New 'Artists Giving Back' Forum

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
Rapture
Spellweaver and Wordsmith
Pronouns: any
Species: Wolf

The Wolfhome forums has an exciting announcement to make!

Beginning February 23,2013, a new forum will be added to The Artsy Section, called 'Artists Giving Back!' This forum will be a light-hearted, welcoming place for all artists of Wolfhome to offer free art, pose services, events, etc. for all forum members. If you've ever been in an extra kind mood, extra generous, or even just bored, this will be the perfect place for you to spread your good mood to others or entertain yourself through art without the pressure of taking on commissions. Even if you're feeling down in the dumps, you would be surprised how much lighter you can feel after doing something nice for a fellow Wolfhomer. Friendly gestures are incredibly infectious, so get in there and spread the love!

Due to community feedback about request threads for free art, we have decided we will not allow request threads to be made in the new forum, as we feel they flood the forum and "down out" artists who wish to create art for free. We will lock and delete any request threads and keep the forum excusively for artists to voice their own passion for creating free work. Artists Giving Back will completely replace the current 'Free Colouring/Shading/Grayscaling/etc.' forum, and the old forum will turn into a subforum to be used for archive purposes, but it will be closed for posting.

We hope everyone will enjoy this fresh new forum and look forward to seeing it in action!

Tat
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer

Oh sweet!! This sounds so awesome n___n
ps you typo'd wolfhome as woflhome js ;>
but we don't offer waffles here
why are there no waffles ? ;___;
T4T
Rapture
Pronouns: any
Species: Wolf

thanks ;)

mmm, wafflehome

Synapse
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: Syn

Pride

Dove wrote:Oh sweet!! This sounds so awesome n___n
ps you typo'd wolfhome as woflhome js ;>
but we don't offer waffles here
why are there no waffles ? ;___;

||>> Anipelago <<||
previously Jayx
4/23/18
Tee
Species: idiot

So where will people who do want free grayscaling, coloring and such post?
I mean not everyone in that forum wants free art and I rarely see "free coloring" type threads in that area so people who need free shading or coloring are screwed basically.

You wanna make a place where artists can offer free requests, fine, but don't outcast people who can't color for themselves or afford coloring services. You can still forbid free art requests, basically trying to get custom art free, but why ban posts wanting free pose help?
Meraki
The stuff of Legends
The stuff of Legends

I like this idea, but I think the free section should also stay for others to post?

Teetonka wrote:So where will people who do want free grayscaling, coloring and such post?
^
one day is gonna turn into another season
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
Nabyn
Adept Protector
Adept Protector

Fortune wrote:I like this idea, but I think the free section should also stay for others to post?

Teetonka wrote:So where will people who do want free grayscaling, coloring and such post?
^
characters
Layla
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Nabyn wrote:
Fortune wrote:I like this idea, but I think the free section should also stay for others to post?

^
i Agree, i like the idea of the new fourm. But alot of the coloring and stuff i need, i cant do myself.
Thats were the free section comes in handy ^.^
Doolin
Archdruid - Spirit Caller
Preferred Name: syd

RoseShadows wrote:
Nabyn wrote:

^
i Agree, i like the idea of the new fourm, but alot of coloring ect., i cant do myself.
Thats were the free section comes in handy ^.^
what what lol?
Synapse
Omniscient
Omniscient
Pronouns: they/them
Preferred Name: Syn

Pride

Roo, the creation of this forum will cause the "Free Greyscaling" forum to be removed and unable to post in.

||>> Anipelago <<||
previously Jayx
4/23/18
Doolin
Preferred Name: syd

nono i understand that
i just
why would that be
removed
what
:I
Layla
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Ahh. I editied my other post because it made no sense lol....
You can most likely read it now.. I want to go to waffelhouse...
Tat

I think, all the same, you can post a topic offering greyscaling & etc. in the Artists Giving Back forum. As Rapture said, it will replace it with a place for artists to offer (not for users to request)
Rapture wrote:free art, pose services, events, etc. for all forum members.
Not just art itself, but everything else, as well. It would greatly reduce the amount of topics and the workload for the forum moderators to have to keep track of, since it would be just posts on topics, not topics everywhere with only a few replies. :)
T4T
Saebre
Pronouns: she/her

Dove wrote:I think, all the same, you can post a topic offering greyscaling & etc. in the Artists Giving Back forum. As Rapture said, it will replace it with a place for artists to offer (not for users to request)
Not just art itself, but everything else, as well. It would greatly reduce the amount of topics and the workload for the forum moderators to have to keep track of, since it would be just posts on topics, not topics everywhere with only a few replies. :)
precisely. people who are in need of free services will now just need to browse the artists' topics instead of make their own post. it will add an extra step for those looking for free services, but it will keep the subforum neat and tidy, and the idea is that artists will be less hesitant to post since it won't be a crazy mess of request posts. you can just browse through the artists that have posted recently and pick who strikes your fancy :D
♥ ♥ ♥
art topic | premades | tos
Layla
Ethereal Ancestor
Ethereal Ancestor

Saebre wrote:
Dove wrote:I think, all the same, you can post a topic offering greyscaling & etc. in the Artists Giving Back forum. As Rapture said, it will replace it with a place for artists to offer (not for users to request)
precisely. people who are in need of free services will now just need to browse the artists' topics instead of make their own post. it will add an extra step for those looking for free services, but it will keep the subforum neat and tidy, and the idea is that artists will be less hesitant to post since it won't be a crazy mess of request posts. you can just browse through the artists that have posted recently and pick who strikes your fancy :D
Ok i understand now, but what if no artist is offering the job your looking for?
Locked Previous topicNext topic