new forum is actually the same thing, just a fresh start.

2) Begging for art/deltas is not allowed on chat, begging for art/deltas should not be allowed on the forums.

3) IT LOOKS BAD if you buy an expensive character, and immediately beg for free art of it.

4) Wolfhome tries to promote a GIVING atmosphere as opposed to a TAKING atmosphere.

5) Artists who are actually looking to do something nice for their fellow users here would prefer that their threads not get buried by 10 begging threads in the span of a day.

6) If there weren't so many begging threads, there would be more giving threads, and the gifts would likely be dispersed more evenly.

7) GIVING MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD, try it. :)
very well said uwu
gold star
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
currently playing City Folk

Unfortunately, scorpio passed away on Monday, August 3, 2020.
For more information please click here.
Apostle
Still haven't seen the sun
Still haven't seen the sun
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: kelly
Species: sabertooth

I'm extremely excited for this upcoming board, because I usually love making art for free and surprising people! x] Specially on my free artsy-time when I'm browsing through threads of new members who need art, or for references that inspire my juices.

To make things less confusing and without changing much, why not rename "Free Colouring/Shading/Grayscaling/etc." to "Free Requests" instead of deleting/replacing it, change the description/rules, and just transfer threads that "give back" to the new board/sub board? I know it's sounds confusing, sorry, but I think it'll be easier in the long run.

For the most part, many points stated here have been good and nevertheless I'm still excited for this new board! ^_^

not really around here anymore
reach me on Discord @ Avokello or on Eunoia

LUX
Shaman - Secret Keeper
Shaman - Secret Keeper

Apostle wrote:I'm extremely excited for this upcoming board, because I usually love making art for free and surprising people! x] Specially on my free artsy-time when I'm browsing through threads of new members who need art, or for references that inspire my juices.

To make things less confusing and without changing much, why not rename "Free Colouring/Shading/Grayscaling/etc." to "Free Requests" instead of deleting/replacing it, change the description/rules, and just transfer threads that "give back" to the new board/sub board? I know it's sounds confusing, sorry, but I think it'll be easier in the long run.

For the most part, many points stated here have been good and nevertheless I'm still excited for this new board! ^_^
I will never forget you.
06/27/1997 - 03/06/2021
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥
"Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King Jr.
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

About MeCharacters
newmoon
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Apostle wrote:I'm extremely excited for this upcoming board, because I usually love making art for free and surprising people! x] Specially on my free artsy-time when I'm browsing through threads of new members who need art, or for references that inspire my juices.

The whole point is to get rid of people asking (begging) for free art. Instead it's people offering to do art. Remove the take and replace with give, to put it simply. It's easier just to start over since the old thread is so overrun.
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

These changes will be implemented later today.

Shiloh

Colossith wrote:These changes will be implemented later today.

Oh my gosh I can't wait! <3
Previously known as Skoll & Cuirve
Commissions | Art | Terms of Service
Dragoncat

I feel like its still a begging atmosphere either way.
People thrive on free art and as soon as you post the 'wanter' is going to pester the 'giver'. When is mine done. When are you starting this.
I get pestered for the FREE art I owe #WHLogic

Either way, this seems like the same old forum, just a *fresh* start to the race for free art.
Saebre

well it's an effort in the right direction instead of just throwing our hands up and not dealing with it. (: we are taking on more work in the hopes that we can keep the begging to a minimum. thank you for the concern though(8
♥ ♥ ♥
art topic | premades | tos
Dragoncat

Saebre wrote:well it's an effort in the right direction instead of just throwing our hands up and not dealing with it. (: we are taking on more work in the hopes that we can keep the begging to a minimum. thank you for the concern though(8
Just dont forget to move 'References' somewhere since its a subform and certainly misplaced under a "free art" section
Saebre

D r a g o n c a t wrote:
Saebre wrote:well it's an effort in the right direction instead of just throwing our hands up and not dealing with it. (: we are taking on more work in the hopes that we can keep the begging to a minimum. thank you for the concern though(8
Just dont forget to move 'References' somewhere since its a subform and certainly misplaced under a "free art" section
(:
♥ ♥ ♥
art topic | premades | tos
newmoon
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Lets try to look at this in a positive light. It's much nicer.

Also, it's much different when someone says "Hey, I want to do this for you, post away!" then someone saying "OMG NEW CHARACTER I WANT NEW ART!! bump bump bump my thread then get mad when no one posts anything." Yes, I made the second sound horrible on purpose. That's what we're avoiding.

And, no, I don't point fingers on anyone. It's just what I hear. :)
failwolf
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Pronouns: she / her

Ok I am super excited for this. I think it's a great idea, and I like the way Rapture said it best :3 Kudos, guys.
#PositiveMentalAttitude ♥
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

It's done! viewforum.php?f=119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rapture
Pronouns: any
Species: Wolf

Showers you with love and affection