New 'Artists Giving Back' Forum

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Aemort
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Mushroom, Mushroom!
Pronouns: Any
Preferred Name: Isolde

Pride

Teetonka wrote:So where will people who do want free grayscaling, coloring and such post?
I mean not everyone in that forum wants free art and I rarely see "free coloring" type threads in that area so people who need free shading or coloring are screwed basically.

You wanna make a place where artists can offer free requests, fine, but don't outcast people who can't color for themselves or afford coloring services. You can still forbid free art requests, basically trying to get custom art free, but why ban posts wanting free pose help?
August
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: he/him

Aemort wrote:
Teetonka wrote:So where will people who do want free grayscaling, coloring and such post?
I mean not everyone in that forum wants free art and I rarely see "free coloring" type threads in that area so people who need free shading or coloring are screwed basically.

You wanna make a place where artists can offer free requests, fine, but don't outcast people who can't color for themselves or afford coloring services. You can still forbid free art requests, basically trying to get custom art free, but why ban posts wanting free pose help?

no longer available; pm only. all characters remain mine. admins; official sales/trades permissions to any sales can be proven with pm and permission topic only.
refs | tos
newmoon
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

What is stopping people from offering coloring and shading services?
August

it wasnt about them not being able to offer it, it's that they often don't, and now we can't ask.
infact alot of the people who reply to those topics just have a second or two extra and are bored for a second, they just wanna do yours not everyone else's.

no longer available; pm only. all characters remain mine. admins; official sales/trades permissions to any sales can be proven with pm and permission topic only.
refs | tos
xyz

August wrote:it wasnt about them not being able to offer it, it's that they often don't, and now we can't ask.
infact alot of the people who reply to those topics just have a second or two extra and are bored for a second, they just wanna do yours not everyone else's.
Basically this.
Also, people would post there to get help naming characters and such as well.
But I do like the idea, I just see a couple things that could be improved.
newmoon
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

Doesn't mean they wont start, right? Give it some time and see what people do. If there is a problem and people have no where to go, then something can be done.

Also, there's always posepro.
Rapture
Pronouns: any
Species: Wolf

These questions have been answered previously, quoting the same questions will only yield quoting the same answers.
Rapture wrote:Sooooo, I hope you guys take the time to read this-

1) The old forum was actually NOT intended for request threads. If you READ the description of the forum, it is for artists OFFERING free services, it does not say that it is a place for people to beg for art. So the new forum is actually the same thing, just a fresh start.

2) Begging for art/deltas is not allowed on chat, begging for art/deltas should not be allowed on the forums.

3) IT LOOKS BAD if you buy an expensive character, and immediately beg for free art of it.

4) Wolfhome tries to promote a GIVING atmosphere as opposed to a TAKING atmosphere.

5) Artists who are actually looking to do something nice for their fellow users here would prefer that their threads not get buried by 10 begging threads in the span of a day.

6) If there weren't so many begging threads, there would be more giving threads, and the gifts would likely be dispersed more evenly.

7) GIVING MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD, try it. :)
There is not a place on wolfhome forums or chat for begging. There are other forums available for asking for free services.

As for asking ideas for names, that's not really a service. Those threads can be made in Wolfhome related discussion.

August

posepro has alot on it's own?
Thats what was nice about this forum you could ask for something quick and someone with a second could do it, no commitments, instead of having allll these people asking you and now youd be waiting forever for a second job because a generous person is overwhelmed. I understand that it wasnt intended for begging but has it ever offended someone?
I honestly don't see my question answered.
I see the pros and cons of both, I feel we were better off dealing with 'begging' instead of now restricting potential givers, am I going to open a topic? Probably not because now people will expect me to do it instead of me having a second passing by and saying oh wow cute character let me draw that.
begging never made any negative energy, theres plenty of it in the other parts of the forum however.
edit: I feel like this should have been put to a vote, it's a matter of opinion whether or not it was begging, and there are two sides to it.
but if I have to take myself to another forum because this one has ceased becoming the come to for all then so be it.
edit:No one gets my questions lol u_u my elaborations are apparently repetitive ok cool lmao.

refs | tos
Layla
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

You could maybe make a small form to request pose coloring or something.
I like the new form a lot, more than I thought I would! A lot less topics!
And on pose pro, I asked for a sketch to be outlined once and it took about two months, I mean there great for doing it, it wasn't urgent.
But poses would be different. Like you get what I mean? A small form were users could post coloring requests..

Oh, and could you not delete the old forum? Because I have topics that I need to know who I got a character from/art and stuff ^_^
Rapture

August wrote:posepro has alot on it's own?
Thats what was nice about this forum you could ask for something quick and someone with a second could do it, no commitments, instead of having allll these people asking you and now youd be waiting forever for a second job because a generous person is overwhelmed. I understand that it wasnt intended for begging but has it ever offended someone?
I honestly don't see my question answered.
I see the pros and cons of both, I feel we were better off dealing with 'begging' instead of now restricting potential givers, am I going to open a topic? Probably not because now people will expect me to do it instead of me having a second passing by and saying oh wow cute character let me draw that.
begging never made any negative energy, theres plenty of it in the other parts of the forum however.
edit: I feel like this should have been put to a vote, it's a matter of opinion whether or not it was begging, and there are two sides to it.
but if I have to take myself to another forum because this one has ceased becoming the come to for all then so be it.
All of your questions were answered.

The Free services forum was never intended to be a place for asking for free services, but offering. It did create negative energy, as artists that created threads in the forum to actually give away free art, had their threads buried quickly by people begging for art. There were also multiple cases of threads made along the lines of "I just spent all my money on this character, please give me free art for it," which is in bad taste. Everyone can see that the character was worth all of this person's money, but they are not willing to spend any on artists' time to draw it. It just looks bad and childish, and it's not why the forum was made, and not what we want to promote here.

The idea is, with less taking threads in the forum, there will be more giving threads. The artists can set up the threads however they like, if they do not want a ton of posts all at once, they can say so.

newmoon
Pack Initiate
Pack Initiate

You're not expected to complete everything posted on your topic. You can always say "I will not do everything that is asked" if you must. Giving isn't an obligation.
birdie
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends
Pronouns: sher
Preferred Name: birdie, whimsy, HUSH
Species: idiot

honestly it's there, it's done, the admins have made their decisions and i don't think complaining about it is going to do anything);
just wait a while(: you'll probably get used to it, and honestly this is good for newer users! it teaches giving instead of taking, and i know a lot of those just getting into the swing of things colour poses for a very small fee (i've seen whole rooms advertised for .02 deltas). giving those 'little guys' some business will just spread happiness without breaking the bank(:
no one 'needs' things for free. so there's no real 'need' for a free request board.(:

of transparency, shut downs, and plot
I know of no reason why the transparency and shut downs should ever be forgot

XVII days

Rapture

RoseShadows wrote:Oh, and could you not delete the old forum? Because I have topics that I need to know who I got a character from/art and stuff ^_^
The old forum is located inside the new forum, but it is closed for posting.

Layla
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Rapture wrote:
RoseShadows wrote:Oh, and could you not delete the old forum? Because I have topics that I need to know who I got a character from/art and stuff ^_^
The old forum is located inside the new forum, but it is closed for posting.
Alright, thanks! I enjoy the new form, its a lot easier!
Rapture

WOW, seriously, so many threads already in the new forum. You guys all rock!!!!!!!!!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic