Font changes

Old announcement of past promotion rounds and updates to Wolfhome.
GTWOLF
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!
Species: Dingo

I haven't seen anyone with a blue name since it changed but, I hated it, like really hated it. I'm not old, I don't have eye problems, but I'd like to be able to see who I am talking to without having to strain my eyes just to read their name and not give myself a stroke. I also don't care for the black around the red/orange font but I guess I will have to get used to it, it makes it look horrible to my eyes still. I realize you can't 'please everyone' but really, it makes me not even want to be on the chat, esp the blue, that was terribad. I am all for change but that was a bit too much and too much for peoples eyeballs...all I saw was a major complainfest happening when I logged in.
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/they
Preferred Name: Christa

i think the outlines around the fonts are what make it most hard on my eyes, i never have been able to adjust well to coloured fonts with the black outlines. however, i usually enable the !names feature anyway, so it's no biggie on my end
GTWOLF
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Casanova wrote:i think the outlines around the fonts are what make it most hard on my eyes, i never have been able to adjust well to coloured fonts with the black outlines. however, i usually enable the !names feature anyway, so it's no biggie on my end

What is this? I've been gone forever so I have no clue what this is, and yes the outlines are poo nuggets on my eyes :<
Perseus
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
Pronouns: she/her
Preferred Name: Alli
Species: Fennec Fox

Pride

GTWOLF wrote:
Casanova wrote:i think the outlines around the fonts are what make it most hard on my eyes, i never have been able to adjust well to coloured fonts with the black outlines. however, i usually enable the !names feature anyway, so it's no biggie on my end

What is this? I've been gone forever so I have no clue what this is, and yes the outlines are poo nuggets on my eyes :<
it makes the names disappear :O

❝ i don't want to spend my life ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ
𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄.
»»————- ★ ————-««
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ commissions | toyhou.se ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

perseus & luce on chat
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

it's a really convenient feature when you don't like to squint at the text constantly and would rather just view the poses against the background. i know that personally when i see text, my eyes automatically squint to read it even if i don't necessarily want to. especially in cases like this where it's different colours or harder to read, i'd rather just not see it
GTWOLF
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

But why should I have to do that? I've been coming here more years than I care to share and that would be more weird than this red font with outlines. I dunno, whatever! Thanks for the suggestion I guess, I never had an issue reading the names before so just ..shrugs..
Saeglopur
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!
IT'S OVER 2 9000'S!

i have no idea what the end result is gonna be. i wish i could be more help but i think that everything is just going through a test run. i just know that feature is my own personal fix for now until it blows over :[ i'm sure that feedback will definitely have an impact
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Colo or L

As I stressed, the 00ff00 blue colours were simply a mistake/glitch as soon as I got wind of that happening it was changed so users no longer have blue names. The black has been changed to lighter tones because of how contrasting it was.

GTWOLF
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Trust me I read what you said. Do the admins still have blue names? If so, that would be a pain to read still, like for new people ect.
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

the names are a cyan like blue not the 0000ff blue

GTWOLF
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Well I suppose that is a step in the right direction, you didn't really clarify so I wasn't sure. I haven't seen it in the chat yet but I'm sure one of these days I will.
Colo
Omniscient
Omniscient

This is what it currently looks like: http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/ ... /names.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fik
Omniscient
Omniscient
Preferred Name: Kay

Pride

GTWOLF wrote:Trust me I read what you said. Do the admins still have blue names? If so, that would be a pain to read still, like for new people ect.
I, personally, liked the idea of admins having a different color so that new users are immediately like "oh that's different" whether or not they get that we're admin, at least they are noticing us and noticing that we're talking. I've had enough instances of users being like "You're not an admin" :/
☆ A final farewell ☆
GTWOLF
IT'S OVER 9000!
IT'S OVER 9000!

Dunbar wrote:
GTWOLF wrote:Trust me I read what you said. Do the admins still have blue names? If so, that would be a pain to read still, like for new people ect.
I, personally, liked the idea of admins having a different color so that new users are immediately like "oh that's different" whether or not they get that we're admin, at least they are noticing us and noticing that we're talking. I've had enough instances of users being like "You're not an admin" :/
I remember this being discussed a long time ago, because I thought it was a nifty idea also, but people ultimately decided it would be awkward and not make everyone comfortable like admins were some kind of special snowflake or something, I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, I was referring to the blue color being used, that was all.
Hygge
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Spirit Guide - Wise Healer
Pronouns: she/her

I think the font in the speech bubbles, text box, and Away messages should be the same as the usernames and the chat box for more balance
you outshine the morning sun
Ricochet on chat
Locked Previous topicNext topic